OSP Musket Era Animations Realistic musket animations (main post updated with latest release)

Users who are viewing this thread

nice :smile: One question When the line goes marching for melee there having the musket lowered like a spear could it be possible to have that?
and if not too much a marching animation not like the warband version but you know the proper march
Betaknight

BetaKnight said:
nice :smile: One question When the line goes marching for melee there having the musket lowered like a spear could it be possible to have that?
and if not too much a marching animation not like the warband version but you know the proper march
Betaknight

As far as animating is concerned, yes. I actually allready have that animation in (used as the stab animation). So units not advance in a pike like formation when they're close to the enemy. About the marching animation, yeah it can be done. I might do it after I finish up these animations.

But you'd need to code some sort of marching order so that the troops don't just charge out of formation. Also a stamina system would be nice to go along with it.

Also why it's taking so long to do these animations? Because I have to make sure thy can be used by both the left hand item and the right hand item, which means, adjusting one of the hands in EACH frame of EVERY animation  :mad: .

BetaKnight said:
Cool :grin: Show me vids or it never happened :grin:

No video yet. How about a picture?
mb_warband2012-06-0810-57-24-34.png

Also, the charging rider:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYS6ahfYiM

Musket animation is great! In addition I really like that charging rider animation :grin: Are you going to share them? I'd like to use that charging rider animation in Native  :roll:

Thank you for the kind words.

The rider charge animation can be downloaded here:

EDIT: new file
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21827148/rider_charge.SMD

For simple installation just put it in skeletons.brf

And this is the code I use in module_animations.py:
Code:
   ["lancer_ride_4_no_shield",  acf_enforce_lowerbody |  acf_rot_vertical_sword, amf_rider_rot_couched_lance|amf_priority_ride|amf_play,
   [2.0, "rider_charge", 0, 99, arf_cyclic],

You don't have to replace this particular animation, but don't change the time and frame setting, and don't use acf_synch_with_horse otherwise your character will look like he's on speed.

Seek n Destroy said:
Great, thank you!
I see that this one works without the shield, is it possible to use it with the shield by replacing lancer_ride_4 too? Or the animation will be messed up?

I don't know. Try it out :grin:

It should work. The shield might clip through the horse though. Just test it out and post some picture if you can, please. If it doesn't look right I'll make one for the shield.

I guess I'm doing it wrong, added it multiple times but it isn't working... Here is what I did, sorry for messing it but anims is not my field of expertize  :???:
Code:
 ["lancer_ride_4",  acf_enforce_lowerbody |  acf_rot_vertical_sword, amf_rider_rot_couched_lance|amf_priority_ride|amf_play,
 ],
["lancer_ride_4_no_shield",  acf_enforce_lowerbody |  acf_rot_vertical_sword, amf_rider_rot_couched_lance|amf_priority_ride|amf_play,
 ],
I added the code, replacing the old one.

Then I tried the following ways:
-> Adding the anim into a  copy skeletons.brf in my mod, modify the line in the module.ini to load it #Fail
-> Adding the anim into his own brf # Fail
-> Adding the anim into anim_lancer replacing the old lancer anims # Fail

In each ways I referred the resource in the module.ini, I added it to the brfs using:
import -> skeletal animation

Seek n Destroy said:
I guess I'm doing it wrong, added it multiple times but it isn't working... Here is what I did, sorry for messing it but anims is not my field of expertize  :???:
Code:
 ["lancer_ride_4",  acf_enforce_lowerbody |  acf_rot_vertical_sword, amf_rider_rot_couched_lance|amf_priority_ride|amf_play,
 ],
 ],
I added the code, replacing the old one.

Then I tried the following ways:
-> Adding the anim into a  copy skeletons.brf in my mod, modify the line in the module.ini to load it #Fail
-> Adding the anim into his own brf # Fail
-> Adding the anim into anim_lancer replacing the old lancer anims # Fail

In each ways I referred the resource in the module.ini, I added it to the brfs using:
import -> skeletal animation

You don't have to modify the module.ini. Skeletons.brf is a native brf.

Anyway, I forgot to mention, you need to assign itp_couchable to the weapon you want to use. Like this:

Code:
["sabre_1", "Nomad Sabre", [("khergit_sword_b",0),("khergit_sword_b_scabbard", ixmesh_carry)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_couchable|itp_merchandise|itp_primary, itc_scimitar|itcf_carry_sword_left_hip|itcf_show_holster_when_drawn,
 105 , weight(1.25)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(100) | weapon_length(97)|swing_damage(29 , cut),imodbits_sword_high ],

Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of the module system could make a script that calls for this animation by a press of a key without having to add itp_couchable to your items. I'm just an animator :grin:.

Seek n Destroy said:
That explains everything, I need to modify it because it is for a mod aimed to be distributed you know  :smile:
I should have noticed it was for couched weapons, thank you.
If you modify it in this way, do note that the animation will apply for all couched weapons and override the couched lance animation. Not sure if that's a problem.

Testing a couple possible alternative codes to use it with not couched weapons and see if any give good results.

Thanks much for the animation!

Yes that is what I'm trying to do, just some minor questions that may be useful to other people:
For example:
["ride_3", acf_enforce_lowerbody | acf_synch_with_horse, amf_client_prediction,
  [0.6, "anim_human_02", 100, 116, arf_cyclic],
in red -> Frames of the animation
in blue -> Animation
arf_cyclic -> The aimation repeats itself
acf_enforce_lowerbody -> Lower body don't move while the animation work
acf_synch_with_horse -> Animation synchronizes with the horse

but what do these mean :
amf_client_prediction

# Edit, almost there, the only problem is that the player clips down the horse. I must find the way to prevent it

Caba`drin said:
Seek n Destroy said:
That explains everything, I need to modify it because it is for a mod aimed to be distributed you know  :smile:
I should have noticed it was for couched weapons, thank you.
If you modify it in this way, do note that the animation will apply for all couched weapons and override the couched lance animation. Not sure if that's a problem.

Testing a couple possible alternative codes to use it with not couched weapons and see if any give good results.

Thanks much for the animation!

^^ this

and, you're welcome :smile:

Seek n Destroy said:
Yes that is what I'm trying to do, just some minor questions that may be useful to other people:
For example:
["ride_3", acf_enforce_lowerbody | acf_synch_with_horse, amf_client_prediction,
  [0.6, "anim_human_02", 100, 116, arf_cyclic],
in red -> Frames of the animation
in blue -> Animation
arf_cyclic -> The aimation repeats itself
acf_enforce_lowerbody -> Lower body don't move while the animation work
acf_synch_with_horse -> Animation synchronizes with the horse

but what do these mean :
amf_client_prediction

I think amf_client_prediction Allows you to aim while the animation is running.
Also acf_enforce_lowerbody should not be used with this animation, because I've animated the legs and hips.

Is the Z-axis positioned correctly in the file you uploaded?
The human agents are dropped down into the middle of the horse. The X-axis might be a little too far forward, too (can't quite tell given the middle of the horse thing).

Caba`drin said:
Is the Z-axis positioned correctly in the file you uploaded?
The human agents are dropped down into the middle of the horse. The X-axis might be a little too far forward, too.

This one gave me quite a hassle, but I've figured it out. For some reason that only the great powers of the universe know frame 0 is to blame here. There are some bugs associated with starting your animations on frame 0. So now I've edited the first frame, it should work as intended (fingers crossed).

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21827148/rider_charge.SMD

To any future animators out there, learn from my mistakes. Leave 10 innactive frames at the start of each animation  :???: .

EDIT: I have no idea how it even worked in my game. Strange.

Back
Top Bottom