SP Tutorial World Map Thorgrim's Map Editor [incomplete, inactive]

Users who are viewing this thread

Tx for answers
If it wasn't for my lazyness, i would have found out in throrgrim's help page...

So Red border is cam border indeed, and you can move it by simply click and drag ,while in the selection menu. That was what i wanted to know. :wink:

Yellow border  is world border. By moving the red border you move this one too and risks are that you might see the  rough egde of the world (sky map) in game if you move it too far.

About the bump, I 've tried several times to re do the Bump map, following the tutorial, but still get the same result; actually i ve found out the new Bmp isn't accepted: i have the right c-map, but the bump from native only...

Anyway, that is no big deal, i have smoothed (Spell?) all the oceanic bumps, and redone everything by hand and it is just fine. :wink:

Do anyone have a clue why the mountain terrain I add in the editor doesn't show up in-game? (Warband)
Everything else works out rather fine... (except for untimely editor crashes  :smile:)

dunno... What do you have instead, plain?
I have tested my map in M&b only.
I' ll do a test in Warband soon, so maybe i will be able to answer your question.

I get snow instead (although a slightly different texture compared to regular snow).

I do wonder if it works the same way as mountain does though... in that case, I could just replace the texture with something more mountain-looking.

It works, just when the z coordinates of the triangles are high enough the game adds snow to the mountains. Just double click the vertices and move the whole map lower to change the snow cap line

Wow, that helped out a lot!
(and it forced me to learn how to move vertices in the z-axis, which made stuff a lot easier :wink:)

Ok, now I just have to start the game about 10 times until I find the right balance :grin:

Thanks!

Edit: Yup, it did the trick. One good advice is to use the automatic land/water tool (ctrl-F) to find out where the 'default' level should be.

About the import, I have both files in the editor's folder, were do I put them so it succecefuly imports them? Cuz rigth now I have the editor import them and it ignores them.

Try importing the maps into a simple graphics editor like paint, and saving them there. The map editor might have some problems reading too many colours etc.

hi,

do you guys maybe know were I can find were the map is send to?
I have a lot of mods and stuff and dont know were the map goes when I save it. :oops:

can you pls help me

(by the way Im a noob in modding)

Rat

Do not forget your parties text file as well.

Also for you guys who can't move towns "Snow_village_a2" is the way to go for moving towns around. Just be sure to mark in a file or paper what the original icon was.

Keynote: When you import just the map you get just the map file. Nothing more.

Astropuyo said:
Also for you guys who can't move towns "Snow_village_a2" is the way to go for moving towns around. Just be sure to mark in a file or paper what the original icon was.

Egbert said:
Fearghus The Killer said:
I struggle with the map editor all the time. I can't "select" the villages to move them as if the icons for them don't even exist, so when working with a map I'll edit all the village icons to town icons in parties.py.
Are you using the map editor with Warband map_icon and parties files? The number of map icons was changed to add desert icons, so thorgrims map editor gets confused. You should use parties.txt and map_icons.txt files from M&B and then copy the changes to your Warband module file when done.

IMHO, someone should do a comprehensive new manual for this editor. At least then people won't be always asking the same basic questions all over again (including me, since I haven't dared to do anything more complicated with the editor so far, e. g. enlarging the world map).

It's pretty ridiculous there's only a few measly threads about the editor and editing the world map, considering it's one of the most important parts of making a total conversion mod (like most people do). 

I've done your tutorial by using GIMP.

After import I've seen, that europa is there, but ist only an "Water european".... what is wron?

And how i can gett europa bigger? I want to get a map wich is 5 times so Big than the normal map from native... .

Back
Top Bottom