zk_wT.jpg
viczy.jpg
8bJoJ.jpg
Cq_wB.jpg
plCd7.jpg
x3l09.jpg
PUzoE.jpg
Yz4Gi.jpg

That looks really good, a good improvement over the current one (which is an improvement over the medieval ones). I feel like the stone bridge looks to bright for the rest of the scene. Perhaps, if possible, you could texture it to look more like the Murus Gallicus stone texture.

hard to say
recently we got some new scene props and i guess SND want to update few scenes

and adding new context probably will mean that release will not work with savegame
so at the moment it seems there isnt a good idea to hurry up with new release

Seek n Destroy said:
New (wip) scene for Ravenna:
zk_wT.jpg
viczy.jpg
8bJoJ.jpg
Cq_wB.jpg
plCd7.jpg
x3l09.jpg
PUzoE.jpg
Yz4Gi.jpg
You mean scenes like this? Anyway, so if you've added some content which as you said prevents save-game compatibility, does that mean you might as well add a lot more before another release  :fruity:

well hard to say
at the moment i am working on few things
started with Gastrophetes
and celtic pants
after celtic pants i will need to move celtic scabbard holing belt system and affter that on light and middle armors

new book about south italians showed us that samnites should be updated to
but finnaly we will be able to do things even more correctly than we were able before

rgcotl said:
well hard to say
at the moment i am working on few things
started with Gastrophetes
and celtic pants
after celtic pants i will need to move celtic scabbard holing belt system and affter that on light and middle armors

but finnaly we will be able to do things even more correctly than we were able before

Gastraphetes will be fun, but I'm surprised they fit into the period. Celtic pants is great, I need that to go along with my torc. Ah, good, as nice as having your scabbard on the right is, having your sword pierce your thigh (and trousers) is a bit strange. Of course Celtic light and middle armours will be nice to see.
Sounds like a good batch you've got there.

rgcotl said:

I take an especial interest in this culture, so that's interesting to hear. What is the title and author if this book, if you don't mind?

"South Italic Miliary Equipment / Cultural and Military significance of the South Italic Warrior's Panoply from the 5th to the 3rd Centuries B.C. by Michael Burns" for a bit of everything except helmets which he recommends the book we had previously, "The Bronze Italian Helmet by John Miles Paddock".
Already read some 50 pages of it and it's pretty interesting.

Seek n Destroy said:
"South Italic Miliary Equipment / Cultural and Military significance of the South Italic Warrior's Panoply from the 5th to the 3rd Centuries B.C. by Michael Burns" for a bit of everything except helmets which he recommends the book we had previously, "The Bronze Italian Helmet by John Miles Paddock".
Already read some 50 pages of it and it's pretty interesting.

Them historical shield patterns, though!

Fabulous. Thank you for the tip. The latter seems especially detailed and exhaustive of its topic in terms of depicted references, probably in part due to the fact of the sheer number of intact finds. I dig those greaves from Burns' paper, and correct description of side plates (*cough* RTW2, *cough*).

here were the previos info i had on the end of the days when i worked on samnite armors
http://mefra.revues.org/870?lang=en

here is to quite a lot of detailed pictures
but it is not in english

and we knew at the first day we seen rome2 failure on the samnite armor

It's not that bad considering some of their other games but it's really superficial and one year in and there is still the same badly put together kardiophylax where they used as pauldrons the plate attachment that went under the arm to link the armor pieces, this:

flat_muscle_bronze_armplates_01_screens_01.jpg

It bothers me way more than it should. In general the quality is quite nice but it's the accumulation of weird design choices and mistakes that turns me down, special thanks to Rgcotl for pointing a whole bunch of them that now can't be unseen  :lol:

There's also this website with both Italian and English versions although the former is more complete unless they finished the translation: http://www.sanniti.info/

Yeah really, and those buckles are... what were they thinking? Just awful. The examples from the ground are actually pretty evident how they fit to the side with holes for attachments to curaiss. Makes you wonder who put together those incorrectly displayed on some museums. The janitors?  :lol:

I read most of the book posted and it stated that a good part of the recovered armors had the attachment missing which led to the theory that there could have been some made out of perishable materials such as leather or that they weren't that important for a burial.

I bet the modeler based it on this piece:
0ea12c9ef72ea4c56ffd1915317f2085.jpg

Which clearly has part of the attachments missing, yet the hook was completely ignored and he put it on top of the shoulders instead of under the arms and filled the gaps.

Mind-boggling... Anyway, thanks for indulging, I'm sure there is something for everyone who interests into background of the work that goes on and what motivates certain decisions. On a more personal note, I have a high amount of gratitude for this living work of yours. It serves to me (and probably others, too) as sort of redemption to the destruction of history and authenticity in gaming, and that constant rape of previously revered franchises.

Back
Top Bottom