Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Users who are viewing this thread

I installed swup lite 1.1 then i DL and installed swuplite 1.2 and I cant tell if either one of them has made any change in the weapons.  I added them to my common res folder and it replaced the already existing files just not sure.  I looked at a quarterstaff and still looks the same.  The jousting lances still have some metal hand guard to them and the axes look nothing like the picture.  I installed the Knights mod but right now I am testing this out on Native and I cant tell if I did something wrong, any help would be great

Im wondering if there is any easy way to tell if I installed this correctly like if I should look for a certain weapon that would prove its installed. 

Also do the pictures at the merchant change to reflext the SWUP modded weapons?  Thanks again

The first and biggest change in weapons you can see with Morningstar. Now, with SWUP it looks much nicer and better...
check that one out, if you installed everything in order, you should see it instantly

Is there a picture of the morningstar as I feel like I wouldnt know it if I see it.

Also do the pictures at the merchant window also show the new changes or just when it used in battle?

The new models will show up in the merchant window. It should be very obvious especially with the staves. This is not the first complaint of this happening let me check that I  have everything set up correctly and I'll get back to you.
T

Thanks Talon although Im sure its something on my end as Im a total noob about this stuff, just didnt know if there was a way to tell like if there was a before and after photo so I can compare.

OK I removed the link, it looks like the file was removed from the repository. Here is the most recent one I have previously relesased lite v1.2

Thanks guys, this version was put out in July. I have another one that deals with some of the shading issues, but I really haven't done much lately, I'll try to get back into it.

I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood.  So basically, these are revisions to the models and not the textures.  I am assuming lower tri counts but I'll take a closer look later. 

The poly count is higher on all of the new models, and all updated weapons are retextured using the newer, higher quality native textures

Talon said:
The poly count is higher on all of the new models, and all updated weapons are retextured using the newer, higher quality native textures

So where are the new higher quality textures?

I'll take that to mean that you didn't understand that it uses the textures supplied by Mount & Blade 1.011 (most of the weapons in weapon_meshes1.brf use pre .7 textures) and therefore I did not include them in the package because if you have the game you already have the textures needed.

Talon said:
I'll take that to mean that you didn't understand that it uses the textures supplied by Mount & Blade 1.011 (most of the weapons in weapon_meshes1.brf use pre .7 textures) and therefore I did not include them in the package because if you have the game you already have the textures needed.

Thanks for the clarification.  I had no idea that 1.011 used old textures.

Thanks. Fortunately most of the old models are no longer in use in WB, and I think all of the ones that are are covered by swup. I should go back and make sure, as well as clean up or redo the ones still being used.

Back
Top Bottom