So, What would Help to Restore Your Faith in TaleWorlds?

So,What would Restore Your Faith in TaleWorlds?

• A proper roadmap - flexible but also detailed

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • A weekly development update - detailing what is being worked on and how things are going

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • A community manager who isn't harder to spot than a yeti in a snow storm would help

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • They should just keeping working on 'order of battle' + 'battle terrain system' - get them out fast

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Increased honesty and openness with the community - explain some of the difficulties they've had

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • I will settle for a just few days on the TW yacht with free cocaine and supermodels

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

this forum is like a scratched vinyl record, same notables, same arguments.

Taleworlds bring out your next update already, before the council of
ad nauseum drags another topic into the eternal void.

Anyway, to get back on topic... I think the response to this poll is interesting. Basically the majority of people in the poll want more updates and just to gain a feeling of what is going on.

I think people don't mind waiting .... but want some idea of how features are progressing.

People seem to wish for better and more regular dev. updates even more than they would like to see a roadmap. (I thought the road map choice in this poll would win).

The 1.7 patchie.

People seem to wish for better and more regular dev. updates even more than they would like to see a roadmap. (I thought the road map choice in this poll would win).
Because in a sense we already have it, and judging by the way TW has worked so far, asking for a more detailed/organized roadmap wouldn't change much, unlike honest semi-regular updates on their progress.

The problem with a screenshot is that people will read all kinds of wishful thinking into it and raise their expectations above what Taleworlds can actually deliver. But again, this is caused by too little previous communication about the same feature.
So they better change their approach to showcasing upcoming features, like bringing back dev blogs that deal with work in progress and are not strictly about past patches. Also less misleading hype in these dev blogs would be great too.

A bi weekly dev blog would certainly help improve communication, and give players something to digest. The Project Zomboid devs have been publishing dev blogs for years and it's a great way to keep people engaged and informed about the many hiccups they encounter during production.

And on occasion they will not only reveal screenshots, but the occasional video as well, often showing the bugs they encounter (some are very entertaining!) but screenshots as well. But only when they feel confident such screenshots or videos will accurately display content players will receive.

And the battle terrain system is going to be a huge update, I personally would love to see some images or videos as they compete individual maps. But only when those maps are ready, because as you said, people will read all kinds of wishful thinking and raise their expectations about what can be delivered.

>What would Help to Restore Your Faith in TaleWorlds?
town micromanagement.
fix armies spam
fix ugly "butterface" character creation thing
aliances
war\peace reason. also cooldown on these things e.g. a war with the specific faction could only happen once a year, no more spam war declaration
adequate tribute system. WHY GAD DEMMAT WHY i have to pay insane amount of gold to the faction which i totally raped doggystyle?
x2 \ x3 increased rate for leveling all skills for companion. or even let them level dem skills on their own i dunno
after this list will be fully implemented it will restore my faith. yes. and i will stop talking s4it about tw on 4chan

A bi weekly dev blog would certainly help improve communication, and give players something to digest. The Project Zomboid devs have been publishing dev blogs for years and it's a great way to keep people engaged and informed about the many hiccups they encounter during production.

And on occasion they will not only reveal screenshots, but the occasional video as well, often showing the bugs they encounter (some are very entertaining!) but screenshots as well. But only when they feel confident such screenshots or videos will accurately display content players will receive.

And the battle terrain system is going to be a huge update, I personally would love to see some images or videos as they compete individual maps. But only when those maps are ready, because as you said, people will read all kinds of wishful thinking and raise their expectations about what can be delivered.

Yes, I hope that TaleWorlds will see the sense in this. It is just that after all. It's common sense.

Back
Top Bottom