SP - General Seasonal warfare and levies?

Users who are viewing this thread

The way actual medieval warfare worked. Most of the troops were levies that would fight in a campaign, then return to their farms/jobs.
Hence why a part of the lords armies (and players) would be lower-leveled levies that are temporary troops. Professional soldiers and mercenaries would stay.

War was also heavily tied to the seasons. Harvesting season and winter were times where wars generally stopped or were put on hold due to economics and logistic reasons. You needed peasants on the fields to work the land, they couldn't be tied up into your army without significant impact on your economy.
Not only would that naturally stop steamrolling and give factions time to recover, but it also makes sense.

Tougths?

It would be cool to have the weather dictate when warfare could be effectively waged (and have this as an optional feature as it could get a bit too realistic and grindy).
Winters could be for town/castle management, etc.and the aim could be to have everything ready for spring.
Or you could risk a winter assault and surprise your enemies.
This is getting pretty complex however, maybe it would make for a decent mod. I'm learning to mod, so I'll definitely keep this idea you proposed in my head!

yeah, more realism would be great .. but you know what's going to happen, some console kiddy is going to complain "There's not enough fighting in Winter - BORING !" and TW will sacrifice more realism on the altar fire of entertainment.

yeah, more realism would be great .. but you know what's going to happen, some console kiddy is going to complain "There's not enough fighting in Winter - BORING !" and TW will sacrifice more realism on the altar fire of entertainment.
I honestly don't understand how people play games like BL on console, it just works so much better (lol) on pc

would love it but Ideally you'd want a longer calender, and quite frankly a more heavily populated and a map that wasn't as tiny/sparsely populated as bannerlord's is. 4 month years leaves a campaign season of only 2-ish (probably like 1.:cool: months total before it's harvesting and planting season.

Gotta disagree with this suggestion as someone that absolutely loves blood in the snow.. I mean uh... *Coughs* Not limiting my combat potential by season... yeah!... that... *Coughs*

I mean I'd be down for it being an optional feature, just don't make it a forced one. Some folks just like doing the massive battles and having to wait a good long while before you can fight again... tends to be pretty boring to those folks. Also doesn't help my entire economy for my clan is dictated on me waging war and selling prisoners and their gear most times lol. I do enjoy the raider style of play though.

Back
Top Bottom