The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

lllAnteklll said:
There was the free weekend so a lot of noobs playing this game the first time.

I enjoyed this game. There is some teamwork, atleast I saw it. If there is no teamwork, you can use chat to ask for "Do this ******** objective!". Team Objectives game mode is wonderful. And I use first person viev only - both in WB and in Chivalry. Better feeling when I use 1st person view. 3rd person sucks.

Pluses:
- Good fighting system. Way better than in WB.
- Special skills for each class.
- A lot of blood and gore. Cutting hands, legs and heads of your enemies.
- Good graphic, animations and sounds.
- Good physic.
- Weapon Unlocking.
- Objectives game mode.
- Beautiful character voices
- Good maps.
- Stamina.
- Good stuff like smoke bombs, shields for crossbowmans that you can place in the front of you and take cover behind it and other fine equipment.

Minuses
- No customization. In WB you can choose the sex of your character, set his/her face and choose a banner. In Chivalry you don't have customization options.
- There are only two factions and only two differences between them: 1. One faction is good and one faction is evil. 2. One faction is blue and one faction is red. In WB you have six factions and every faction have different equipment.
- No cavalry(I find this game so wonderful and I don't need cavalry. But if there would be cavalry, it should be quite better.).
- There are more weapons in WB. And I think this menu with 4 weapon slots is better than primary-and-secondary weapon system.
- In Chivalry there are only four armors: one armor for each class. In WB you have more armors and you can choose a helmet, boots and gloves.
- Shields can got broken in WB. In Chivalry shields are unbreakable.

Bannerlord? They can issue the game engine and modding tools only. Modders will do the rest - a lot of beautiful mods for free. In WB Native sucks but there are a lot of good mods with nice features and good feeling. I think there will be the same thing with Bannerlord.

Good fighting system. Way better than in WB.

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Found a nice story. Cheating is bad mmkay

5.      Earl Sigurd made himself a mighty chief;  he joined his fellowship with Thorstein the red, son of Olaf the white and Aud the deep-minded, (:cool: and they won all Caithness and much else of Scotland, Moray and Ross;  there he caused to be built a burg southward of Moray.  These two agreed between themselves to meet, Sigurd and Melbricta toothy the Scot-earl, that they should meet and settle their quarrel at a given place, each with forty men.  And when the day named came, Sigurd thought to himself that the Scots were faithless.  He made them mount eighty men on forty horses;  and when Melbricta got to see them, he said to his men:  “Now are we cheated by Sigurd, for I see two feet of a man on each horse’s side, and the men must be twice as many again as the steeds that bear them.  Let us now harden our hearts, and let us see that each has a man for himself ere we die;”  and they got ready after that.  And when Sigurd saw their plan, he said to his men:  “Now half of our force shall get off horseback and come on them in flank when the battle is joined;  but we will ride at them as hard as we can, and break in sunder their array.”  And so they met and there was a hard battle, and not long ere Melbricta fell and his followers, and Sigurd caused the heads to be fastened to his horses’ cruppers as a glory for himself.  And then they rode home, and boasted of their victory.  And when they were come on the way, then Sigurd wished to spur the horse with his foot, and he struck his calf against the tooth which stuck out of Melbricta’s head and grazed it;  and in that wound sprung up pain and swelling, and that led him to his death.  And Sigurd the mighty is buried under a “how” at Ekkjalsbakka. (9)  Guttorm was the name of Sigurd’s son;  he ruled the lands one winter and died childless.  And when earl Rognvald of Mæren learnt the death of that father and son, he sent his son Hallad west, and king Harold gave him the title of earl.  And when Hallad came west, he sate down in Hrossey, but Vikings went about the isles and over in Caithness;  they slew and robbed men.  But when the yeomen brought their scathe before earl Hallad, then he thought it hard to right their lot, and he grew weary of the dignity;  he turned himself out of the earldom, and took up his freehold right, and went back to Norway;  and his journey was thought the greatest mark for mockery.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/is3/is302.htm

Hengwulf said:
Found a nice story. Cheating is bad mmkay

5.      Earl Sigurd made himself a mighty chief;  he joined his fellowship with Thorstein the red, son of Olaf the white and Aud the deep-minded, (:cool: and they won all Caithness and much else of Scotland, Moray and Ross;  there he caused to be built a burg southward of Moray.  These two agreed between themselves to meet, Sigurd and Melbricta toothy the Scot-earl, that they should meet and settle their quarrel at a given place, each with forty men.  And when the day named came, Sigurd thought to himself that the Scots were faithless.  He made them mount eighty men on forty horses;  and when Melbricta got to see them, he said to his men:  “Now are we cheated by Sigurd, for I see two feet of a man on each horse’s side, and the men must be twice as many again as the steeds that bear them.  Let us now harden our hearts, and let us see that each has a man for himself ere we die;”  and they got ready after that.  And when Sigurd saw their plan, he said to his men:  “Now half of our force shall get off horseback and come on them in flank when the battle is joined;  but we will ride at them as hard as we can, and break in sunder their array.”  And so they met and there was a hard battle, and not long ere Melbricta fell and his followers, and Sigurd caused the heads to be fastened to his horses’ cruppers as a glory for himself.  And then they rode home, and boasted of their victory.  And when they were come on the way, then Sigurd wished to spur the horse with his foot, and he struck his calf against the tooth which stuck out of Melbricta’s head and grazed it;  and in that wound sprung up pain and swelling, and that led him to his death.  And Sigurd the mighty is buried under a “how” at Ekkjalsbakka. (9)  Guttorm was the name of Sigurd’s son;  he ruled the lands one winter and died childless.  And when earl Rognvald of Mæren learnt the death of that father and son, he sent his son Hallad west, and king Harold gave him the title of earl.  And when Hallad came west, he sate down in Hrossey, but Vikings went about the isles and over in Caithness;  they slew and robbed men.  But when the yeomen brought their scathe before earl Hallad, then he thought it hard to right their lot, and he grew weary of the dignity;  he turned himself out of the earldom, and took up his freehold right, and went back to Norway;  and his journey was thought the greatest mark for mockery.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/is3/is302.htm
Today, on m. weyes for to deyen: Sigurd is biten to death by a lifeless, bodyless head.

I do, though I've never played against a human opponent, so don't expect a challenge.  :razz:

Dunno if it's a problem, but I lack a means of voice communication as well.

I have Medieval 2 Total War with Kingdoms, don't think I've patched it though. We could play it sometime, if you accept me as your opponent.
I am not any good in Total Wars, though.

FimbulTýr said:
Does anyone here own medieval 2 total war and wants to play a few online battles?  :razz:

Oohh many years ago I played several online battles with my italian clanmates, I remember i reached a good peak but as i said before it was YEARS ago...  I played some battles lately on vanilla, people just cav/spam and rush..

I'm not sure if you know it, but we used to play "Retrofit" mod. In few words its purpose was to balance statistics of units and decrease the power of cavalry a little (that was litterally game breaking).

See how much epicness this mod have lost :

e3879547d49bb087369a1ba34234e188.jpg

a4112e05bfe9206ee97f155930a95922.jpg

Envy mighty Berserkers and to hell with sordid archers.

Partizan_Rusi, if you're going to whine about dem good ol' days and bash the devs without providing any constructive criticism or well thought out arguments as to how they might improve the mod, you may as well shut your trap and leave us alone. Go punch a wall for all I care.

Wernicke said:
Partizan_Rusi, if you're going to whine about dem good ol' days and bash the devs without providing any constructive criticism or well thought out arguments as to how they might improve the mod, you may as well shut your trap and leave us a lone. Go punch a wall for all I care.

Well I still think that removing the raptors was a huge mistake...

sotijalo said:
Wernicke said:
Partizan_Rusi, if you're going to whine about dem good ol' days and bash the devs without providing any constructive criticism or well thought out arguments as to how they might improve the mod, you may as well shut your trap and leave us alone. Go punch a wall for all I care.

Without a doubt. What you said earlier was true, but all their efforts are surpassed by deleting the raptors which came in varied tropical colours. Bloody facists.

Partizan_Rusi said:
See how much epicness this mod have lost [...]
Envy mighty Berserkers and to hell with sordid archers.
Well, it depends on what you regard as "epic". For instance I consider this figure to be epic.
viking1.jpg
In turn this is definitely not. Instead it is just ridiculous.
logo_barbarian_by_artigas.jpg

Partizan_Rusi said:
"Einherjar_Angantyr", indeed this screenshot must have been taken a long time ago.

sotijalo said:
Viking_Raptor_by_hawanja.jpg

Back
Top Bottom