OSP Musket Era Animations Realistic musket animations (main post updated with latest release)

Users who are viewing this thread

Can someone please explain to me how to apply this to my mod? I have all of the animation .brfs in my Resource folder. I copied what was in the module_animations.py and pasted it into my module system's module_animations.py. Still, when I load a campaign game and try firing one of Llew's OSP muskets, the animation still looks like the pistol animation. I know I'm a noob at modding, but an informative reply would be nice. Thanks in advance.

jackx said:
I like it.

As for foot/leg movement, firing stance would be left foot forward obviously, from that it's to feet parallel for the handling of the cartridge and priming, and then a slight (or more pronounced) turn to the left when charging and ramming the barrel, then back to parallel for shouldering arms and making ready... some drills might even incorporate a fully side-on stance for the loading of the barrel, i.e. right foot forward all the way, in an opposite of the shooting stance.
All this is assuming a fairly standard 18th century flintlock in military use...

What'd be really neat would be an alternative "light infantry/hunting" reload animation (also usable for rifles), in which the barrel is loaded first, and then the pan is primed with separate priming powder...

I have an idea for the rifle reload. It involves the soldier putting the rifle between his legs to hold it steady when ramming the ball down the barrel. I don't know if it's historically accurate though.

Nymphetamîne said:
Can someone please explain to me how to apply this to my mod? I have all of the animation .brfs in my Resource folder. I copied what was in the module_animations.py and pasted it into my module system's module_animations.py. Still, when I load a campaign game and try firing one of Llew's OSP muskets, the animation still looks like the pistol animation. I know I'm a noob at modding, but an informative reply would be nice. Thanks in advance.

If you used my module_animations.py then change your musket to itp_crossbow. Also you need to edit the mesh of the musket (instructions in the readme).

First off i'd like to say im absolutely amazed with the new musket animation and i'd love to see it be implemented into the major musket mods but there is one thing that is bugging me, you've got nearly everything correct except one thing.

When the powder is being poured into the pan the musket is held parallel to the soldiers right side with the barrel facing in front of the soldier, in the animation the barrel is facing to the left which is historically incorrect(imagine loading a musket with your animation, you might accidentally kill the person next to you due to a misfire).

I've found a video that might help you with the animation:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NITdCbn5cHA

Of course you don't need to listen to me, after all this is your animation and not mine, im merely suggesting that the loading sequence be slightly corrected, sorry if this enrages you.

Just wanted to point out (I don't know if this only happens to me) that when you activate first person, you see that the barrel of the weapon is not aligned with the crosshairs. It's curved to the left. Don't think this is a personal problem, since my mesh was perfectly aligned with the Brown Bess'.

TrinityArse said:
Just wanted to point out (I don't know if this only happens to me) that when you activate first person, you see that the barrel of the weapon is not aligned with the crosshairs. It's curved to the left. Don't think this is a personal problem, since my mesh was perfectly aligned with the Brown Bess'.
Aye, it was like that for me aswell. I simply adjusted the animation slightly.

Volkonski said:
First off i'd like to say im absolutely amazed with the new musket animation and i'd love to see it be implemented into the major musket mods but there is one thing that is bugging me, you've got nearly everything correct except one thing.

When the powder is being poured into the pan the musket is held parallel to the soldiers right side with the barrel facing in front of the soldier, in the animation the barrel is facing to the left which is historically incorrect(imagine loading a musket with your animation, you might accidentally kill the person next to you due to a misfire).

I've found a video that might help you with the animation:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NITdCbn5cHA

Of course you don't need to listen to me, after all this is your animation and not mine, im merely suggesting that the loading sequence be slightly corrected, sorry if this enrages you.

Thank you. I'll make a new musket animation, one more in line with the video you've showed me (but the musket won't touch the ground). I'll also make it for 3 different musket lengths, so that there won't be any clipping.

TrinityArse said:

Ah yeah I've noticed it too. I'll fix the aim and fire animation. Shouldn't be too hard.

Heya,

These are amazing. I'm from the 1776 Mod group and I've been testing these. I wanted to say I was quite impressed. We're quite thankful for the work.

<3

Michelle

Triggers, youtube, youtube downloader / youtube to mp3 converter, and simple codes. Hooray! You can do it yourself. Lol

Really though, download OSP packs like AOFI (Shredzorz) or go to youtube and download musket firing sounds, they work just fine....

Wooow this would go well with the aigle mod i just saw
Ofcourse mount and musket would come out well with the mod acutally all the musket mod  :cool:

Cheers!!!

dont want to be a party pooper or something like that.. but will there come more stuff from you?

I tested the animations. First of all, attaching rifle to the left hand is a great idea. The whole animation is awesome. As TrinityArse mentioned, the only missing part is the first person look, the rifle is looking to the left. If you just fix it, the animation will be complete. Because it disturbs the eye.

After I see this awesome musket animation, I am also curious about your bolt action rifle one.

It depends from the person rly. For example I can't imagine how could I shoot with left hand supporting the barrel.

I was wondering, it's possible to draw additional meshes during animation? For example, ball and powder held in hand, seeing them poured in barrel, a ramrod to push it down and seeing lock position changed?

John Xenir said:
It depends from the person rly. For example I can't imagine how could I shoot with left hand supporting the barrel.

I was wondering, it's possible to draw additional meshes during animation? For example, ball and powder held in hand, seeing them poured in barrel, a ramrod to push it down and seeing lock position changed?

THat would be AWESOME

John Xenir said:

Yes, it's quite possible with vertex animation, although I must admit I have little knowledge in that area. The principle is the same as you see with the crossbow (take the bolt in your hand and put it in the crossbow).

Also some of you might be wondering why I haven't been posting any new updates. The reason is my motherboard got fried about 2 months ago. It worked great for 9 years but I guess it was just time to retire :grin:. So right now I don't have a computer to work on or even access my animations. I've built myself a new computer on line but it's taking forever to get the parts I need shipped in my country. I should have it home in the next week. The other thing is I am also going to the army for 3 months, starting next week, so I will only be able to use the PC on weekends, so it's gonna take a while to get anything done.

But don't worry, there will be more animations to come. I have to remake the reload animation anyway.

Wow, almost forgot about this page.

UlfrTheMighty said:
Great work Ranger <3  :mrgreen:

Heh, thanks :grin:

Anyway, got the new pack almost ready. Need to do the parry animations, edit a few od the older ones and test it. It's a much better improvement over the last one. Far more fluid and realistic + added new melee animations (4 directional) for the musket, including hitting with the butt of the musket.

Mate you do a cav normal cav not lancers but swordmen..
anyway you make me a cav charge animation where the hand is stretched out with the sword point to the front and an animation where the cav runs with the right movement when holding a sword.
If you do that i would love you :grin:

BetaKnight said:
anyway you make me a cav charge animation where the hand is stretched out with the sword point to the front and an animation where the cav runs with the right movement when holding a sword.

He already has....

Bravo2255 said:
BetaKnight said:

He already has....
Nope from what ive seen pure musket animation

Back
Top Bottom