SP Tutorial World Map Thorgrim's Map Editor [incomplete, inactive]

Users who are viewing this thread

After import I've seen, that europa is there, but ist only an "Water european".... what is wron?

Happened to me, too. As far as I can remember I think I named the file the wrong way.

Did you forget the  -c as well?

no the -c where there, but ive found my problem....

there was an pixel, with colour was not the Blue that it have to.

But know the map work.

hi guys,
i have another problem. i finished my map and when i try to start m&b or M&b warband with my new parties.txt,map.txt and mapicons.txt it starts, but im not able to start a new game. It always freezes(i guess since nothing happened after 5 mins) at the "initialize map" screen. so im aware there are some problems with my map but i haven´t exactly figured out which ones they are.
i also did my fair trial with the 3 M&b and M&b warband files, without any success. i even tried using all 3 files from m&b when recreating my map, but that hasnt helped.  could it be pixelrelated or anything the like?
i can offer the height,color or object map if this will help out.
Below are the links to any of the 3 files.
i would really appreciate the help.
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=47199 --> the color map
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=47200 --> height map
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=47201 --> obj file map

thx in advance for the help

May be some parties are outside the map? Sometimes they are outside if the map size changes and it could also happen that those don't even show up. Usually you can find those in a corner if so. If this should be the case it could be useful to press 'z' in all the corners and to search the parties file if you have parties pretty close to those coordinates in case they are in fact invisible inside the map editor.

Posted by: Ritter Dummbatz
« on: Today at 01:40:18 AM »

May be some parties are outside the map? Sometimes they are outside if the map size changes and it could also happen that those don't even show up. Usually you can find those in a corner if so. If this should be the case it could be useful to press 'z' in all the corners and to search the parties file if you have parties pretty close to those coordinates in case they are in fact invisible inside the map editor.

No that wasn´t the case since i tried redoing my map from scratch where i would delete all the values in map.txt and parties.txt, so i had a blank map when i imported my different files into the editor.
But i found a thread where someone had the same problem and couldn´t get over the ingame "initialize map" screen. There was something which piqued my interest and it has to do with modifying the warband module.ini and make it up to date for my map. i don´t exactly know how but im gonna try working with my module.ini.
ty anyway

Basicaly i got sort of problem, i did map of europe, i paint it verry well, but after im importing it in editor some places on the map geting sort of broken, as example, Ireland is square :roll: when sicily (which even smaller then ireland) is alrite...
So I did second map from the beggine and it got even worsed, while whole world is ok, whole Britain is squared... Any clue what causing that and how to fix it?

And another think, i cant figureout how to make map larger, im messing with all files but everytime i start up editor its always in same size

Back
Top Bottom