RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

hello,,, taleworld. here is how to fix the "multiplayer..." let me do,,, the multiplayer campaign with friends... you'r game is dying because you wont do this!!!!!

hello,,, taleworld. here is how to fix the "multiplayer..." let me do,,, the multiplayer campaign with friends... you'r game is dying because you wont do this!!!!!

This will not work, and they stated out many times why. The only solution i see to the given problems would be, that the second player is only allowed to take a compagnion in the battles. Nothing else. Everyting other would have to be done by the "main" player. For me this would be enough, but i doubt that many players would be fine with this solution

seriously disable multiplayer and rework it from the ground up. try to build some hype for a re-release because right now MP is flopping the hardest it could have.

seriously disable multiplayer and rework it from the ground up. try to build some hype for a re-release because right now MP is flopping the hardest it could have.
Devs were told they were making a terrible mistake even prior to the release. The varity of Mount and Blade requires modding and MP. No one sat around for 10 years prior by playing Singleplayer, and if they did it was a very small portion. A ton of people went back and forth to Singleplayer and MP, and I know a absolute ton of people that did play MP partook in clans on the base game or other mods, and dlc. It sucks man, but we can only hope.

This will not work, and they stated out many times why. The only solution i see to the given problems would be, that the second player is only allowed to take a compagnion in the battles. Nothing else. Everyting other would have to be done by the "main" player. For me this would be enough, but i doubt that many players would be fine with this solution

No, it could work with separate parties on the map as well. Just let the players participate in each other's battles by taking control of a companion or an enemy.

So you say range has to be nerfed?

That's a whole different subject and not what I was referring to.

MP as of now lacks appeal to me because it's just small fights repeating over and over, the "battles" are too small, the strategic aspect is missing and the battles have no reason or background to them. I'd be glad if we could get 1000 man battles in captain mode online but it would still be lacking compared to a campaign mode.

Newest 1.4.2 beta patch and there's almost nothing new for multiplayer, sigh....I'm starting to lose hope. While new TDM maps are nice I think most people can agree we really want custom game servers for siege and battle right now and siege servers that don't crash 99% of the time.

No, it could work with separate parties on the map as well. Just let the players participate in each other's battles by taking control of a companion or an enemy.
The issue with this is that not very many people will want to be forced to play their friend's 50th bandit grinding battle. They would also have to figure out a way to account for one player being in a non-combat scene like a town while another player is trying to move on the map. A coop campaign is feasible, but very difficult to do in a professional and non-tedious way.

The issue with this is that not very many people will want to be forced to play their friend's 50th bandit grinding battle. They would also have to figure out a way to account for one player being in a non-combat scene like a town while another player is trying to move on the map. A coop campaign is feasible, but very difficult to do in a professional and non-tedious way.

Nothing you mention here screams "it's impossible!". Non combat scenes could be disabled, just add buy workshop to town menu and the only reason for going into town would be gone. Bandit fights could be autoresolved, make looters harmless again.

Nothing you mention here screams "it's impossible!". Non combat scenes could be disabled, just add buy workshop to town menu and the only reason for going into town would be gone. Bandit fights could be autoresolved, make looters harmless again.
There’s a million things more important to focus on right now like the class system, crashes. Combat... even if a change like that was put in it would have to be way down the rosd

[...], the strategic aspect is missing and the battles have no reason or background to them. I'd be glad if we could get 1000 man battles in captain mode online but it would still be lacking compared to a campaign mode.
First I thought the same. But after a couple hundred skirmishes and many clan wars and clan scrims I can say that strategy is a big part in skirmishes. Having morale pressure is huge. There are mechanics to the flag system on skirmish which make the mode quite interesting.

Right now it is small sclae and it doesnt cater to people who are used tobattles with 400 something people, but saying that skirmish doesnt have any strategy is just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom