RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

First I thought the same. But after a couple hundred skirmishes and many clan wars and clan scrims I can say that strategy is a big part in skirmishes. Having morale pressure is huge. There are mechanics to the flag system on skirmish which make the mode quite interesting.

Right now it is small sclae and it doesnt cater to people who are used tobattles with 400 something people, but saying that skirmish doesnt have any strategy is just wrong.

Seeing as we're already used to 1000 man battles from SP, the captain mode need to increase troop sizes significantly to match that.

So am I. I've gone back to playing Warband MP until cRPG 2 is out.

I used to hate native mp, but after struggling with Bannerlord I'm loving it.

Pretty much everyone I know has gone back to Warband/ stopped playing Bannerlord.
Why do people think crpg2 will actually be a thing? no one made anything equivalent to what DC modded, and now they have lastoasis.
mercs/persistent/horde modes maybe, but crpg2 is not gonna happen.

Pretty much everyone I know has gone back to Warband/ stopped playing Bannerlord.
Why do people think crpg2 will actually be a thing? no one made anything equivalent to what DC modded, and now they have lastoasis.
mercs/persistent/horde modes maybe, but crpg2 is not gonna happen.
Because the devs of cRPG said cRPG 2 is in the works?

This game is great needs more maps and more game modes and it would be thousands of hours of entertainment there are little things like block delay but they arent game breaking

This game is great needs more maps and more game modes and it would be thousands of hours of entertainment there are little things like block delay but they arent game breaking

Are you for real? The game is trash. It's an unbalanced frustrating mess. There is a reason games don't go the route Bannerlord is going. It's simply no fun. Their implementation of "realism" makes it that players fight more with their own character than others. They are riding on peoples hopes for warband 2. Pretty much every aspect of combat is made frustrating or broken in some way.
2h weapons - enemy attacks either going through blocks or blocks not happening at all + your own swings sometimes happen the moment you want them and sometimes character just does nothing for long enough to make enemy hit land first.
1h weapons - **** damage and getting gang banged in modes with many players, but hey at least the shield has hitbox so big it catches hits to your back.
Cavalry - yeah get knocked down and get up for 2 mins.
Thrusts and overheads very hard to land.
Thrusts delay ruining polearms in general in relation to speed of horses.
They even managed to fk up ranged weapons with bad aiming in 3rd person + fix in options menu that makes it bearable but no less awkward.
Also random stuff like cancelling weapon switch when being hit or even having to wait 2 mins after character recovers after jumping from some height.
They riddled the game with stupid unfun mechanics that I'm sure sounded great on paper. The worse thing about all this is that these are not bugs but deliberate choices. It's like when bf5 went full controversy and told people that if they don't like it they can just not play the game. Guess what happened.

It's not even all that surprising. This is what happens when you grow a monster behind closed doors for 8 years. No wonder they got detached from reality pretty badly.

Last edited:
edd7b457fafcb55b9d22af69840a3723.png

When the game is about blocking and attacking block dealy is pretty game breaking

I just checked their twitter and I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this ridicolous tweet, you lost ~90% mp players who got nothing what should stop people from leaving Bannerlord and then you posted this ? Why you didn't mention Xauna's rebuild? xd

4SRdEAL.png

I don't play TDM, but is this "Tsagaan Castle" already on the servers?

Last edited:
"See the last 10 matches from the Match History!"

Wow I wish I had 10 matches!
Wow!
Wow I wish I had Match History!
Wow!
Wow!
Sorry!
Good Fight!

I just checked their twitter and I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this ridicolous tweet, you lost ~90% mp players who got nothing what should stop people from leaving Bannerlord and then you posted this ? Why you didn't mention Xauna's rebuild? xd

4SRdEAL.png

I don't play TDM, but is this "Tsagaan Castle" already on the servers?
Funnily enough, the new map was on the beta branch for 3 weeks but no one could play it because there were no servers. They finally pushed it to the stable branch with the last patch but haven't put it on any servers because there are issues with the map. AFAIK, the map is still not on any TDM server, so I guess whoever wrote this tweet didn't know that.

Okay Guys - I am going to ask a question and it's going to come across like I'm trying to be smart, or sarcastic or a **** or something but I promise (for once) i'm not. This is a genuine honest to god actual question with no insult intended. I truly swear.

If you don't like the game why do you stay? This forum is rife with people who seem to have nothing good to say about the game - fair enough that's your opinion. But it must be clear by now that things like the class system aren't going anywhere. With that in mind why do you hang on? There are multiple other games now days in a similar vein to Mount & Blade. Mordhau (for all it's flaws) is an excellent game that I had a lot of fun with. It has a lot of customisation, no class system and a fully MP devoted update process. It's a good game and i really think it can offer what a lot of players on here are looking for. Besides as a Warband vet you will easily pickup the combat system - you will certainly have a leg up on brand new players to the game.

I really don't want you guys to take this like I'm trying to be offensive - but I just... I don't understand why you all stay around if you both hate the game and don't think its going to get better? Isn't it better for yourselves to move onto something newer and different and better for those who remain to be talking about the thing they like? Arguing about all of this does nothing for any of us.

Block Delay is absolutely game breaking, what the hell man ? It's probably the number 1 thing that turns everyone off when they say the "combat is bad"

If you don't like the game why do you stay? This forum is rife with people who seem to have nothing good to say about the game - fair enough that's your opinion.
Because I promised the 75.000 players who downloaded my multiplayer mod that I'd make another (better one) for Bannerlord.
Because I see a lot of potential in this game that isn't being realised.
Because I'm not about to turn away from something I care about when it's bad and I think I know how it could be better.
Because I've built up a community that plays this game over the past 5 years.

But it must be clear by now that things like the class system aren't going anywhere.
Because I'm not going to sit down and accept that.
Because community backlash is the only way to make developers understand their ideas are bad.

And finally:
Because I'm looking forward to making great stuff with the modding tools which are at this point the only positive thing I've heard from the developers.

Those are some of the reasons why I stick around.

Okay Guys - I am going to ask a question and it's going to come across like I'm trying to be smart, or sarcastic or a **** or something but I promise (for once) i'm not. This is a genuine honest to god actual question with no insult intended. I truly swear.

If you don't like the game why do you stay? This forum is rife with people who seem to have nothing good to say about the game - fair enough that's your opinion. But it must be clear by now that things like the class system aren't going anywhere. With that in mind why do you hang on? There are multiple other games now days in a similar vein to Mount & Blade. Mordhau (for all it's flaws) is an excellent game that I had a lot of fun with. It has a lot of customisation, no class system and a fully MP devoted update process. It's a good game and i really think it can offer what a lot of players on here are looking for. Besides as a Warband vet you will easily pickup the combat system - you will certainly have a leg up on brand new players to the game.

I really don't want you guys to take this like I'm trying to be offensive - but I just... I don't understand why you all stay around if you both hate the game and don't think its going to get better? Isn't it better for yourselves to move onto something newer and different and better for those who remain to be talking about the thing they like? Arguing about all of this does nothing for any of us.

I guess it's the hope that it turns better.
I haven't given up hope. But if you compare it to b0.8.0, (which was in February) the game has hardly changed. We got siege and two tdm maps. But the gameplay in regards to combat has harly changed at all. Atleast that's my impression.
Still if my Internet connection wopuld be working for my pc I would probably play right now.

Seriously, people need to calm de F down about the class system, the combat is the real issue. Class system can become great if they add customization to it (more choices of perks), but the combat is completely demolishing the gameplay experience.

If you don't like the game why do you stay? This forum is rife with people who seem to have nothing good to say about the game - fair enough that's your opinion. But it must be clear by now that things like the class system aren't going anywhere. With that in mind why do you hang on?

This forum is for more than just the bannerlord game, there's a lot of warband players that were anticipating Bannerlord and many of them are disgruntled. Visiting here for updates to a game most of them paid/received for free for is always OK. In some cases you could go as far as to say that they are part of this community's existence. That community I'm talking about has still not moved over because the flaws in bannerlord are too apparent. I'm hanging around to see if Taleworlds eventually changes their mind on poor ideas such as the class system and the "direction" they chose combat to go in. As I've said before it's like this: Fix combat, classes then battle and you'll have most of us on board, but at the moment not any of those stages are filled. Even just one of those steps could give a lot of leeway for warbands scene to move over.

There are multiple other games now days in a similar vein to Mount & Blade. Mordhau (for all it's flaws) is an excellent game that I had a lot of fun with. It has a lot of customisation, no class system and a fully MP devoted update process. It's a good game and i really think it can offer what a lot of players on here are looking for. Besides as a Warband vet you will easily pickup the combat system - you will certainly have a leg up on brand new players to the game.

I'm here for the combat system (warband), not really many other reasons. I like the old class system simply because it allows you to have flair, there's no flair at all in bannerlords class system. There are equipment that wasn't meta until latter in the competitive scene and it took years to find out that long awlpike drops are a staple. That's the **** I enjoy finding out, give me a hammer as an infantry and I'll use it in any scenarios it's possible. In bannerlord I can't grab a hammer without gimping myself by, for example, having a worse stats character without a shield and many other STUPID ideas that currently exist in the game.

I tried to ask a genuine question so I could have a proper discussion and try and understand the other side of this debate. Some people gave good feedback which I very much appreciate - this is just pathetic.

I have reported both of these comments.
Because the "genuine" question you asked is full of ****. I don't understand how you still don't get most of us during beta or alpha are ****ing addicted to mount and blade and are lowkey a cult following at this point.

I don't understand how we had to explain to you why we sticked giving feedback even when the game is at a bad state even after the almost one year of frustration during the beta.

You would maybe have figured out that we are lowkey addicts to this game and don't want to see it fail. This is why even in dark times, when the game is at its lowest you will see people who may hate the game still stick to it because they love mount and blade.

Back
Top Bottom