Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

UBERMANN said:
So turning shadows to low fixed it. Ever since I changed that one I've been running it fine for a few hours.

But my performance was already at 100+ FPS as a minimum, unless the game doesn't like you running the game extremely well.

Nevermind, I've lowered all my settings to the absolute worst they can be, yet I'm still getting Runtime errors every battle.

Are you using enhanced version of Mount&Blade? Do you have ragdolls off? And most importantly, have you read the performance guide on MBX forum?

I am running enhanced version, as I said, all my graphics are as low as possible, that means 0 everything. And I can't find the MBX performance guide. Google doesn't find it, and I don't know what mbx is.

UBERMANN said:
I am running enhanced version, as I said, all my graphics are as low as possible, that means 0 everything. And I can't find the MBX performance guide. Google doesn't find it, and I don't know what mbx is.
I believe the performance guide they're referring to is this one.

Well my graphics are literally the lowest M&B will go. I'm running on 5 battle size, 0 corpses, 0 ragdolls, 0 detail on everything, no grass, etc.... and every battle I get a

"RUNTIME" error and it says something about the program closing itself in a strange way. Not RGL errors, not "nameless" errors, but runtime errors. I've done everything in that guide yet I still crash like a concrete plane. I haven't done the last two that require computer knowledge or some **** though.

This is a great mod but its damn unplayable for me and its a shame.

UBERMANN said:
I haven't done the last two that require computer knowledge or some **** though.

This is a great mod but its damn unplayable for me and its a shame.

I feel the RAM fix especially would solve your problems. It's a shame you don't have the little computer knowledge it takes.

It is a shame, but if I knew what the fix was and some instruction on how to do it, I would definitely  attempt it.

Perhaps this might help?

Tei said:
2. Adjusting VM
(32bit & 64bit OS)

(Thanks Tina for reminding me about VM)
This solution probably won't work if your RAM and Virtual Memory summary is lower than it should be. You can't do much about RAM (well, if you have cash then you can do much about it) but you can change the values of VM.
Known problems with changing the VM settings:
  • (XP) boot.ini file doesn't exist - there are three possibilities here: first one is that you don't have the administrative privileges to edit the file; second one is that the file, for reasons unknown, actually doesn't exist; third one is that the file is hidden. Solution to the first problem is logging in as an administrator user. Second one is described → here ←. Solution to the third problem is setting the folders to show hidden and system files (I really don't know what will it change but was suggested by some people, so - try it out), but I don't remember where do you change that in XP and Vista so refer to system help (press F1 on your desktop).
  • can't set the VM values over 4096 MBs (4GBs) - most likely the drive you are trying to use for the swap file space is formated with FAT32 file system. This allocation forbids to use files bigger than 4GBs. You'll have to use a hard drive or partition formated with NTFS file system.
  • also, have in mind that we are talking about disk space, so make sure that you have enough disk space to be used as VM

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (or at least I think that the route is the same in each of these systems)
  • Menu Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
  • Performance -> Settings
  • Advanced tab -> Change
    The tricky part is setting the values right. Microsoft suggests (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417 , Step 2) to set the minimal value as 1.5x of your RAM and maximal value as 3x your RAM (so if you have, for example, 2GBs of ram then minimal is 3.5GBs and max is 6GBs... so that's 3500MBs and 6000MBs). There's plenty of topics on the web with performances results and such revolving around this subject so... Google.
  • Save, reboot

It's from the 1257 AD forums but might help you with the last penultimate bulletpoint of paragraph 1 in the MBX guide?

I increased my VM to 20mb and now the game loads in like 10 seconds, lol. That seemed to have fixed it, I haven't crashed after playing for a few hours. Also it seemed to have boosted my FPS greatly in many other games. I might increase it more, since I have 600 gigabytes free on my 1 terabyte harddrive.

Anyway crashes are very rare now. I kinda ragequit though, because I just defeated a 500 man strong Corsair army. After I won, I tried to save. Boom, runtime error, the first crash in like 5 hours too. Its like Sauron entered my computer and crashed me for beating that huge ass army. I even permakilled the Corsair faction leader and 1 captain.

runtime error or some party-script error?

I wiped out a 'host' with its leader on day one and the game didn't like that, just wondering if it was a one-off or related to your error...

On my previous Dwarf playthrough after day like 65 I got this text error that said it failed to simulate a battle or something, but it didn't crash the game, was just one of those in game mount and blade script errors.

When I crash, my game screen goes black and a little windows dialog comes up that says "runtime error, blah blah blah (the location of the exe and some random numbers and text) the program told itself to terminate in an unusual way" or something of that sort.

Thanks for your hard work. I play TLD since the first version ever, and it was always the best. You got Ancientwanker's idea right, even having to start again from scratch. Congratulations.

UBERMANN said:
It is a shame, but if I knew what the fix was and some instruction on how to do it, I would definitely  attempt it.

There is a thread on the MBX forums titled like "Fix for vertex buffer error", or something like that, where someone posted instruction on the extended address memory thing. It's not very difficult.

*Elfy cries*

My precious! It's mine! Noooo... preciousssss.....

(my 272 days old Elven soldier met her fiery end through save game corruption... the game was at point where Dol Guldur and Rhun we're defeated and
Mordor was weakened  :cry:)

Elfy said:
the game was at point where Dol Guldur and Rhun we're defeated

Wow, Dol Guldur defeated? I gave (cheated) Celeborn 1000 top-tier Lothlorien troops to encourage him to attack Dol Guldur (he has a total of 1470 troops now), but he does nothing but sitting on his fat ass.  :evil:

I almost single-handedly reduced it to spent and wavering, then Celeborn took Haldir and Orophin with him and rode to siege it. Siege lasted pretty
long, but finally they attacked and I joined the battle =)

One problem with wargs I've just noticed is that, my cavalry with lances and spears seem to target riders of wargs and not wargs. This poses a problem when lots of riderless wargs galloping around on the battlefield and when I lie there unconscious.  :evil:

Made my first TLD video, just a quick battle. Turned out unfortunately dark, and I died, but oh well. I expect to make more, better ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81XLCT50o8

Back
Top Bottom