Users who are viewing this thread

RookieR.

Sergeant
28 unique hunter mesh based horses

Hunter_Horses_1.PNG
Hunter_Horses_2.PNG
Hunter_Horses_3.PNG
Hunter_Horses_4.PNG

64 charger horses with game banners on their armor.

Chargers_Banners_1.PNG
Chargers_Banners_2.PNG
Chargers_Banners_3.PNG
Chargers_Banners_4.PNG
Chargers_Banners_5.PNG

21 chargers with banners on their armor

Chargers_Banners.PNG

23 exotic arabian horses

Arabian_Horses_Retextures.PNG
Arabian_Horses_Retextures2.PNG

21 chargers with the banners of banners_f.dds depicted on them.

Chargers_Banners_1.1.PNG
Chargers_Banners_2.1.PNG

UPDATE
Added another 21 chargers to the pack. Banners are from banners_a.dds file. Hope they're likeable. :3
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=1016 <~~ link to where they can be downloaded if interested. (chainmail on horses is normal silver/grey color, not black.)
-------------------
Major edit! I know people have been getting the error saying the Markar texture is messed up. I haven't got the programs on this PC to fix it right this minute. If you can't open the BRF file please remove the python line for markar from your M&B item_kinds1.txt so the game will stop trying to read it and let you continue to play. For those of you that CAN edit the BRF please go in, click the tex tab and click on Markar.dds now go to where it says Flag and change it to 000AA000 and the texture will not be corrupt.
I WILL fix this error and reupload the files ASAP but I'm stuck in a blizzard and don't have my laptop, sorry for the problems! Your game is not broken!
--------------------
BWAHAHA! Got my PC back. Error's fixed, files re-uploaded, thanks for telling me about the error! I'll work on the next batch of horses pronto.

--------------------

I ask because I want to try and put heraldry on the horses since the game doesn't do it by itself. I have all the tools to make new horses, and it's usually not too hard to put heraldry onto a horse, but I'm curious what type of horse to put it on. Charger would be harder but likely more realistic than the warhorse since when I put heraldry on the chainmail it looks like spray paint. Ah yes. >.>;
I could do custom ones too but I lack a place to upload them all individually. ;-; so I figured I would just ask what horse people want the banners on and throw all the main ones on them.
Thanks for the input!
(if this is in the wrong forum you'll have to spare me some flaming I can be a bit of a retard. ._. even AFTER I read all the rules 40 times.)

Edit: The first 21 are uploaded and ready to use on the repository. Hope they are fitting. And that they work for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually heraldry is used on high tier troops and their equipment,
so it would probably be best to add heraldry to Chargers and Warhorses.

I say you just go ahead with the project and show some screenshots later on  :smile:

The chargers seem to be more fun because they have so much on them but I think I get carried away too. o_O;
MBheraldicchargerone.jpg
^^^ Horseback Archer Banner

scorpioncharger.jpg
^^^ Scorpion Banner

whitebirdongreencharger-1.jpg
^^^ White bird on green banner

whiteelkcharger.jpg
^^^ White Elk/Deer Banner

Possibly one of the easier heraldry's to do at the moment and I made a lot of changes but now that all the layers are set I can change colors and whatnot easier. Little buggers only have one LOD file though so it's deeeeefinetly not a horse to be used on a mass scale.  :mrgreen:
I can only do recolors it seems. Hope the link works for everyone.
So far it's all black chainmail, but it looks more like black fabric of some sort. I can change it easy enough if it's disagreeable to the majority. (I just think it looks cool. o_O )

I love the scorpion one. Looks very awesome in that pic, and the birdie aint so bad either. But to be honest, the first horse (with the horse archer) just looks kind of sloppy.

I'd love to see some more examples, preferably in proper lighting. Maybe you could try that banner with the white angular symbol on a black background (I can't explain it any better than that... sry).

RookieR. said:
So far it's all black chainmail, but it looks more like black fabric of some sort. I can change it easy enough if it's disagreeable to the majority. (I just think it looks cool. o_O )

No, I think it looks great. Nice job.

Good idea, as well. I do agree that only the chargers and warhorses should have such decoration. How would you stick that on a saddle horse or courser anyhow, with its lack of armor?

To get it on a courser I could just take some of the armor from another horse and put it on. But the charger seem to work better. I might end up trying to do the warhorses too but the main reason I'm trying to pick only one type is because there's over 40 banners. XD
As for the white one being sloppy, yeah. I'll try changing the faceplate to silver and maybe it won't clash so much, other than that there's not too much I can do. D:

I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just that the two latter ones looked better, IMHO. Maybe I liked the scorpion banner because you left the faceplate as it was... If you're gonna be posting more, could you perhaps give some comparisons between horses whose faceplates you've coloured, and horses whose faceplates you've left metallic grey?

The scorpion one I gave a black faceplate, perhaps the gold on their face just looks tacky. XD But I'll slap together a comparison pic of the gold, normal, and black. I've turned one of them red, and another green, but I may go back and make all the faceplates black and/or silver. (dyin/coloring metals might be pushing it on my part. XD )

headplatecomparrison.jpg

Those are all the face plates that seem to vary on the horses I have so far. For the moment I try to match them with the leather, but making them all look like steel, iron, or ... uh... polished steel? Will do too.

Looks nice, I had a similar idea, but I'm wondering, does the heraldry on the horse change when you get a banner, or is each banner for a seperate horse?

RookieR. said:
headplatecomparrison.jpg

Those are all the face plates that seem to vary on the horses I have so far. For the moment I try to match them with the leather, but making them all look like steel, iron, or ... uh... polished steel? Will do too.

I think numbers 1 and 5 --> 9 are the best. And all the new pics you posted (where the horses are all outdoors) look very nice. That's icluding the one with white armour, meaning that I take back my comment about it looking sloppy.

But here's a question: when you add a banner on a horse, does the chain armour automatically change to that black fabrik-like material? Because if it's your own addition, I would like to see some horses with their normal chain.

I've heard that people have tried many, many times to make a heraldry-based horse but for some reason the game just won't allow it, so all the horses are preset with banners and you have to buy the one you want according to the banner you have. With over 40 banners to pick from it makes the shop quite an unruly mess to try and find the one that suits the banner you want. @.@ That's why I have the poll. Warhorses and Chargers seem to be fighting each other for the spotlight. XD

And the chain mail under the leather can be changed anytime to almost any color (yay for layers!) I'll make them all normal and get more screen shots.

scorpionchargernormalchain.jpg
That's the Scorpion Charger in normal chainmail, it's a pretty easy fix and most of them look fine in it, let alone more normal. XD

whitebirdongreenchargernormalchain.jpg
And that's the bird one with normal chain.

On a side note, the one's that have a banner where the background of the banner might look a bit... cruddy. I haven't decided if I should go through the trouble of making the entire horse like the banner or if it should just be confined to a square on it's butt like so:
yellowredbow.jpg
An alternative for that horse would be to make all the leather red and yellow striped.
that would be hilarious in battle actually. But me trying to draw straight lines and things... oh the horrors. o_O
I might try to do it for the sake of each horse being unique. When maybe 5-10 guys out of an entire army are going to have the horse it can't hurt. The warhorses, if I decide to pack them in another BRF won't be given as much detail and the emblem will likely be confined to a square on their haunch. Poor little warhorses might look like clones. ;-;

Edit: xample of the banner covering the whole horse would be something like this...
larse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom