• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, I tried it to the best of my abilities – still can't get it to start though, but it's probably some fault on my end.  :???:

Anyhow, now I seem to have misplaced the original font.xml file for Warband, so now I can't see the text on any mods (I really thought I had a backup). How do I get it back the easiest way?

Gundabad said:
Okay, I tried it to the best of my abilities – still can't get it to start though, but it's probably some fault on my end.  :???:

Anyhow, now I seem to have misplaced the original font.xml file for Warband, so now I can't see the text on any mods (I really thought I had a backup). How do I get it back the easiest way?

You can always use Steam to repair and recover the original game files: Go to Steam, select the game in the Library. Right-click on its entry, choose Properties in the context menu. A dialog will open, switch to the LOCAL FILES tab, click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...

That will do.

There are other people who have managed to install it on Mac and reach action mode with their characters. They actually found another broken overriding in the Mac engine which made enemies unkillable. There's a workaround for it, so the game should work even after all the shoddy work from Taleworlds (which I have reported and not received a reply from them yet).

--

I have posted the full instructions of how to install TLD in Mac OS X with the various workarounds here:

Code:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/299974223/361787186436486677/

(That's the place I always keep updated. So if you are a Mac or Linux player please comment in that board so that I get notified.)

I'm having a weird problem with wargs. Seems that, when I have my Warg Riders dismount, the riderless Wargs get killed and respawned constantly, causing a very heavy CPU limit and eventually turning the battle into a lagfest. I'm not sure if it also happens if the riders get killed.
I'm using a module system from March and I'm pretty sure I haven't fiddled around with any code concerning wargs. Can you reproduce this?

I just noticed this too when testing out a new quest I made. I am to attack a place where there are warg riders, and when the rider is killed, the riderless wargs keep respawning.

I'll look into it, but Swy may know where to look first.

Tingyun said:
nemkediamond63 said:
Khamukkamu said:
Oh i see. Did you have the nightly patch before you started a new game?

Cause with the nightly patch + new game, you shouldnt have these types of crashes.

If you did, then I wouldnt know what to do :sad:

I think I had it but it doesn't matter now. I had to reinstall MnB anyway :grin:
So I will install both TLD and Nightly Patch then start over...

Thanks anyway :wink:

Remember that there are cheat mode options for gaining influence and rank points. Given your past situation and posts, it seems perfectly reasonable to give yourself enough influence and rank to get the spider.

I haven't noticed that kind of cheat codes before. Where do you find them? There are some to get almost all rewards, but that cheat doesn't give you spider for some reason :grin:

No no, he means you can tweak your influence/rank gain rate, which would lead you to get lots of influence points fast. When you get enough influence points, then you can 'purchase' it from the faction where that reward is given.

Go to Camp Menu Options --> Gameplay Tweaks (i think) --> Influence Gain Rate

Double posting, but I'd like to mark this milestone down :smile:

TLD just hit 3,000 Total Ratings (with 97% positive ratings; 165,844 total unique subscribers; 277,005 total unique visitors to the page) on the Steam Workshop. (i believe we are 2nd to Gekokujo [another great mod], with 3249)

Thanks again to the original dev team for making such an amazing mod! This is still the best game out there (imho) to immerse oneself in Middle-Earth.

Special thanks to Merlkir / Mr.Milker, who is still helping out (PR wise, lorewise, and overall, being 'the go to guy' for TLD).

Super thanks to Swyter for his Black Magic and porting TLD over to Warband AND STILL making all changes compatible with M&B 1.011 (for our loyal 1.011 supports [and I assure you, people still play 1.011 TLD!]) Also, because of him, we are the ONLY MOD FOR WB with custom shaders that is made compatible with Linux, Mac, and Android (NVIDIA Shield WB)!

And of course, the supporters of this mod!

Even though we only have a few people working on this mod left, we have big plans to make it even better :smile: Stay tuned!

(PS, we still take bug reports and suggestions, so please post it here or in the mbx forums)

I've added another custom camera preset that not only is good for Orcs and Dwarves, but could also look nice for our taller races.

t3FwY.jpg
_imOH.jpg
sZtwj.jpg

So now there are 3 camera modes:
- Normal
- Free (you can adjust to your liking)

I think I'll remove free, as it could just mean trouble.. but i like the idea of giving the players options.

Khamukkamu said:
I've added another custom camera preset that not only is good for Orcs and Dwarves, but could also look nice for our taller races.

t3FwY.jpg
_imOH.jpg
sZtwj.jpg

So now there are 3 camera modes:
- Normal
- Free (you can adjust to your liking)

I think I'll remove free, as it could just mean trouble.. but i like the idea of giving the players options.
Personally, I would like to have more options than fewer. It might be useful in a battle when you want to have more overview. Good work by the way! I like the fact there is more than one option.

Thanks Jezze.

I have it set up already so the player can simply choose between Default, Fix, and Free.

Ok, camera done! Onto the next project..

Ok, camera wasnt done, cause I wanted to add the ability to 'switch shoulders' for the Fixed Camera mode. Just to give the player more flexibility:

_g4CC.jpg
KavwX.jpg

Now i think camera is done.. unless i want to add zooming to the fixed camera mode for even more flexibility...

Congrats, and thanks for keeping this mod alive. I'll have to come back to it to check the updates.

How do you change the camera? From the camp menu or are there a way to change it in the spot from inside a scene?

From inside a scene, such as battle, castle/town, etc. (didnt put it in 'walk around' camp menu option, but yea.. i should.).

Press END.

We just hit 3,000 Positive Ratings on Steam Workshop :smile: Grats all!  :party:

Sorry for the double post.

So I've been thinking about Gondor a lot.. (I was primarily an EVIL player, so i didnt care much about gondor).

It looks like if the player is from Gondor, they have no chance of defeating Mordor IF the keep/stick to Gondor. Here's why:

1) Gondor doesnt really amass hosts and go on the offensive. They usually stay in their castles (I'm looking at you, Baranor!) , and if they do go out, they get defeated easily. The player can help win a few battles, but can get overwhelmed.

2) Gondor lords are far from each other, so they don't end up helping each other if a lord gets in trouble. Like above, the player can help win a few battles, but when there is Mordor + Khand + Corsair hosts out and about, player can no longer help

Rf3k5.jpg

So it seems that a Gondor player's chance is to help Rohan or the North FIRST, then have these guys help Gondor. This seems true to lore.

However, the player may not be aware of this, and may stay within Gondor and get frustrated by the lack of support from Gondor lords.

This behaviour may be the same, but not as pronounced, in Rohan.

So Im thinking of creating a chain of Gondor quests. High-level design goes something like this:

1) Player is from Gondor.
2) Player speaks with Denethor; tells player to go to Faramir to ask about the state of Gondor.
3) Player goes to Faramir, and Faramir tells the player that all will be lost, without the aid of Rohan (and/or other allies).
4) Player is given quest to get the support of other factions
5) Player goes to other factions and tell them of Gondor's plight.
6) They don't trust player and will ask player to do some quests / be of certain rank, etc.
.. and so on

Something like that for now. I have some other ideas in mind too, but this is at least a starting point.

What do you (whoever else is reading this thread) think? :smile:

Banastre said:
Alright! Not too familiar with Google Drive, but I uploaded it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhkFarjto0Oa3dhXzlpNVRfUGs/view?usp=sharing

Make sure to back up the listed files before replacing them. Requires the great RCM port. All changes based on/inspired by lore and RCM balancing.

Changelog

* Some specialized troops now use Reward items.
* Added new bandits to help with the monotony of fighting wild orcs all the time (also changed Dunnish Outcasts and Orc Stragglers into bandit parties). These bandits are based on lore and are equipped with a variety of ragtag equipment, and they are:
1. Ruffian - basic human bandit.
2. Outlaw - tougher human bandit.
3. Highwayman - tough horse-mounted bandit.
4. Thief - speedy axe/knife-throwing bandit.
5. Poacher - archer bandit.
6. Dwarven Looter - renegade dwarf bandit, tough but slow.
7. Western Deserter - a deserted soldier of Gondor, Rohan, or Dale seeking his fortune with brigands.
* Added two new Tribal Orc units (Wild Orc Warlord, Wild Orc Hunter). Also varied, rebalanced, and modified Tribal Orc/Mountain Goblin names and party compositions.
* Renamed a few factions for lore/consistency. (Gundabad, Moria, Mirkwood Elves)
* Bandits are now hostile to Easterlings/Variags/Haradrim. Still friendly to Orc factions, though they'll still attack an Orc player. Can't fix this without making all bandits friendly to the player no matter what race they are.
* Added the Witch-king as a very powerful Lord unit; Gothmog remains the marshal for lore reasons. Expect some intense (and extremely difficult) duels if you fight the Lord of the Nazgûl head-on.
* Added a fixed Nazgûl unit for Barad-dûr Legions. Up to 8 can appear in the Barad-dûr Legion.
* Renamed several units based on lore/variation.
* Faction Standard Bearers are now Lieutenants: equipped with other items besides just standards.
* Players can now obtain Standard Bearers.
* All independent faction parties (Scouts, Foragers, War Parties, Raiders, etc.) have increased numbers and troop variety. Evil Factions are numerically superior in most cases.
* Gondor parties buffed a bit more than other Good factions to help prevent them from getting wiped out within an in-game week. They may even win a few battles now!
* Wolf/Warg Riders of Mirkwood bugfixed and now used by Dol Guldur.
* Some Lord names fixed for spelling, punctuation, and rank.
* Added Rhudaur Units for Gundabad (Rhudaur Horsemen, Berserkers, and Hillmen), savage men friendly to orcs, hailing from the former Kingdom of Rhudaur to the west of the Misty Mountains.
* Bears, Spiders, Wolves given charge bonuses.
* Trolls and/or Olog-hai are more frequent in Orc armies.
* Legendaries/Unique weapons/armor for all factions are now significantly better than standard weapons, rather than just very slightly better.
* Balanced bow/arrow damage a bit.
* All horses, wargs, and wild animals do extra Blunt charge damage, to work well with RCM's tougher armor. Light and Medium troops, especially Orcs, are now vulnerable to heavy cavalry charge damage.
* Certain Good faction weapons and armor buffed very slightly, mainly Rohan, for more lore-accurate balance. They should no longer get insta-stomped by Isengard in battle.
* Replaced Greenwood Relic Sword and Galadhrim Blade reward items with Orcrist, famed Biter of Gondolin, and Urquinehtar, Orc-feller of Lorien.
* Wheat, ale, and wine now consumable and provide morale bonuses. (Not currently working)
* "Go forth on you chosen path" typo fixed, along with other assorted typo fixes.
* Orc faction garrisons increased.
* Troll damage increased.
* Elf Lords buffed.
* Various different Lord equipments adjusted, balanced, and improved.
* Beorning and Woodsmen weapons buffed significantly.
* Dwarf, Gondor, Rohan, Dale weapons buffed slightly.
* All warhorses buffed, especially Rohan and the Easterlings.
* Most Mordor/Isengard Orc/Uruk weapons buffed; they're still inferior, but not entirely useless any more.
* Weapon holdtype and flag fixes.
* Bandits are now properly hostile to non-Orc factions! Optional file included for Orc players.
* Deserters now hostile to all factions, not just the player.
* More balancing done.
* (3/10/2015) Greatly reduced Bandit party sizes; no more 100-man outlaw parties.
* (3/10/2015) More weapon balancing and a new Isengard reward weapon.

No triggers/scripts were touched by me, so everything should be seamless. Playtested so far and no bugs came up.

Updated 3/10/2015

Any chance of updating it again? The only thing I don't like is the Witch King he is way too powerful. You defeat a huge Mordor army as Gondor then there is only Witch King and he kills everyone and Mordor wins the battle... even if Witch King is the only one alive.

Khamukkamu said:
Sorry for the double post.

So I've been thinking about Gondor a lot.. (I was primarily an EVIL player, so i didnt care much about gondor).

It looks like if the player is from Gondor, they have no chance of defeating Mordor IF the keep/stick to Gondor. Here's why:

1) Gondor doesnt really amass hosts and go on the offensive. They usually stay in their castles (I'm looking at you, Baranor!) , and if they do go out, they get defeated easily. The player can help win a few battles, but can get overwhelmed.

2) Gondor lords are far from each other, so they don't end up helping each other if a lord gets in trouble. Like above, the player can help win a few battles, but when there is Mordor + Khand + Corsair hosts out and about, player can no longer help

Rf3k5.jpg

So it seems that a Gondor player's chance is to help Rohan or the North FIRST, then have these guys help Gondor. This seems true to lore.

However, the player may not be aware of this, and may stay within Gondor and get frustrated by the lack of support from Gondor lords.

This behaviour may be the same, but not as pronounced, in Rohan.

So Im thinking of creating a chain of Gondor quests. High-level design goes something like this:

1) Player is from Gondor.
2) Player speaks with Denethor; tells player to go to Faramir to ask about the state of Gondor.
3) Player goes to Faramir, and Faramir tells the player that all will be lost, without the aid of Rohan (and/or other allies).
4) Player is given quest to get the support of other factions
5) Player goes to other factions and tell them of Gondor's plight.
6) They don't trust player and will ask player to do some quests / be of certain rank, etc.
.. and so on

Something like that for now. I have some other ideas in mind too, but this is at least a starting point.

What do you (whoever else is reading this thread) think? :smile:
Absolutely. I played as a Gondor Ranger some time agp, and no matter how much lords i defeat, nothing happens. Lots of lords are defensive,  just as you said. Having aid from others, would help a lot, without a doubt, and that quest shouldn't be just for Gondor, why not implementing it on the other factions that are being weak at that point.

I just started playing this game today. Did I make a mistake by choosing to side with Dale in the north? Is it boring up there in the north?

Back
Top Bottom