Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Not everything.I.E.
-New Armours would be required only for the Imperials&Rebels. Now,I was thinking of joining gloves and boots in the Armour,and letting 2 slots open for Jetpacks or other Misc Equipments I.E. Make Glove Slot for wrist mounted Energy Shields or Wrist Mounted Blasters and Boot slot for Jetpack or Bacta injector or other misc equipment...Thus,they would heavily reduce the quantity of items.Let me make a calculation of Armours and Helmets:
  ->8 Armors for Rebels(Trooper,Infiltrator,Marine,Gunner,Officer,Commando,Pilot)
  ->17 Armors for Empire(Cadet,Stormtrooper(Shocktrooper and SkyTrooper),Sandtrooper,Incinerator,NovaTrooper,Storm Commandos,Scout Trooper,Snowtrooper,Jumptrooper,EVO Trooper,Pilot,Royal Guard(and Royal Pilot),4 DarkTrooper Armors for Phase 0,I,II and III)
  ->4 Armors for Mon Calamari(Light Armor,Heavy Armor,Knight Armor&Pilot Armor)
  ->3 Armors for Wookie(Light Armor,Tribal Armor,Heavy Armor)
  ->3 Armors for Gamorrean(Gamorrean Body,Body w Light Armor,Body w Heavy Armor)
  ->6 Robes for Force Sensitives(Acolyte Robes/Sith Robes/High Sith Robes for Sith and Padawan Robes/Jedi Robes/Master Robes for Jedi)
  ->20 Armors for everyone(8 variations of civilian clothing i.e Rodian Thug in my link,4 Variations of Light Armor,4 Variations of Medium Armor and 4 Variations of Heavy Armor,i.e. Rodian Heavy Defender)
  ->3 Unique Armors(Darth Vader,Darth Maul and Maris Brood)
  ->4 Female slave equimpent
  ->10 Clothing for Mandalorians
  ->78 Armors in Total

->1 Armor for Rodian(Ripper Armor)
  ->9 Helmets for Rebels(Trooper,Infiltrator,Marine,Gunner,Officer,Commando,Pathfinder,Pilot)
  ->17 Helmets for Empire(Cadet,Stormtrooper(Shocktrooper and SkyTrooper),Sandtrooper,Incinerator,NovaTrooper,Storm Commandos,Scout Trooper,Snowtrooper,Jumptrooper,EVO Trooper,Pilot,Royal Guard(and Royal Pilot),4 DarkTrooper Armors for Phase 0,I,II and III)
  ->2 Helmets for Mon Calamari(Helmet and Pilot Helmet)
  ->1 Helmet for Rodian(Rodian Ventilator)
  ->3 Helmets for Gamorrean(Gamorrean Head,Head w Light Helm,Head w Heavy Helm)
  ->2 Hoods for Force-Sensitive(Sith Hood and Jedi Hood)
  ->about 5 or 6 civilian headwear
  ->9 Helms for each Mandalorian(exept simple one)
  ->Abut 50 Headwear in total

Items:
->Current Number of Pistols,Guns,Food and Training Equimpent
->1 Dual Westar-34 for Mandalorians
->13 Types of Lightsabers(Shoto,Offhand Shoto,Normal,Long-Handle,Offhand Long-Handle,Dual Phase,Offhand Dual Phase,Offhand,Shoto-Guard,Offhand Shoto-Guard,Lightclub,Dual-Bladed,Pike)(I was thinking of another script to define Lightsaber Blade Color,I.E. you gather Force Crystals and through a menu define which crystal to use for your lightsaber.Crystals use a script similiar to Heraldry,that emmits the blade like a particle system(thus you don't need to erase the blood from the fear that the blade gets bloody,and the blood goes to a very thin cylinder added to the hilt,thin enough for particle system to cover it,and is defined for Sensitive troops much like Heraldry)
->9 Types of Crystals(Red,Blue,Green,Orange,Yellow,Light Purple,Dark Purple,Teal,Gray-White)
->At least 13 Misc Items(Jetpack,Bacta Injector,Bacta Capsule,Wrist Mounted Blaster and 9 Colors of Wrist-Mounted Shields(Red,Blue,Green,Orange,Yellow,Light Purple,Dark Purple,Teal,Gray-White))
->9 Types of Pistol Bolts and 9 Types of Rifle Bolts(Red,Blue,Green,Orange,Yellow,Light Purple,Dark Purple,Teal,Gray-White)
->54 Other Items

->A total of 182 items ingame+Current number of Rifles,Pistols,Food and Arena and so tourney items.Max 300 items.That's all I propose.

And new Companions:
-Darth Maul(unique armor with droid legs but you can't change his equimpent,also with a Dual Wileded
-Maris Brood(unique outfit with droid legs but you can't change his equimpent)

Not to cause trouble, but if you really want a lot of these things to be included you could always volunteer to help by providing them with free models or scripts and such. Or even ask to be included on their development team, then what you ask for could be added faster.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Not everything.I.E.
-New Armours would be required only for the Imperials&Rebels. Now,I was thinking of joining gloves and boots in the Armour,and letting 2 slots open for Jetpacks or other Misc Equipments I.E. Make Glove Slot for wrist mounted Energy Shields or Wrist Mounted Blasters and Boot slot for Jetpack or Bacta injector or other misc equipment...Thus,they would heavily reduce the quantity of items.Let me make a calculation of Armours and Helmets:
  ->17 Armors for Empire(Cadet,Stormtrooper(Shocktrooper and SkyTrooper),Sandtrooper,Incinerator,NovaTrooper,Storm Commandos,Scout Trooper,Snowtrooper,Jumptrooper,EVO Trooper,Pilot,Royal Guard(and Royal Pilot),4 DarkTrooper Armors for Phase 0,I,II and III)
  ->6 Robes for Force Sensitives(Acolyte Robes/Sith Robes/High Sith Robes for Sith and Padawan Robes/Jedi Robes/Master Robes for Jedi)
  ->20 Armors for everyone(8 variations of civilian clothing i.e Rodian Thug in my link,4 Variations of Light Armor,4 Variations of Medium Armor and 4 Variations of Heavy Armor,i.e. Rodian Heavy Defender)
  ->78 Armors in Total

->9 Helmets for Rebels(Trooper,Infiltrator,Marine,Gunner,Officer,Commando,Pathfinder,Pilot)
  ->17 Helmets for Empire(Cadet,Stormtrooper(Shocktrooper and SkyTrooper),Sandtrooper,Incinerator,NovaTrooper,Storm Commandos,Scout Trooper,Snowtrooper,Jumptrooper,EVO Trooper,Pilot,Royal Guard(and Royal Pilot),4 DarkTrooper Armors for Phase 0,I,II and III)

Items:
->13 Types of Lightsabers(Shoto,Offhand Shoto,Normal,Long-Handle,Offhand Long-Handle,Dual Phase,Offhand Dual Phase,Offhand,Shoto-Guard,Offhand Shoto-Guard,Lightclub,Dual-Bladed,Pike)(I was thinking of another script to define Lightsaber Blade Color,I.E. you gather Force Crystals and through a menu define which crystal to use for your lightsaber.Crystals use a script similiar to Heraldry,that emmits the blade like a particle system(thus you don't need to erase the blood from the fear that the blade gets bloody,and the blood goes to a very thin cylinder added to the hilt,thin enough for particle system to cover it,and is defined for Sensitive troops much like Heraldry)
->9 Types of Crystals(Red,Blue,Green,Orange,Yellow,Light Purple,Dark Purple,Teal,Gray-White)
->At least 13 Misc Items(Jetpack,Bacta Injector,Bacta Capsule,Wrist Mounted Blaster and 9 Colors of Wrist-Mounted Shields(Red,Blue,Green,Orange,Yellow,Light Purple,Dark Purple,Teal,Gray-White))
->9 Types of Pistol Bolts and 9 Types of Rifle Bolts(Red,Blue,Green,Orange,Yellow,Light Purple,Dark Purple,Teal,Gray-White)
->54 Other Items

->A total of 182 items ingame+Current number of Rifles,Pistols,Food and Arena and so tourney items.Max 300 items.That's all I propose.

And new Companions:
-Darth Maul(unique armor with droid legs but you can't change his equimpent,also with a Dual Wileded
Personally I love the idea! Though in a way I agree with Lux, the chance that the team will change all of this at the current stage of development is...very low, if not nonexistant.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Not everything.I.E.
  ->78 Armors in Total

Items:
->54 Other Items

And new Companions:
Oh, only that? I'm so sorry, that's almost nothing. It would take no time at all. Say, why don't you do it if it's so easy?

It's not that all his suggestions are bad (though I remember the guy making ridiculous ones in the past), he doesn't post them in a modder-friendly way or doesn't think that a major redesign of the mod is not an option.

How to do it:
"Hi guys, I'm a long time fan of this mod and you are doing a great job. I was thinking about this-and-that and have some suggestions - I hope you will take some of your precious time and consider them:
*not-a-list-of-features-of-a-completely-different-mod-but-ones-that-complement-existing-features*"

Not too hard, eh?

Now, how about turning this mod into a western-themed mod? In fact, I insist you do this.

Exactly. You can't barge in requesting a complete overhaul of the mod. Some of your suggestions aren't so far-fetched, but they'll get overlooked burried in piles of impossible stuff.

Why don't we have entire planets with sustainable and dynamic ecosystems? You could have to grow every one of your soldiers from a single cell. The soldiers gain skills from their childhood experiences, which are all procedurally generated in real time. That way your soldiers are not faceless people to die in war, but real living breathing people.

Baronfuming said:
Why don't we have entire planets with sustainable and dynamic ecosystems? You could have to grow every one of your soldiers from a single cell. The soldiers gain skills from their childhood experiences, which are all procedurally generated in real time. That way your soldiers are not faceless people to die in war, but real living breathing people.

lmao

Lux said:
Exactly. You can't barge in requesting a complete overhaul of the mod. Some of your suggestions aren't so far-fetched, but they'll get overlooked burried in piles of impossible stuff.
Not an Overhaul of the Complete Mod.But of the Troop-Trees and Items.It is,in any case,a small part of the work they've done.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Lux said:
Not an Overhaul of the Complete Mod.But of the Troop-Trees and Items.It is,in any case,a small part of the work they've done.

True. It is a small part for the HANDS, but it is the brain who sucks the whole lot. And, it is not that small, believe me. Don't you have something better to do than running between topics and talk of things that never happened/not happening/will never happen?

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Lux said:

You really need to get in contact with a guy named "RevanShan".
I'm sure you would both get on incredibly well together.

Just to make it clear:
No, we will not be doing any ridiculous and damaging fanboy revisions of this mod, specially not this late into development, we had enough of that when Revan was let into the team. Things that often appear as "Minor changes" take huge amounts of time and resources to accomplish and for us to do all that to fore-fill some ridiculous and unnecessary fanboy based desire is simply not efficient.

We are of course Star Wars fans our selfs and do this project for fun in our limited spare time, we have both a good understanding knowledge of the Star Wars Universe and a good understanding of the limitations of the M&B engine along with what is required from us to develop a mod on it which leads us to constantly have to make balances between those areas to make things work.

I would simply advise those who wish vast areas of this mod to be changed simply take the time to learn the skills of modding themselves to either help contribute towards this project or develop their own since it's much more rewarding to do that than to jump between multiple Mod Forums requesting vast time consuming changes with out any working knowledge of what is actually required to do such things.

ThaneWulfgharn said:

Really? A small part? Have you ever redone the troop tree for an entire mod? Have you ever modeled and done the coding for any items? Do you have any idea what you're talking about at all?

Vector Dalon said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:
Lux said:

You really need to get in contact with a guy named "RevanShan".
I'm sure you would both get on incredibly well together.

Just to make it clear:
No, we will not be doing any ridiculous and damaging fanboy revisions of this mod, specially not this late into development, we had enough of that when Revan was let into the team. Things that often appear as "Minor changes" take huge amounts of time and resources to accomplish and for us to do all that to fore-fill some ridiculous and unnecessary fanboy based desire is simply not efficient.

We are of course Star Wars fans our selfs and do this project for fun in our limited spare time, we have both a good understanding knowledge of the Star Wars Universe and a good understanding of the limitations of the M&B engine along with what is required from us to develop a mod on it which leads us to constantly have to make balances between those areas to make things work.

I would simply advise those who wish vast areas of this mod to be changed simply take the time to learn the skills of modding themselves to either help contribute towards this project or develop their own since it's much more rewarding to do that than to jump between multiple Mod Forums requesting vast time consuming changes with out any working knowledge of what is actually required to do such things.

Do you ever have plans to release the ModSys with this mod in the future much as TLD has done? It would save a lot of whining and ridiculous suggestions if you give means for players to do the work themselves. Just tell them they can't release what they have worked on without your permission, or tell them they can only release their submods within this thread.

It would stop the whining, that's for sure, but the most ardent suggestion-makers would scatter to the winds when faced with any prospect of actual work. How many TLD sub-mods are there?

MadVader said:
It would stop the whining, that's for sure, but the most ardent suggestion-makers would scatter to the winds when faced with any prospect of actual work. How many TLD sub-mods are there?

You're right of course most people aren't to be bothered working on top of other peoples mods. They would rather make their own from scratch ironically.

No, most people don't bother working at all. They just like to pretent to be smarter than everyone with their ****ty suggestions and demands. Most modders though, we  prefer to work on our own projects, yes.

Lux said:
No, most people don't bother working at all. They just like to pretent to be smarter than everyone with their ****ty suggestions and demands. Most modders though, we  prefer to work on our own projects, yes.

I can see why, it is easier to keep track of your own changes than to become familiar with someone else's.

Back
Top Bottom