The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

I only just watched it (meant to do so earlier, but forgot about it; thanks for reminding me!), and I thoroughly enjoyed. Just the story of a few soldiers during an otherwise rather insignificant confrontation - no nonsense, no overly excessive drama or heroic action.

Just watched the bastard executioner;

1401x788-bastardEx_001.jpg

Peasants, so no helmets is reasonable, dude has swords because he was a man at arms and peasants actually brought some shields.

Clothes should be more colorful and peasants should not have riding horses but...pretty neat series when compared to most others.

Juholi said:
I'm not ready to let it go :cry: Everything isn't lost yet! Do not speak like it's over.

A true son of the North accepts his fate. It is of no use to reject the inevitable.

winge_Orvar_Odd.jpg

Forþon ic geþencan ne mæg
Geond þas woruld
For hwan modsefa
Min ne gesweorce
Þonne ic eorla lif
Eal geondþence,
Hu hi færlice
Flet ofgeafon,
Modge maguþegnas.
Swa þes middangeard
Ealra dogra gehwam
Dreoseð ond fealleð.

The Wanderer

In my heart I will forever carry the fond memories of you, my friend. Perhaps our paths will cross once again on some fortunate day in the unforseeable times to come. Yet even then, none can tell if by then we will still recognise one another.

Farewell, loyal companion! Farewell, my old friend!

Looks like an imitation of a Frankish sword. The Franks were known for creating good blades and a lot of people in contact with the Franks wanted them. It's not surprising to see that kind of sword.

Hospes fori said:
winge_Orvar_Odd.jpg

Forþon ic geþencan ne mæg
Geond þas woruld
For hwan modsefa
Min ne gesweorce
Þonne ic Eorla lif
Eal geondþence,
Hu hi færlice
Flet ofgeafon,
Modge maguþegnas.
Swa þes middangeard
Ealra dogra gehwam
Dreoseð ond fealleð.

The Wanderer

How very fitting.

At kveldi skal dag leyfa,
konu, er brennd er,
mæki, er reyndr er,
mey, er gefin er,
ís, er yfir kemr,
öl, er drukkit er.

- Hávamál

In the evening day shall be praised,
wife, when she's burnt,
sword, when it's tested,
maiden, when she's married,
ice, when it's crossed,
ale, when it's drunk.

- Sayings of the High One

Imperial Eagle said:
Alternately it could be descended from late Roman spatha designs just to the north in Egypt, which were quite similar to the Germanic swords.

Yeah, but the hilt is obviously early medieval European style.

Vikings,

Merry Christmass, glorious Yule and a happy new year. Try to puke down the drain boys, your lives will be better for it.

I might've been a pain to deal with regularly, but know that each and every one of you and this mod will always hold a special place in my heart.

Thanks for the wonderful times, boys.

With love~

Guys, do you have old Vikingr SWE signatures somwhere? I'm looking for the one where a guy says 'LoL, they forgot their shields' or sth like that.

Back
Top Bottom