RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

A couple of Kopis swords for the Etruscans:
etruscan_kopis.png
They're based in 3rd century B.C. museum pieces from Aléria in Corsica (Alalia in the mod) where the Etruscans inhabited for some time (if I recall correctly they captured it from the Greeks which in their turn had it conquered from the native tribes of the island) and left us with some interesting pieces. The hilts are based on Hellenistic ones since the museum pieces had them rather damaged and possibly they were made with perishable materials such as wood. Model by Gothic Knight and Rgcotl.

Those are beautiful! I've noticed that Falcatas and Kopises are quite similar in terms of their appearance (although that depends on the type of kopis/falcata I'd imagine).

They are easy to confound, the kopis tends to be longer and more fitting to cavalry use while the falcata is most of the time shorter and very fitting for close quarter combat not unlike the Nepalese kukri with a longer blade and differently shaped hilt, some blades can be quite alike. I can't really make an absolutely right generalisation of those swords since there are a large amount of pieces in different shape and lenghts.

Just gonna say it here: Congratulations on the music add-on. From what I've heard a lot of the tracks are really beautiful and evocative.

A small WIP preview(or prehear as I would call it.. hihi.. You know since you cant see what it is.. But only hear it... I am being silly..) of the Etruscan Theme, progress was stopped a week ago since I went on a school trip to Budapest(but positive about the trip is I bought a shakuhachi! yay! Which will not be used for RaW dont worry) so I will hopefully continue working on it tomorrow.

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/etruscan-glory/s-pyxVr

Theretor said:
A small WIP preview(or prehear as I would call it.. hihi.. You know since you cant see what it is.. But only hear it... I am being silly..) of the Etruscan Theme, progress was stopped a week ago since I went on a school trip to Budapest(but positive about the trip is I bought a shakuhachi! yay! Which will not be used for RaW dont worry) so I will hopefully continue working on it tomorrow.

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/etruscan-glory/s-pyxVr

That's quoite nice, suiting to the Etruscans Rasenna. Well done on that. Should be good to hear in game when playing as them.

The main theme for Rasenna (Etruscans) is finished! :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/tommy-iberg/the-redemption-of-glory
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rome-at-war2/videos/the-redemption-of-glory#imagebox

Enjoy good folk!

I'd really like to see more Kopis and Xiphos designs. There isn't enough. There also aren't scabbards for many swords. Some sarissae and other pole arms do not appear on the backs of NPCs when not in use.

Dan11311 said:
I'd really like to see more Kopis and Xiphos designs. There isn't enough. There also aren't scabbards for many swords. Some sarissae and other pole arms do not appear on the backs of NPCs when not in use.

Thank you for pointing out things we already knew.

That was to improve framerate a bit in siege battles in which npcs use swords rather than spears for close quarters.
There's 3 handle and 3 blade designs for the Hellenistic faction which amounts to 9 kopis variants, 2 blades and 3 handle designs will be added to the etruscans for an amount of 6 new kopis swords and there are currently 4 types of kopis swords. I'd rather see some new spear designs for the Hellenistic and Italian factions in the near future.

Dan11311 said:

Yea, I need to work on that. Should be some more scabbards in the future.

KickingJoub said:
Dan11311 said:

Thank you for pointing out things we already knew.

I'm merely stating that it looks weird when pole arms do not appear on the unit. Sometimes modders miss things like making sure scabbards are in-game. I didn't read the whole forum to see if it was mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom