OSP Musket Era Animations Realistic musket animations (main post updated with latest release)

Users who are viewing this thread

I do think that you need to extend the head-twist to something that occurs earlier, or lasts slightly longer.  It seems to be too quick, and a bit robotic, if you ask me.  However, the rest of the animations and parts of animations are beautiful.

how do I apply the animations? what if the module i'm using does not have a module_animations.py file I need help please

deadeagle324 said:
how do I apply the animations? what if the module i'm using does not have a module_animations.py file I need help please

I join the question ... anyone know how to compile the animations for the Napoleonic Wars DLC?

Thanks!

I thought the instructions were pretty clear. Just read the readme.

Note: You can't use this on an existing module, due to the changes to the animations files. You have to build your own module. It's an OSP, not a mod.

Whatever happened to the bolt action animations you were talking about some time ago?  I'm curious to see what they could look like in Warband.

Artyem said:
Whatever happened to the bolt action animations you were talking about some time ago?  I'm curious to see what they could look like in Warband.

Ah, that. I don't actually have that animation anymore, but I can remake it if you need it.

RanGer_SLO said:
Artyem said:

Ah, that. I don't actually have that animation anymore, but I can remake it if you need it.

I'd love to see it at least, but you don't have to go through the hassle of remaking it if you don't want to.  Unless it's really that easy to make an animation, I've been thinking about getting into it myself, not sure what the best software to start with is though.

Artyem said:
RanGer_SLO said:
Artyem said:

I'd love to see it at least, but you don't have to go through the hassle of remaking it if you don't want to.  Unless it's really that easy to make an animation, I've been thinking about getting into it myself, not sure what the best software to start with is though.

You can download a free trial of 3ds max and start with that. And if you're a student you can get a free licence. The good thing about animating in max is it has a ****load of tutorials, and it's pretty straight forward. Download a SMD imprter/exporter, import a skeleton, set up some IK chains (dictates how joints move), and just start keying.

RanGer_SLO said:
Artyem said:
RanGer_SLO said:
Artyem said:

You can download a free trial of 3ds max and start with that. And if you're a student you can get a free licence. The good thing about animating in max is it has a ****load of tutorials, and it's pretty straight forward. Download a SMD imprter/exporter, import a skeleton, set up some IK chains (dictates how joints move), and just start keying.

Sweet, I'll look into it, thanks man.

I'm sure there's a couple of tutorials here that may help, I know there's the one that uses open source software, maybe I'll give that a shot until I can get 3ds Max.

Hey everyone.  First of all, thank you Ranger for making this. 

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble installing with Floris Mod pack.  Basically, I've added everything from Ranger's python file in the most recent download to the basic floris one.  I also made sure to enable attaching to the left hand.  I even have downloaded an OSP for muskets because the attached brown bess one never worked for me. 

Basically, I can get the muskets in game, but the animations are wonky.  Some of them, at least.  Apparently some movement animations work ok.  Otherwise my character holds crossbows/muskets in his left hand and with a raised right fist.  It's weird.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.  I have
-Imported all your animations to Skeleton in the commonres folder. 
-Made the appropriate adjustments to module_animations
-Made the change to header_items.py
-Made the changes to the module_items where I copy and pasted your item example to it.  Then updating the mesh in Morgh's tools. 
-Compiled them (although I have to click through a bunch of "No disk in drive" or some error messages.)
-Put the musket resource .brf into the resource folder, added the name to module.ini for proper loading.  Textures, too.

So the mesh and texture load, and clearly some animation changes have been successful because my character is holding it awkwardly in his left hand, but what's wrong? 

You mention lining up meshes in your readme but nothing specific on how to do that. 

OpposingFarce said:
Hey everyone.  First of all, thank you Ranger for making this. 

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble installing with Floris Mod pack.  Basically, I've added everything from Ranger's python file in the most recent download to the basic floris one.  I also made sure to enable attaching to the left hand.  I even have downloaded an OSP for muskets because the attached brown bess one never worked for me. 

Basically, I can get the muskets in game, but the animations are wonky.  Some of them, at least.  Apparently some movement animations work ok.  Otherwise my character holds crossbows/muskets in his left hand and with a raised right fist.  It's weird.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.  I have
-Imported all your animations to Skeleton in the commonres folder. 
-Made the appropriate adjustments to module_animations
-Made the change to header_items.py
-Made the changes to the module_items where I copy and pasted your item example to it.  Then updating the mesh in Morgh's tools. 
-Compiled them (although I have to click through a bunch of "No disk in drive" or some error messages.)
-Put the musket resource .brf into the resource folder, added the name to module.ini for proper loading.  Textures, too.

So the mesh and texture load, and clearly some animation changes have been successful because my character is holding it awkwardly in his left hand, but what's wrong? 

You mention lining up meshes in your readme but nothing specific on how to do that.

Line up the mesh in a 3d modeler (Wings 3D), then export to brf and import into the game.

Thank you for your quick reply, Ranger.

I'll do that ASAP.  I just did a test with a Native module, no Flrois.  I got the animations to work perfectly.  Now I just need to fix hand placement and sound, and properly make it so the animations don't replace cross bow ones.  But I saw the default musket animations in module_animations so that shouldn't be too difficult.  I just wish all this stuff was compatible with Floris. 

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20833666/Musket+Animations+Pack+v1.1.rar

it is downloaded as a web page, and there is no archives ...  :sad:

kotofey said:
DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20833666/Musket+Animations+Pack+v1.1.rar

it is downloaded as a web page, and there is no archives ...  :sad:

After spending an hour, I understand the problem. On "Game Front" illegally downloaded from some countries, Russia among them .. (I did not know this)
But "anonymizer" helped me ... :cool: :lol:

Can you still switch a musket using these animation to a melee mode and have them function like they're attached to the right hand?  Or is an item attached to the left hand restricted to special animations?

Back
Top Bottom