TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Bangor University has designed nuclear fuel cells, the size of poppy seeds...
The researchers have just sent the tiny nuclear fuel cell, known as a Trisofuel, to their partners for testing.
This Trisofuel cell could be used to power a micro nuclear generator, created by Rolls Royce.

Commendable. I also doubt (Meta's) Threads is a contender.
I thought Musk would run Twitter/X into the ground, but that's (likely) not happening.
But it most certainly hasn't been the financial success he had hoped for.

Commendable. I also doubt (Meta's) Threads is a contender.
I thought Musk would run Twitter/X into the ground, but that's (likely) not happening.
But it most certainly hasn't been the financial success he had hoped for.
Financial success? He did "X" to boost his unfillable stomach of ego.

He did it to make the everything app.

In other news: war.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is all happening because the US vetoed a ****ing UN resolution. Grow up.
I'm so done with morons making these **** UN resolutions but never actually achieving anything except for moral grandstanding over those who voted differently.

Actually, I agree with you. I'm sick of the posturing and the politically tailored statements supporting or condemning this or that. It's like international politics are being performed through Twitter posts, and the messages are intended to be read by the greater audience rather than the country/government to which they are directed. And yes, it feels like it all accomplishes nothing. As an aside, I've read articles where people have been upset because a government/organization/company didn't release a statement condemning something soon enough. What, you think another public condemnation is going to make it better? That's the same as offering "thoughts and prayers" after a mass shooting. The damage has already been done.

I do wish the US (and the wider world) would do more to stop what is happening in Gaza, though, instead of sticking with buddy Israel no matter what. I'm disappointed.

It's like international politics are being performed through Twitter posts, and the messages are intended to be read by the greater audience rather than the country/government to which they are directed.
Thats what international politics is though, at least from the perspective of a normal person. If governments actually want stuff done they have official back channels to contact each other, even for countries at war.

Twitter is just the new “newspaper” infrastructure. In the previous century NYT published articles on how Holodomor was a lie, and today we have countless twitter posts on how Jews killed their own children to justify the genocide of Gaza or how they deserved it anyway. And now Arvenskis of the internet drop these “we must force them to make peace” takes because somehow we have lost the perspective on who the aggressor was and what is the real implication of peace on the aggressor’s terms. As a Ukrainian I am triggered every time.

Where you stand in the conflict is determined by your political views.
The far left sympathises almost exclusively with the Palestinians. The closer to the centre your are the more you side with Israel/Jews.
And the far right hate both Jews and Palestinians - but Jews more, so they use the opportunity to criticise Israel.

Disagree with the last part, I think in most western European countries the far right hates Muslims enough to be pro-Israeli, although I imagine that's very mixed.

That depends on who you call the far right. Some people would call Meloni or Orban far right. These people are stupid.

The actual far-right westerners are of course rabid antisemites, it's a tradition. And it makes perfect sense that both right and left radicals agree on such issues because they have different ideologies but similar anamnesis. As Lenin put it: "the worse, the better" and that is the motto of every loser sufficiently removed from the political center.

Where you stand in the conflict is determined by your political views.

The oldschool "left" and "right" of the western world have mostly disintegrated since the cold war, they're just labels now. There are as many pro israel "rightwingers" as there are anti. Calling someone far right or far left really doesn't mean much beyond how they superficially present themselves. Most of the "extremists" on both sides are just political hobbyists who would have been the polar opposite a few years prior.

I think what really decides your average westerner's stance on these conflicts (which they usually have no stake in or knowledge about) is whether they trust the establishment or not. People in the US have been bombarded with calls to support ukraine and israel as a matter of existential importance, and people who hate the establishment are going to hate israel and ukraine by association.

Maybe the classic political chisms are hard to see in the US with just 2 parties in a cold civil war. But there are still many areas that clearly define the political lines, like climate, abortions or (affordable) health care a.o.
It's even more clear in European countries. Right now Tusk is about to roll back some of the populist/autocratic reforms in Poland. In Germany the SPD has a classic social-democratic program, like minimum wages or benefits. In France Macron is being pounded from both sides over his new immigration reform, with the left complaining it's too harsh and the right that it's too soft :smile:
In the UK Labour still think it's the 1980s.
I agree the political landscape is more muddy today, but still see numerous areas that define a left and right.

Back
Top Bottom