The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

With unbalanced weapons you are not able to cancel attacks, most needed if teammates are moving in your hitting direction. So use unbalanced weapons wisely, to avoid teamhits and teamkills.

Although it's supposed to work like that, the point in animation beyond which you can't cancel is rather late, at least for one handed unbalanced weapons. It can make a difference sometimes, but usually, for me at least it helps to do long feints.

PotatoPower said:
sotijalo said:
Puny Scandinavians boasting about their Viking heritage...

So jealous!

I've totally neutral and objective point of view considering that it was my ancestors who got raided and were under rule of Viking descendants for 700 years.

This is what I've been doing last weekend. The video came out pretty epic (though as much as I like Eluveitie on concerts I'd prodably go for some different music) :grin: You can spot me in several places - I'm wearing a red padded kaftan and a conical helmet with pheasant feather. I either wield a sword and a blue shield with yellow swastika, or a big ass dane axe :razz:

Viking, or at least Polish reenactment is deffinitely a lot more powerful than 13th century. I'm not even allowed to swing for a helmeted noggin, even when they poke their heads out like fools. Still Polish doesn't compare to Russian though. Bloody lunatics throwing tree trunks at people.

All the ranting aside, you've got a pretty cool kit Dragomir!

Polish early reenactment in my opinion is a great compromise between the eastern and western styles. We fight aggresively and go for heads etc. but not in a crazy and dangerous manner like Russians do. It's not very historical to have a 3 kilo swords and 4mm sheet metal helmets, and that's what russians usually have... As well as four layers of padding and armours. But the main problem is that they're immortal. In western style even the lightest hit inside the hit zone counts, in russian style they don't fall down until they are knocked unconscious basically. In Poland we are supposed to go down after a hit, but there's always a rule that says "If you hit a foe and he doesn't lie down - hit again, only twice as hard", so instead of having an argument whether one hit or not we just keep fighting if someone didn't feel the hit. It is both impetuous and considerably safe at the same time.

Hahaha! Some good shots of you there, Dragomir. I think I saw a couple more familiar faces (or their gear rather). Is that Ragnarr banging a guy on the back of his helmet with a sword several times at 2:22? xD

Dansk viking said:
Is that Ragnarr banging a guy on the back of his helmet with a sword several times at 2:22? xD

Yeah xD It's quite hilarious. Also, notice how my axe grows up from behind the line at 1:43 (it even goes with the music, just misses a "WHOOOOOP" sound xD) I usually keep it low to the last moment, so that the opposite team doesn't expect it and put a spearman against me or something :razz:

1 month without Vikingr,

5c329296d6869266f3213b85f8a0373d.png

Hospes fori said:
In turn this is definitely not. Instead it is just ridiculous.
logo_barbarian_by_artigas.jpg

Does it looks ridiculous :

9406fa5ab740c4b882adc64f81469197.jpg

Its pure epic.

Hospes fori said:
"Einherjar_Angantyr", indeed this screenshot must have been taken a long time ago.
in 2011 maybe, don't remember now.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
What a glorious man.

Vladimir-Putin-is-often-pictured-partaking-in-various-sporting-activities-often-topless-such-as-horse-riding-in-southern-Siberias-Tuva-region.jpg

wpid-haters-gonna-hate-putin1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom