Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,
So folks, I have been seeing Lord's behavior and it's quite chaotic, so I thought a series of "rules" to rule them, each season they do something like this:
  • Spring: The month were seeds are planted. Recruit time for Lord's.
  • Summer: War time, when Lord's go out to raid or assembly an army to take a holding.
  • Autumn: Harvest season, when Lord's go back to their holdings to prepare for winter.
  • Winter: when Lord's and people feast, ongoing hostilities cease and sieges are stagnated.
A few things to comment here, would be nice if there were "slight" cultural differences, if a Lord is attacking a castle his siege could prolong to after winter or more, winter attrition to be harsher.

Historically speaking most cultures respected winter, due it's harshness, but right now Lord's go on rampage in none stopping wars.

I know this is an EA and that maybe this was planned or it's planned in a different way.

Pd: This post could use more ideas or comments to grow a better one.

I like it. If elements of this could be applied to lord AI, it might help snowballing too. Rather than always aggressively campaigning in winter, if some lords went home and looked after their affairs during winter, wars would stretch a little longer.

Sturgia, with their bonuses to moving in snow, would have a very distinct advantage when waging war in winter, when nobody else would want to go out to meet them.

I'm hoping lords will patrol their lands more proactively as we see more depth added to the campaign. I suspect the campaign AI was built largely to focus on warfare just to get everything working and testable, and more depth will be added to other elements later.

Back
Top Bottom