Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a quick question:

- you upgrade looks of weapons, but, who upgrades looks of armors? (robe is very low-res looking, padded leather also very low-res, plate armor mesh...)

stormrage: yes

Latinikon: I think it is being worked on, and I think I know by who, but I shan't say, if I did you would be pleased though. I think this person is only redoing textures on the existing models. I have redone models and retex'd one or two of the helmets, and messed around with the textures on some of the armors, (both the brigantine and the laminar armors are no longer pink)  but I haven't gotten serious about do that or remodeling armors.
There are plenty of mods out there that have variations on many of the older armors. You could compile them (for personal use) fairly easily. Or you could do the new models and retextures yourself. There are plenty of no cost programs, and many tutorials if you don't have the ability already.

Tried that. I wanted to remove wings from Winged great helm, even managed to do that part, just importing it ingame was a nightmare. Lack of focus and concetration you see...
Well, why not try once more my dear future deathmatch companions

It is compatible with anything that uses weapon_meshes1.brf, which is just about everything; and will not effect anything that does not.

Just necroing this thread to inform you that several meshes need to have their hard edges redone:

I'm not sure if any of the weapons in the pack have hard edges done, but the axes, scythes, and glaives are in dire need of having their hard edges redone. (as you know, the absence and/or the improper use of hard edges will result in funky shadows...)

I've already redone some of the meshes on my copy...

P.S - .lod would be nice, especially for the some of the higher poly meshes - (mace_morningstar, for example).

Edit: Another issue - the positioning on the 2h practice sword is a little too high - it looks like the player is gripping it by the crossguard.

I'm not sure what you mean by the hard edges, however, I have remodeled most, if not all, of the meshes that had problems. Right now I'm working on retexturing bows, but I don't get much time to work on fun stuff anymore (perhaps over the four day weekend starting today). .lod is probably a good idea Someone said 3dsm has an LOD feature, I'll check it out when I get a chance. I'll check out the 2h.
Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by the hard edges

What I meant was that some of the meshes seem to lack hard edges (smoothing groups), resulting in funky shadows and reflections on the meshes...

(it's most noticeable on the glaive, sickle, and most of the axes).

smoothing.jpg

On the right is the mesh without hard edges defined - note the unsightly shadows lingering in the significant areas. In game, those areas will have very funky lighting on them.

On the left is the mesh with hard edges defined - the sharpness of the blade is much more well defined, and there are no graphical glitches in game.
It won't take very long to change the smoothing group on these meshes, but since I've already corrected several of them myself, I'll just upload a patch for the SWUP lite. I've also already corrected the 2h practice sword, so don't worry about that.

Hold off until I can send you the latest files. Then you could include any new ones or any of the remade ones you think might be better ( if there are any).

Edit: Sent

Edit2:
Until Fei Dao sifts through the newer stuff and his modifications, here is what I sent to him lite v1.2

Is there a list of what weapons you have gotten changes made to.  I have the mod installed but haven't seen many noticable changes yet.  It may be that none of the one you have modded have spawned yet though. 

Which version of the mod are you using? Which changes are you referring to? native to swup, or between swup versions? You may not have the mod installed correctly, although for swuplite it is quite foolproof just drop the brf(s) into your CommonRes folder and launch.

OpenBRF has done wonders for many of my shading problems, if I ever get time to work on it I'll remake the persistent problem makers and re-release.

battle ax
sickle
glaive
voulge
scythe
poleax
hatchet
great_ax (not active)
polehammer (I'm not satisfied with it)
iron_hammer
falchion
spiked mace
heavy lance
broadsword (not active)
winged mace
trident (retexture only)
pitchfork (retexture only)
iron staff
quarterstaff
wooden staff
steel pick
scimeter and scabbard
dagger and scabbard
b bastard sword and scabbard
lance dblhead
cleaver
heavy practice sword
spear
pike
battle fork (retexture only)
mace morningstar
military fork (retexture only)
practice sword
club
peasant knife
khyber knife
war ax
fighting ax
rusty pick
joust of peace
spiked club
*and I don't remember if I included*
war bow
hunting bow and carry
long bow and carry
javelin
throwing knife
throwing dagger
francisca

If you are not seeing them, first check that they are in the correct folder , CommonRes, not Modules/mymod/Resource unless you want to modify your modules file.
Then verify that I named it correctly, weapon_meshes1.brf

Wow thanks for the list. I have spotted a few of the changes a lot of them just havent turned up yet.  I am only about 25 days in as far as game time goes.  I am also a compulsive restarter.  Thanks for all the hard work.  I like most of the changes. 

Back
Top Bottom