Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm working on it, but since many of the models have been updated I have two versions in mind.
The first (the one I'm actively doing, when I have time) is to update the models still in use that have been around since I started (.711 I think), using the new weapons textures. This will include most of weapon_meshes_1 as well as bows crossbows and thrown weapons.
The second would be more along the lines of how the released project currently is. New meshes and new textures for most if not all implemented weapons. Many of the current ones are quite buggy, and I'm not quite sure what the proper alpha settings are for best ingame appearance.
So, I will definitely get the first version done in relatively short order. Then reaccess the viability of the second.

I'm 1/3 -1/2 done with weapon_meshes1 retexture using more recent native textures, many with improved models. Its going pretty quickly considering I only get about 1/2 hour/day late at night. Also, better version of BRFEdit would help.
t

Edit:

done are:
hatchet, spiked club, joust of peace, scimeter, rusty pick, battle ax, fighting ax, falchion, khyber knife, steel pick, peasant knife, club, practice sword, heavy practice sword, military fork, battle fork, morningstar, pike, spear, and iron hammer, voulge, scythe, glaive, pitch fork, trident, pole ax, all staves, double lance, cleaver, dagger and scabbard, scimeter scabbard, b_bastard sword and scabbard, winged mace, sickle, spiked mace.

see next post

Here is a buggy SWUPlite. For 1.011.
This is the version that uses the newer native textures and many new models to replace the meshes used in weapon_meshes1.brf
Credit goes to stoned-dude, James, The Pope, and myself for the original modeling, and I did all the mapping, remapping, and tweaking. Contact me if you need to know who did what because it doesn't match exactly with the front page.
To install just drop into your CommonRes folder, making a backup of the original if you wish.
I have not done any testing, so please report bugs here or fix the problem and send me the OBJ.

Talon

Thanks. I hope you enjoy it.
I finally got a chance to run around in game, and from what I can tell the imperfections that glare in BRFEdit seem to be minimized in the actual game.
So I think I'm going to post this in Cartographers  Guild under a slightly different name.

if u can keep updating them, i mean there are several weapons pack where u can get some of those weapons and replace the vanilla ones with,  u know?

First off, well done to all of you, least of all Talon, for a brilliant mod. Truly, the weapons are top notch, and the axes ... *shivers* I might feel a little differently about attacking sea raiders now ! As far as I can tell, everything works fine with version 1.010, and they all look great and appear in shops. However, i've found two problems, concerning the dagger and the knife, let me show you:

mb111.jpg

mb112.jpg

mb113.jpg

As you can see, both of these weapons are held too far forwards, not so much for the knife, but for the dagger, the fingers are actually overlapping on the guard, and touching the blade. This is one way to hold a dagger, yeah, but it's more used to hold sais I believe than daggers  :razz: !

So yeah, just to point out that little problem, other than that, you've all done an absolutely wonderful job. The scimitar is so goddamn beautiful, I'm gonna equip Rolf and Baheshtur with one right away ! And the butcher's knife looks really good too, a proper bandit weapon ! And then there's the quarter staff that's brilliant, the axe's that look fearsome, the Voulge looks terrifying ! Though it looks almost more like an orcish weapon than anything from Calradia. Also, the gleam on the weapons is perfect, not too shiny, but still there, and enough to be seen, really a great touch.

All in all, it's a brilliant job, and I look forward to you all completing this, as at the mo, there are still all the 1h swords, some axes left, and a few odds and sods. Good job though guys ! Thumbs up !  :grin: :wink: :mrgreen:

I've had no troubles with this using it on 1.011, so go ahead and use it.

Thanks for the new meshes! I like them a lot :smile:. I've not seen any problems with the weapons I've used so far other than the knife, which was already mention :smile:.

Thanks guys for the feedback.  I'll fix those positioning problems as soon as I get a chance.

A fine work on the Jousting lance I say. And finally, warhammer is wielded in the right way!

Keep up the good work
Goodluck,

SWUPlite v1.1

Version 1.1 fixes dagger, peasant knife, and Khyber knife hand positions.

Edit: version 1.1 makes these hand positions worse. Sorry will fix again, and test next time.

Back
Top Bottom