[S] Medieval Europe, Closed Beta starting soon, applications please!

Users who are viewing this thread

There havent been many mods that actually portray the "vikings" as they really were. Every troop except for the top, the huscarls, should be clad in leather, linen and fur. The huscarls should have chainmail. The lower tier guys should have battered shields and spears and axes, while the huscarls should have swords and spears and high level shields. None of this gothic armor non-sense  :twisted:

Good thing then that Vikings have been changed to England. In other news, Leandrojas_ has joined the team as mapper. I'll soon upload few pictures of english units, they're all redone, not a single native unit in their armies, except lords.

Edir: Picture I promised:

Looks like this mod is coming along nicely, but make sure that you copy the "forum code" from image shack so that it comes out like this
and is easier to see without having to follow the link.

That's actually what I did, it has img and url tags in it, so that's why it's like that. But now people can see them from your message  :razz:.

Here's some information about factions:

Arabs: Good archers, good cavalry, medium infantry.
Mongols: Not significant changes to native khergits, except footman branch which is somewhat medium compared to other factions footmen.
French: Medium archers, unique scout units, good cavalry and medium infantry.
England: Best archers, good but not-so-numerous cavalry, excellent infantry.
Italy: Medium cavalry, excellent infantry and crossbowmen.
Rus: Good archers, medium cavalry, medium infantry.

Next version has looters replaced with bandit parties, which have: Cutthroats, bandits, bandit archers, brigands, ambushers and robber knights.

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
alpha? alpha generally means the mod is close to the finish line. This seems more like an exploratory beta version.

I read this and I loled, Alpha means they may or may not be close to GETTING to beta, Alpha means they are still implanting important aspects. Betas are to test for bugs and other little things, have you ever noticed on MMORPG's that they always do beta tests. After beta is usally Release. Btw Good luck to the mod, just try not to make it a lot like the 1275 mod. I would like a small version of Europe instead of all of europe, lag on the lowest Possible setting gets annoying plus you get spammed by wars and other crap.

We're looking for another historical researcher, as it seems that DamHove can't do it for sometime. Pm me if you're interested.

If luck is with us, map is ready at Friday. If so, I'll release new patch then, which will have:

-New map (towns, villages and castles renamed maybe. Depends how much I have time)
-New faction units, Mongol Assassin and French Elite for example.
-New mercenary units: Templars, mounted and dismounted. Mounted ones protect caravans.
-New bandit parties, many new bandit units: Cutthroat, bandit archer, ambusher, robber knight...
-Fixes, if I have fixed something. If there is something to fix.

Time change! Due to Leandrojas's pc reformation patch is late. I'll release it when and only when we have got a map.

But this of course means I have more time to do new thingies to mod .  :lol:

Wish you luck with your project. In the meantime, it would be nice if you could include compatibility information in your OP (which versions of Warband it works with).

It always works with latest version unless I say otherwise.

Addings to next patch:

-All kings done
-English lords changed to more English, no more Viking gear.
-Even more units, I've lost the count.

And things I mentioned earlier:

-New map (towns, villages and castles renamed maybe. Depends how much I have time)
-New faction units, Mongol Assassin and French Elite for example.
-New mercenary units: Templars, mounted and dismounted. Mounted ones protect caravans.
-New bandit parties, many new bandit units: Cutthroat, bandit archer, ambusher, robber knight...
-Fixes, if I have fixed something, if there is something to fix.

While you're waiting for major patch, which may actually take week or two, you can enjoy some screenies about beloved rulers of Europe:

Oh, I almost forgot Henry.

mb17h.jpg

Figured out how to put it non-clickable. Resizing wasn't so good, though  :razz:.

Added to next patch: New start menu icon.

And more screenies to feed your hunger!

Bandit Ambusher running away, and I was out of darts  :mad:.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My brave Arabs fighting bandit party with Cutthroats, robber knights (body on the right) and more.

See that body in the distance? My archers killed him, shooting him just behind me.

Mmm, Assassin...

Poor English fired into pieces seconds after taking this picture.

My loyal riders after victorious battle...

And my loyal riders in the battle.

There wasn't much anything in Finland at the time besides Turku/Åbo. What do you want people to do? Helsinki was just a litle village if even that.

Back
Top Bottom