Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

MadVader said:
You missed his point, criticising someone else's work is much easier than working. Try making a mod and you'll see the worst the humanity has to offer.

I mod other games, they always insult my art work even before downloading it.

You should start your own mod or join a major mod team then, instead of asking for source release. Because making a major mod is, rightfully, the only thing that matters around here. Maybe you could help Swyter and team to release a full-fledged Warband mod.

MadVader said:
You should start your own mod or join a major mod team then, instead of asking for source release. Because making a major mod is, rightfully, the only thing that matters around here. Maybe you could help Swyter and team to release a full-fledged Warband mod.

To be honest, I ask for sources simply to mod in things more easily. Things the creator would probably not agree with in the first place. Such as adding custom races, items, animations, random scripts, test models, etc. I'm not seeking to re-release works - at least not without the owners permission. For instance Brytenwalda has a open-modding policy as long as you give them credit and release it as a submod of Brytenwalda. I don't really like that mod as I understand the full horror of the dark ages so I've not wanted to try modding it. Besides that the map is huge with around 10+ factions.. I'm no professional, that would take me a long time to decipher their ModSys. Although tempting... considering it features the Freelancer mod.

Idibil decided on his own to release the BW source after reaching his predetermined stopping point, and even then only after a discussion. It's no guarrantee Swyter will do the same.

You're right, we at BW don't agree with much of what the players come up with for "our baby." I mean, seventy-four companions? I thought there were too many to start with. But we appreciate the enthusiasm of the fans.

BW is actually a bit of a compilation, so stuff like Freelancer you can find elsewhere. SWC, on the other hand, is entirely original, so far as I remember.

motomataru said:
Idibil decided on his own to release the BW source after reaching his predetermined stopping point, and even then only after a discussion. It's no guarrantee Swyter will do the same.

You're right, we at BW don't agree with much of what the players come up with for "our baby." I mean, seventy-four companions? I thought there were too many to start with. But we appreciate the enthusiasm of the fans.

BW is actually a bit of a compilation, so stuff like Freelancer you can find elsewhere. SWC, on the other hand, is entirely original, so far as I remember.

still bro i dont see why people dont like releasing their ModSys, copy cats cant steal what is free can they?

can they truly?

MadVader said:
Most of the time it's because people want to keep the features they develop unique to their mod and not end up in some kind of an incoherent mod compilation.

ok then that makes sense...

This mod looks very very good! But i have one problem. I cant understand that strange spells. I dont know what did i choose in the character creation. Can somebody help me?

Vata said:
This mod looks very very good! But i have one problem. I cant understand that strange spells. I dont know what did i choose in the character creation. Can somebody help me?

Basically you choose your baseline skills and items when starting the game. The spells, or forcepowers, work in the same way than bows and arrows.
For example, the level of power acts like a bow: Master Force Powers, then you equip the power/ammo: Force Lightning, Force Push and so on.

Clunky, but works.

Swyter said:
Vata said:

Basically you choose your baseline skills and items when starting the game. The spells, or forcepowers, work in the same way than bows and arrows.
For example, the level of power acts like a bow: Master Force Powers, then you equip the power/ammo: Force Lightning, Force Push and so on.

Clunky, but works.

Ehh! Sorry for my bad english! :smile: I think you misunderstand me. The spells in the game is like an arbian spells... not latin spells. I cant read/understand them.  :shock:

Vata said:
Swyter said:
Vata said:

Clunky, but works.

Ehh! Sorry for my bad english! :smile: I think you misunderstand me. The spells in the game is like an arbian spells... not latin spells. I cant read/understand them.  :shock:

Oh, the custom font! I don't know if you are using a current version. But basically I did a script which ena/disables it automatically.

In older versions (0.9.0.2?) it didn't worked as expected and basically it changed the font glyphs/letters but not their positions so the text was all garbled/messed up, unreadable.

To fix it just copy
Code:
font_data.xml
from the
Code:
<m&b install path>/modules/<swconquest folder>/data/
to
Code:
<m&b install path>/data

And that's it, if you have the 0.9.4-preview then it just works fine as one would expect.

Swyter said:
Vata said:
Swyter said:
Vata said:

Clunky, but works.

Oh, the custom font! I don't know if you are using a current version. But basically I did a script which ena/disables it automatically.

In older versions (0.9.0.2?) it didn't worked as expected and basically it changed the font glyphs/letters but not their positions so the text was all garbled/messed up, unreadable.

To fix it just copy
Code:
font_data.xml
from the
Code:
to
Code:
<m&b install path>/data

And that's it, if you have the 0.9.4-preview then it just works fine as one would expect.

Still not working. I use the latest version MnB (enhanced). Copyed the FONT_DATA.XML from the: Install dir/modules/Star Wars Conquest 0.9.4-previev/Font/      to the: install dir/data/
Im sure i do something wrong! :grin:

Vata said:
Swyter said:
Vata said:
Swyter said:
Vata said:

Clunky, but works.

To fix it just copy
Code:
font_data.xml
from the
Code:
to
Code:
<m&b install path>/data

Still not working. I use the latest version MnB (enhanced). Copyed the FONT_DATA.XML from the: Install dir/modules/Star Wars Conquest 0.9.4-previev/Font/      to the: install dir/data/
Im sure i do something wrong! :grin:

Then try running the Change Star Wars Conquest Font.cmd script with administrator privileges (right click to show up the contextual menu, option with the little shield symbol on it). Should be working fine.

If not, just reinstall the game. Your savegames won't be lost.

Back
Top Bottom