The Mead Hall

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you! I used Blender 2.63 to make that helmet, but when I imported it into OpenBRF, some of the faces disappeared? As for the nasal, I may increase the size a bit.

I did play it for a few months, and  I am even a colonel service star 25  :razz:. I also bought the premium version wich was money in the toilet. No i dont play that game anymore, somehow the game manage to find the rage that lays deep down in me.
Not that i'm bad at the game, i have 640.62 in skill level but I just cannot handle this game anymore.

Holmgaardviking said:
I did play it for a few months, and  I am even a colonel service star 25  :razz:. I also bought the premium version wich was money in the toilet. No i dont play that game anymore, somehow the game manage to find the rage that lays deep down in me.
Not that i'm bad at the game, i have 640.62 in skill level but I just cannot handle this game anymore.

Hmm, i kinda go back and forth from the game.. Usually play gun master:razz: I have the premium version too. Cant say i like the way they did it with the DLC's. If you ever find yourself playing the game again, join my platoon! Harepuzene :grin:

Too bad half the servers where full or passworded and in 1/4th I could not connect to and my friends were unable to connect to the rest.

Tried Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for free this weekend...for my taste to acarde like, and i dislike the first person view. Saw not enough of teamwork there, so definitively not my game.

Ingbrand said:
Tried Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for free this weekend...for my taste to acarde like, and i dislike the first person view. Saw not enough of teamwork there, so definitively not my game.

I bought it too. I think for 6€ it was worth a purchase. Not a bad game but pretty confusing and zero teamwork, but it's funny for some mindless and fast hack&slash. About the first person view, you can switch to 3rd on pressing P (or L don't remember).

Yeah, it's good, fast-paced, mindless, silly and over-the-top fun, but nothing memorable or anything. At first I found the 1st person view too sickening, but I got used to it after a while. I still play every now and then, and I think it's worth the price on a sale.

PS: not all servers allow the third-person view, apparently, but I assume most do.

I actually like the 1st person very much, much more immersive and made situational awareness actually counting. And also - I'm not sure about you but I saw plenty of teamwork on certain servers, especially on maps with special objectives (kill the king, kill the king's family etc.) which imo are pretty awesome. Combat was pretty intense and IN YOUR FACE, however it was 95% arcade and 5% tactic. Weapon feeling was amazing, though I missed Warband's mouse direction control a bit. Graphically it's very nice - puts new technology to good use without giving you overly bright HDR etc. Much cooler for mindless slaughter than Warband. And I remind you guys that you won't find anything but mindless slaughter on Warband's native servers...

How are you guys feeling about bannerlord? Personally - I'm full of doubt. They have a lot of potential, but I'm afraid they'll go for something sure with a sequel and that we won't see anything new that would be too groundbreaking. I could wish for good stamina system, passive shield protection, special effects for wounded limbs or head and bloodloss instead of HP, locational damage that detects armour on certain bodyparts (i.e. aim for the eyeholes) more attack directions... And leaving out the fight system alone the single player could be made into something intensely awesome, for example by giving bots advanced group AI (no cav chasing, group charges, good positioning, experienced troops could have advanced formations etc.) Let that out, the economic and political systems could be much more advanced, with more ranks on the feudal ladder (for example only way to get knights would be to summon them from the villages they own, no more training peasants into nobles, and then depending on their relation with you they'd come or not).

I'm afraid they'll make money whatever they do, so then they'll do whatever, like we've seen with many good games or game series.

There was the free weekend so a lot of noobs playing this game the first time.

I enjoyed this game. There is some teamwork, atleast I saw it. If there is no teamwork, you can use chat to ask for "Do this ******** objective!". Team Objectives game mode is wonderful. And I use first person viev only - both in WB and in Chivalry. Better feeling when I use 1st person view. 3rd person sucks.

Pluses:
- Good fighting system. Way better than in WB.
- Special skills for each class.
- A lot of blood and gore. Cutting hands, legs and heads of your enemies.
- Good graphic, animations and sounds.
- Good physic.
- Weapon Unlocking.
- Objectives game mode.
- Beautiful character voices
- Good maps.
- Stamina.
- Good stuff like smoke bombs, shields for crossbowmans that you can place in the front of you and take cover behind it and other fine equipment.

Minuses
- No customization. In WB you can choose the sex of your character, set his/her face and choose a banner. In Chivalry you don't have customization options.
- There are only two factions and only two differences between them: 1. One faction is good and one faction is evil. 2. One faction is blue and one faction is red. In WB you have six factions and every faction have different equipment.
- No cavalry(I find this game so wonderful and I don't need cavalry. But if there would be cavalry, it should be quite better.).
- There are more weapons in WB. And I think this menu with 4 weapon slots is better than primary-and-secondary weapon system.
- In Chivalry there are only four armors: one armor for each class. In WB you have more armors and you can choose a helmet, boots and gloves.
- Shields can got broken in WB. In Chivalry shields are unbreakable.

Bannerlord? They can issue the game engine and modding tools only. Modders will do the rest - a lot of beautiful mods for free. In WB Native sucks but there are a lot of good mods with nice features and good feeling. I think there will be the same thing with Bannerlord.

- Good fighting system. Way better than in WB.
That's debatable. I feel they have all the tools in place to make fighting truly outstanding (stamina, aimed & timed blocks, etc), but they use them for Evil (arcade style) rather than for Good (blocking with a weapon is still too easy, almost easier than with a shield; stamina is hardly a factor unless you play man-at-arms or something against a knight).

When playing Objective games I agree there's roughly as much teamwork as in Warband. The community is pretty insufferable though. And what about the modding community? Does Chivalry even have one? It doesn't look mod-friendly at all. The low gravity servers make up for many of its shortcomings though.

Armour still doesn't count for much, all being reduced to a HP + AC formula. I hope they implement realistic armour in Bannerlord, but it'd be pretty much the first game ever to do it, so I doubt they will.

I can't stand blocking without shield in Warband. Swing your mouse in the right direction to block? I don't like this. I think the system in Chivalry where you just aim the crosshair to the end of your foe's weapon is better. Just more enjoyable.

And you can cancel your attack to force your foe to block too early, then strike this bastard.

Yes, there are mods. Just type "Chivalry Medieval Warfare Mods" in Google.

lllAnteklll said:
And you can cancel your attack to force your foe to block too early, then strike this bastard.

Yes, Feinting.. Like the others said, it's one of the most used ways to trick the enemy in MB.  Compared to Chivalry, the MB fighting system is much more skill based.

Cant say i like chivalry that much, but they sure got the weapon tracking right! A mix between Chivalry and MB might end up being Bannerlord? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom