RaW:Previews+News

Users who are viewing this thread

I imagine it'll be quite long  :smile: . Any ETA on the other links arriving? I would download from Drive, but I've never downloaded anything (well besides some basic things) from there before.

Main link is usually Moddb but it takes more time to validate than to upload (unless you're lucky), least when it's Rg to upload it, my internet is rather weak, took me 2 hours to upload.

Edit: Moddb says 5 hours with Rg's internet, so...

Well let's get started since it will take some time to upload elsewhere and I wouldn't want to lie about a release date when I bother setting one.

RaW 2.5 release Google Drive download link

Code:
                               Rome at War 2.5 Changelog
# Multiplayer
New Faction:
- Rasenna (Etruscans)
Animation/mechanics Changes:
- New run and idle animations
- Added some taunt animations
- New shield animation
- Tweaked attack animations
Coding:
- All factions equipments revised
- All item stats and prices revised

# Singleplayer
New Faction:
- Rasenna (Etruscans)
Troop changes:
- Almost all of the mod's troops received new equipment and some tweaks
- Dozens of new units
- New town walkers (Repressed medieval peasants removed)
Misc:
- Slightly randomized equipment on start
- Fixed some AoR troops not showing up
- Dozens of small fixes and tweaks
- Almost all medieval scenes removed in favor of generic scenes. 
- Revised army and recruitment compositions
- Some units can be upgraded via barracks in a town/castle of your faction
- Some bugs removed
- New items for all factions
- New bugs and glitches for you to find

There's a bunch of things I might have forgotten, it's been a year...

Please don't  :lol:

I'd really like to finish a campaign for once, I've just got as far as Macedon conquering the Greeks, Epirus and Magna Graecia and started to chew on Samnite territory, Samnites which allied with the Celts and got rid of the Romans. It ended up in a take and lose territory fight with the combined forces of Syracuse, the Samnites and Celts. Might do better this time.

Optional files will be uploaded later, I want to check if everything is stable before making any changes.

My overall progress was as Gallia, we conquered Rome's territories, then took of a chunk of the Samnite's ground. Syracuse started fighting with us, and we stole some of their ground. Come to think of it, we didn't conquer too much, but at the end of the day, I led the sack of Rome. That makes me feel happy enough.

My best was leading an epirote invasion of Greek Italy. Managed to defeat the Megale Hellas and take some Samnite cities and castles. We got into a war with Rome, but didn't conquer much. Now I think I'll have a Greek play through.
P.S TW forums can be horrible to traverse with a phone.

My best was with Rome, we conquered all the Samnite's territories except Malventum :twisted: and we crush Megale Hellas (no More :lol:), actually Rome is at war with Gallia, Syracuse and again, after a peace treaty, with the weaker Samnites 

Two retextured Kopis blades by me.
boGxEz4.png

Gothic Knight said:
Two retextured Kopis blades by me.
boGxEz4.png

wonderful  :shock:

I was wondering if Joub's UI it's compatible with 2.5 version and the music pack in the addons too  :grin:

Are there any other Celtic helmets from this era that Rgcotl hasn't made? Just seems like helmets get repeated a lot for the Gauls.

I think it's pretty much it for our era, from what we had researched I doubt there is much more to it in the French and northern Italy tribes. Currently about 10 helmet types and ~30 variations, I don't think there is much incentive on making ceremonial helmets such as the Agris helmet and such as they are not fit for battle so at best we'd have some more variants of the current helmets (cheek pieces, plumes, crests, etc...), the only thing which could be added as a new addition would be torques or is it torc in English?
All you really need is a sword/spear and a pair of pants*

*pants optional though keep in mind flashing your genitals at Romans didn't work well at Telamon.

@Dogh,
I'm not sure if I should bother doing it now or save it for after a patch, if balance is too unbearable I'll focus on patching the mod asap. We'll have to discuss with the peeps and the team about it, if we should hurry it up or take our time and add some more things to it. I pretty much made a break to start a campaign which resulted in me losing my fiefs to everything that is anywhere near Italy while Rgcotl and Gothic kept doing stuff for the mod, I only paid some attention to what people reported like Fantu about the resources and Unix system compatibilities, singleplayer bugs and balance discussions so I didn't think it was the moment to start making optional files except putting back the Native run and idle anims which was a matter of commenting in and out some code lines. 

All you really need is a sword/spear and a pair of pants*
That sounds like the perfect description for this mod's manhunters.
Wouldn't there at least be a shield as well if I want to be a good almost berserker like Celt? (which is what I assumed you were describing, but I think you missed the limed up hair).

or is it torc in English?

Aye it is AFAIK.

*pants optional though keep in mind flashing your genitals at Romans didn't work well at Telamon

At least I'll die knowing I've traumatised a  couple of poor Roman hastati.

Back
Top Bottom