[S] Medieval Europe, Closed Beta starting soon, applications please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version 0.120 is released! It includes: 21 new troops, fixed wages and other bugs, and almost all dialog mentions of Calradia/any native factions have been changed. Couldn't find traveller/minstel dialogs even with search, though.

Troops this far: Viking Sharpshooter, Viking Javelineer, Viking Raider (horseman), French Archer, French Elite Archer, French Bowman, French Scout, French Royal Knight, French Spearman, French Pikeman, Italian Horseman, Italian Cavalry, Italian Sniper, Arab Elite Mamluke, Arab Axeman, Mongol Bodyguard, Rus Elite Cavalry, Mercenary Archer, Mercenary Sharpshooter, Mercenary Master Archer, Mercenary Horse Archer.

maybe i have no fantasy but i can't see what your new map would look like. with only 6 factions covering all Europe. and you want to be historical accurate ?

i think you should send Europe through a cataclysm and make a new map of Europe where thinks are ugly and only 6 mayor factions survived the cataclysm.

that would actually be a great idea and you wouldn't stand against 1257AD

He made a relatively viable suggestion, you know. Many people who want to play a mod about real history tend to want it historically realistic. Six factions in the whole of Europe isn't really. You could simply use different names for the factions and make a calm fantasy mod.

This far.

Version 0.130 is soon uploaded to mbrepository, just use the link in the front page to download it after couple of minutes.

Version 0.16 is uploaded to MBrepository.

Latest version link can be always found at the first post.

Changes:

Fixed bow-bugs with mercenary archers and Mongol foot archers.
Camels and lot of new horses, credits to Njunja.
Few new units.
New items from OSP, credits to Njunja and Narf ( Narf's transitional armour pack and Njunja's item pack).

Things I forgot to change: Viking faction name  :lol:

just one minor thing: you're estimated timeframe was 1200-1300. Narf's transitional armors date from ca. 1350-1400. so you might change your timeframe or leave Narf's armorpack out. or you go for some sort of fantasy europe or whatever. your choice, just wanted to point out the chronological issue.

Yeah, I'm not being so historically accurate when it comes to weapons/armour. And like I earlier said, I try to get all things to same timeframe. If I don't succeed, that's not so bad thing.

This is not criticism, but after playing thy mod, I experience, that the high grade viking troops, are to easily killed, because of their lack of armour, so perhaps you should let you be inspired by the English/Irish or perhaps German/danish warrior traditions instead? If you pick the English/Irish ones, you will still be bale to maintain javeliners and good archers, and is also maches the rather poor range of cavalry. If you pick the German/Danish one, you'll cover a most of northern Europe, and you'll be able to equip the high grade soldiers with Gothic plates and stuff alike that.,

Beside what I just said, I find you mod very entertaining :smile:

If you decide to pick one of the two suggestions above, I'll be able to form a suggestion to a troop tree

High tier melee warriors for Vikings aren't developed yet, and I guess you realized that they're same as native Huscarls. Currently, I haven't got any decent armour for Vikings, so that's pretty much why I haven't made new ones. Gothic Plate would be interesting piece of armour for them, but I guess it's bit too knightish for them?

Currently most underpowered faction are indeed Vikings, but Rus and Mongols are bit underpowered too. This shouldn't affect Campaign's though, only battles.  If you could do that troop tree for me, I could see what I can do about it. And a nice armour for Vikings wouldn't be bad either, if you can do textures  :lol:.

Edit: Testing Viking unit with Gothic Armor...

unfortunatly I only do models, I don't know how to texture.. But the vikings seems a like a bit of an anacronism., at the hight of the "viking" era, most soldiers didn't even wear chainsmail..,
But im' glad to be of service! :smile:

Now I have pretty good Nord Berserker, you guys can see it when I release new version.

Attention! We're looking for mapper and texturer!

Version 0.21 is released! This version includes:

-Out of timeframe Vikings are replaced with Kingdom of England. Kingdom of England is first completely redone faction.
-New troops.
- One king changed to historical king, Harlaus is changed to Charles VI The Mad. New armour and face.

Link: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2122

Newest version can always be found at the first page's link.

Note: Renamed kings aren't staying, except King Charles. DamHove is working on them and new lords.

So, here are four helmets which I did + the teutonic armor. Hopefully you guys like em :wink:
I know that the 3rd helmets eye holes are a bit too close to each other but I have fixed it already :smile: Same goes to the t holes of one of the helmets. It has too big t holes but it has been fixed too :smile:

Irl Pics of the helmets
Crusader%20Helmet.jpg

greathelm-08-side.jpg

H1001_SpangenHelm.JPG

105068-topfhelm-kreuzritter-great-helm-crusader
Also, started working on this
1723083901a.jpg

Pics of the helmets + armor in-game.
101401660-3.jpg

101401679-3.jpg

101401685-3.jpg

101481288-3.jpg

101481290-3.jpg

101481300-3.jpg

101481315-3.jpg

101481325-3.jpg

102271487-3.jpg

102271495-3.jpg

102271534-3.jpg

102271548-3.jpg

102271556-3.jpg

102271582-3.jpg

102291651-3.jpg

102291662-3.jpg

102291682-3.jpg

102291685-3.jpg

102291697-3.jpg

102291703-3.jpg

102291710-3.jpg

102291713-3.jpg
Hopefully you liked =)

Just to keep this thread alive and healthy:

Added dismounted and mounted Templars to game. Both are mercenary units, and mounted ones (Templar Knights) are assigned to protect caravans. Each Caravan has 4-8 Templar Knights.

DamHove is having some problems with his computer, so historical research is not going further until he gets it working, or we get another researcher. We're also looking for mapper.

Yah nice screenies  :wink: Ill upload some swords. About 7 if I remember right : D Lionheart sword, lion sword, "Crusader" sword, Dane 2h sword, Templar thrusting sword, claymore sword and some other that I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom