• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I hit the spot (lvl 41 day 227), where you can't load the game anymore. I have a save game 10 days away from the crash. Still needed?

Thank you for the podcast and all the explanation.

I restrict my feedback and my wishes to the things which were not mentioned. I hope that doesn't my posts sound negative or arrogant, it may even sound (and sounded in my previous posts) harsh, but that's your fault : P When you make such a great game and we all fell "in love with it", sure we get "emotional" when stuff doesn't work! ^^

Problem: No End (jeah ... i know, you mentioned it in the podcast)
Solution: 1. enable Sieges for players (above level 30? after day 100?) 2. enable the command to bring a fraction leader to start a siege 3. make the crusade more aggressive

Problem: the availability of good items
Solution: please implement some sort of upgradesystem for items. you enter a city/fraction the first time and see the masterwork bow that you always wanted ... but you can't afford it. 40 visits later you start to cry why the bow hasn't shown up EVER AGAIN!

Problem: too much cash with the "big" fractions in the south (related to "no end" and "south to weak/north to strong")
Solution: implement some sort of cash sink, like a shop where you can buy the masterwork pieces guaranteed (for very high prices) or an upgrade system. also possible would be some "soldier improvement"system, where you can ask for better equipment for your soldiers. an economic system beyond that would be too much, especially when you think about the background and that the currency is reputation ....

Problem: there is no practicable possibility to raise ones reputation with imladris (my start fraction) or other small fractions in the north (partly related to "north to strong")
Solutions: either bind no real event towards the own fraction (prefer the one with the highest rank) or give (a reduced) reputation bonus for the very own fractions when there is no fraction involved. Both would be okay, in terms of story telling. Either the hero leaves his home to help the allies (in the south ^^) and gets famous and rewarded there, without anyone knowing back home or he is the hero of his nation officially send to help.

Problem/Question:
Is it intended when station own troops in a city that you can only withdraw them, when it is the home fraction? I trained dozens of the best gondor archers to leave them at endangered cities to see that the one soldier from imladris that i stationed there could be withdrawn without any problem in contrast to the archers.

Thank you anyway for posting the podcast. Thanks for the developers (if its somebody else) for making such a great game and for there constant work on it. I hope that helped more than it tired (or confused. I'm German, maybe my syntax is a little bit of  :wink: )

If there is a new patch which fixes the hole "missing end" problem, I'm gonna play TLD again for sure : D

greetings bear

Other than Moria being unfinished apparently, my only problem with this mod is players not being able to start sieges.

This is because even on day 112, I have yet to see ANY faction lay siege anywhere, and I do pay close attention to the notifications. Not a single siege by anybody, anywhere. The whole thing is getting pretty bland, even some factions have extremely low strength, nobody is doing anything about it.

Bearcup said:
Problem: too much cash with the "big" fractions in the south (related to "no end" and "south to weak/north to strong")
As an alternate solution, there should probably be a max on how much any one faction can afford to front to you, based on how well they're doing in the war. If they're getting a shellacking then they wouldn't have the materials to spare to anyone not their own, no matter how beloved. And even the most well to do group should probably have limits to how much materials they can make available to any one commander.

well, the money is influence, or reputation, rather than cold hard stuff.
If you get heaps, can you not order the Kings and so on to follow you and go to (a) or (b) - where hopefully they will start a siege or get in a fight?

@ "limited reputation":
That sounds more like a punishment in a situation were you are on the verge of losing or something that doesn't solves the problem, when your fraction is strong enough.

@ "order your king":
You can't order kings. Only Lords. And the highest command is "patroll around enemy camp xy and attack anything that moves"

greetings Bear

They did say they might include it as a quest, eventually, given by a king/lord. S'pose you'll be able to ask lords to join you on that quest, either by spending RP, influence or have surpassed some relation points limit.

I've already seen the player able to ask one of the bear lords to go to *random location*, with some cost in influence, so I'm guessing that's one way to do it.

Bearcup said:
I hit the spot (lvl 41 day 227), where you can't load the game anymore. I have a save game 10 days away from the crash. Still needed?

Yes please. If you can, upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

Thank you for the podcast and all the explanation.

I restrict my feedback and my wishes to the things which were not mentioned. I hope that doesn't my posts sound negative or arrogant, it may even sound (and sounded in my previous posts) harsh, but that's your fault : P When you make such a great game and we all fell "in love with it", sure we get "emotional" when stuff doesn't work! ^^

Problem: No End (jeah ... i know, you mentioned it in the podcast)
Solution: 1. enable Sieges for players (above level 30? after day 100?) 2. enable the command to bring a fraction leader to start a siege 3. make the crusade more aggressive

We know, it's being worked on.

Problem: the availability of good items
Solution: please implement some sort of upgradesystem for items. you enter a city/fraction the first time and see the masterwork bow that you always wanted ... but you can't afford it. 40 visits later you start to cry why the bow hasn't shown up EVER AGAIN!

Might happen, isn't too high a priority.

Solution: implement some sort of cash sink, like a shop where you can buy the masterwork pieces guaranteed (for very high prices) or an upgrade system. also possible would be some "soldier improvement"system, where you can ask for better equipment for your soldiers. an economic system beyond that would be too much, especially when you think about the background and that the currency is reputation ....

Not sure about the exact solution, will be addressed.

Problem: there is no practicable possibility to raise ones reputation with imladris (my start fraction) or other small fractions in the north (partly related to "north to strong")
Solutions: either bind no real event towards the own fraction (prefer the one with the highest rank) or give (a reduced) reputation bonus for the very own fractions when there is no fraction involved. Both would be okay, in terms of story telling. Either the hero leaves his home to help the allies (in the south ^^) and gets famous and rewarded there, without anyone knowing back home or he is the hero of his nation officially send to help.

It is possible, it just takes more effort and time. I'll think about it.

Problem/Question:
Is it intended when station own troops in a city that you can only withdraw them, when it is the home fraction? I trained dozens of the best gondor archers to leave them at endangered cities to see that the one soldier from imladris that i stationed there could be withdrawn without any problem in contrast to the archers.

Not sure about this, coders would know.

Thank you anyway for posting the podcast. Thanks for the developers (if its somebody else) for making such a great game and for there constant work on it. I hope that helped more than it tired (or confused. I'm German, maybe my syntax is a little bit of  :wink: )

If there is a new patch which fixes the hole "missing end" problem, I'm gonna play TLD again for sure : D

greetings bear

More aggresive campaigning and sieging (too complex to explain here) is already implemented, also dialogs with marshalls to suggest sieges (with plenty of conditions there), and, though it might be an overkill, a large last-stand legion, which you could defeat to kill off a weak faction. These were all done and awaiting release for some time.
We will post a minor release soon including these changes, once all the music gets composed (and there's a lot of it).

Thank you for all the responses and answers.

One last questions: Where do I find the file with the save games?

@MadVader: Looking forward it! :grin:

Bear

I hope the problem with giving reinforcements to allies (towns, lords and scout parties) has been addressed as well. There's actually more than one problem with it though.  Here's a couple of them briefly...

• Giving reinforcements to towns, lords and other allies results in a dialog with no exit (tabbing out doesn't work either). Along with the reinforcements, giving a few troops that belong to another faction sometimes makes it work.
  • Sometimes allies don't recognize the troops given as reinforcement, even though the troops belong to their faction. You don't get any RPs back. Happens usually when the reinforcements are top-tier troops.
  • Sometimes when you attempt to reinforce a party/town the script seems to use the prisoner slots for some reason. When allies refuse to accept some of the reinforcements, they not only give the reinforcements back, but also give you some enemy troops (Harad, Dunlanding etc) as well. This usually happens when you have prisoners of that enemy faction.

Anyway, happy new years to everyone.  :smile:

By saving before stationing any troops in towns that isn't that much of a problem. (But jeah, I noticed all of that too :razz:) Once I even saw some Rohan Soldiers fighting against me, side by side with the Dunlanding :grin:

Well this is a bit of a problem, during large battles (after some testing, I found that anything larger than the default 51 is bad) I CTD. So anything above the default 51 battle size crashes, lol even 52. Anybody else have this problem?

I think it'll depend on your system and on the map, 'cos I think I once fought a battle with over 100 battlesize. Under 200 though.

Well, its a mix of errors that happen. Sometimes in the middle of battle I get a vertex buffer error, sometimes when starting a battle or even in the middle of a battle I get a runtime error which closes the game.

Its really annoying now, its basically playing russian roulette when I try to fight anybody because there is a really good chance that I'll crash.

But I'm sure its not my system, I run the game fine at a good 100 fps if that counts for anything.

UBERMANN said:
Well, its a mix of errors that happen. Sometimes in the middle of battle I get a vertex buffer error, sometimes when starting a battle or even in the middle of a battle I get a runtime error which closes the game.

Its really annoying now, its basically playing russian roulette when I try to fight anybody because there is a really good chance that I'll crash.

But I'm sure its not my system, I run the game fine at a good 100 fps if that counts for anything.

It is, these errors are always performance related. Try reading the Optimization guide over at MBX, it has plenty of good and working tips to improve performance.

So turning shadows to low fixed it. Ever since I changed that one I've been running it fine for a few hours.

But my performance was already at 100+ FPS as a minimum, unless the game doesn't like you running the game extremely well.

Nevermind, I've lowered all my settings to the absolute worst they can be, yet I'm still getting Runtime errors every battle.

Don't have a screenshot but just saw a dialog screen with a typo (caused by a scripting error) saying something like "Your help was welcome. My name is xxxx Res.Pts (lothlorien). Can I learn yours?".

Back
Top Bottom