[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

I wish to make my game a bit more challenging by not recruiting lords through capture method. Just through persuasion. But i would accept only upstanding, good-natured and martial lords. Is it possible to get these types of lords through persuasion? They always seem to say "Long live the King!" even though their kingdom is nearly destroyed and they have been fiefless for ages

I wish to make my game a bit more challenging by not recruiting lords through capture method. Just through persuasion. But i would accept only upstanding, good-natured and martial lords. Is it possible to get these types of lords through persuasion? They always seem to say "Long live the King!" even though their kingdom is nearly destroyed and they have been fiefless for ages
No, not really. You might succeed under some rare circumstances, but I don't suggest to rely on it.

I have several questions about Pendor's lore, but considering that they'll most likely go unanswered, I'll post them here instead of creating a separate post about these.

Will we ever get the chance to know more about Noldor's Lost Island ? Was it invaded by Heretics or did it get destroyed in the War of The Titans ?

How did Astrea become a goddess ? Wasn't she an elf living in a fortress with a Dragon named Qualis ? What happened to her father and brother ? Who is the Oracle ?

Where is Madigan ? Assuming that the Hermit in the Hidden mines of Al-Aziz is actually Al-Aziz himself, could it be that Al-Aziz is actually Madigan ?

Thinking that Mettenheim produces the best metal around, could it be that there were dwarves in their island before them ? But those dwarves died in the war of the titans ?

Is the Amala Expedition thing completely cancelled ? I asked this previously but no one answered it. (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/prophesy-of-pendor-4-0-developer-notes.161489/)

Thanks in advance.

Hi, all! CKO question that's probably been asked somewhere, but I can't find it.

Let's say I create my CKO while a vassal of Ravenstern. That sets my CKO to upgrade from Ravenstern Knights, etc..

If I later break away and form my own faction, and select the Pendorian culture, does my CKO automatically update to upgrade from Pendor Knights, or is it stuck as Ravenstern Knights?

Thanks!

Hi, all! CKO question that's probably been asked somewhere, but I can't find it.

Let's say I create my CKO while a vassal of Ravenstern. That sets my CKO to upgrade from Ravenstern Knights, etc..

If I later break away and form my own faction, and select the Pendorian culture, does my CKO automatically update to upgrade from Pendor Knights, or is it stuck as Ravenstern Knights?

Thanks!

They switch to your culture.

Wait, was it changed so that every companion starts with 1000 renown when made lord? Leadership still increases their party size, right?

Playing 3.9.4 btw.

Last edited:
It's really hard to defeat the bandits infesting villages now they're reinforced with like 10 Blackheart Knights(some of the most powerful units in the game). Is there a way to change them from Blackheart Knights to Squires or reduce their numbers?

Good day. I've been playing as a vassal of the Empire, and raised my relations with lords pretty much (from 20 to 50 occasionally). One moment, I decided to take my fiefs and go my own way. To raise my powers, I've tried to capture and summon friendly lord, but there was no such an option. When it suppose to happen, right after battle or in "Party" menu? When lord is already imprisoned? Both methods did not work for me... Big army (250 men vs his 80), high right to rule, enough fiefs...
What I did wrong?
P.S. And speaking to them peacefully gives no result too.. Can I do something at all?

It's really hard to defeat the bandits infesting villages now they're reinforced with like 10 Blackheart Knights(some of the most powerful units in the game). Is there a way to change them from Blackheart Knights to Squires or reduce their numbers?
I wrote down your request for a tweak, but if that few Rogue Blackheart Knights are causing you problems, then you are doing something wrong. You are not doing your job on taking them down asap, or your party is too little (<50), or it consists of too weak troops. I suggest to hire only mercenaries from taverns (ranged too!) and companions in the beginning, don't bother with training recruits and peasants. And don't take those fights right at the beginning of the game, get a bit stronger before. So in short, those village encounters are no longer your puny Native ones where you jump in alone at lvl 1 and utterly destroy those bandits. You gotta come more prepared for a reliable success.

Good day. I've been playing as a vassal of the Empire, and raised my relations with lords pretty much (from 20 to 50 occasionally). One moment, I decided to take my fiefs and go my own way. To raise my powers, I've tried to capture and summon friendly lord, but there was no such an option. When it suppose to happen, right after battle or in "Party" menu? When lord is already imprisoned? Both methods did not work for me... Big army (250 men vs his 80), high right to rule, enough fiefs...
What I did wrong?
P.S. And speaking to them peacefully gives no result too.. Can I do something at all?
You'd need to bring the respective kingdoms where your friends are to the brink of destruction. Or to actually destroy it to be fair. Only then those with 'goodnatured', 'upstanding' and 'martial' personalities will start considering to join you. But still not all of them. The most important factor is their relation with their king, then comes the relation with you as 2nd. Usually the mentioned kind of lords will remain loyal to their king due to that their relations hardly decrease with him. In fact, 'upstanding' and 'good-natured' personalities can remain content while being fiefless. And when they switch sides on their own, they do that randomly, so the relations between you and them is not taken into account. So until the first kingdom is destroyed, you can mostly rely on 'cunning', 'pitiless', 'sadistic' and 'bad-tempered' personalities, as well on companion-vassals and your trusty mercenary company.

Trying to convince lords in general to join you when the conditions are met (they are disgruntled with their king) is still the most effective when you do it while they are your prisoners. As such, the biggest window of opportunity for recruitment comes when you conquer the last 2 walled fiefs and you keep the majority of the captured lords from there as prisoner in your party or prison tower until their faction gets destroyed (keeping lords prisoner for longer periods of time is not possible). Lastly, when 'good-natured', 'updstanding' and 'martial' lords join other kingdoms, that's when you can reliably start to convince them to join you when captured as prisoner. Simply because they won't start at high relations with their new king.

Last edited:
I moved this question from the thread I had created for it.

I recently started my own kingdom at Shieldstorm Keep due to its location near the Noldor. Since then, I have taken both Ethos and Laria in subsequent wars. I was wondering, what would people suggest as a good capital for this new country? In a prior version I tried to base myself out of Cez, but that was pretty difficult with the extremely large Snake Cult armies that would spawn nearby.

I know Laria is good due to its proximity to the Noldor, but I was also considering Ethos and Sarleon due to their somewhat central locations on the map.

I recently started my own kingdom at Shieldstorm Keep due to its location near the Noldor. Since then, I have taken both Ethos and Laria in subsequent wars. I was wondering, what would people suggest as a good capital for this new country? In a prior version I tried to base myself out of Cez, but that was pretty difficult with the extremely large Snake Cult armies that would spawn nearby.

I know Laria is good due to its proximity to the Noldor, but I was also considering Ethos and Sarleon due to their somewhat central locations on the map.
I like Ethos myself for its location and all its villages, and the KO I joined is there too. But Sarleon is great when you control more of the map.

I'd say choose Laria if you don't feel safe yet but you are friends with the Noldor. Then later move your court to Sarleon. For 3 main reasons:
- The easiest tournaments while feasting. Easy tournament: easy money and renown
- Singal with a static slave trader (Ramun) is close by through the mountain pass. Especially useful if you are calling for a feast and your lords deposit a lot of prisoners upon their arrival. A couple trips would earn you 10k++ denars
- Central location. Literally every edge of the map is at about the same distance.

Also not my profile pic. What weird times we're living through.

Guess it must be April Fools.
*Ding *Ding! :grin:

I have several questions about Pendor's lore, but considering that they'll most likely go unanswered, I'll post them here instead of creating a separate post about these.

Will we ever get the chance to know more about Noldor's Lost Island ? Was it invaded by Heretics or did it get destroyed in the War of The Titans ?

How did Astrea become a goddess ? Wasn't she an elf living in a fortress with a Dragon named Qualis ? What happened to her father and brother ? Who is the Oracle ?

Where is Madigan ? Assuming that the Hermit in the Hidden mines of Al-Aziz is actually Al-Aziz himself, could it be that Al-Aziz is actually Madigan ?

Thinking that Mettenheim produces the best metal around, could it be that there were dwarves in their island before them ? But those dwarves died in the war of the titans ?

Is the Amala Expedition thing completely cancelled ? I asked this previously but no one answered it. (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/prophesy-of-pendor-4-0-developer-notes.161489/)

Thanks in advance.

There is published lore on what happened to the Elven island. Here is the link: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tales-of-pendor-backstory.54010/#post-1693780

Astrea is an Eliga. No, she is not the elf living with Qualis and the oracle.
Madigan has been dead a long time.
The Dwarves faded after the world transformation due to the events on the Elven Island. It is reasonable to assume that some of their craft was picked up by the humans of Mettenheim.

Tentatively for pop 4.0. The original concept was an Amala Expedition and it was decided to wait for Bannerlord and looking at the module system before moving in any specific direction.

There are multiple options, we are looking at them all.

Amala was to take place on the lands to the south of Pendor and would evolve the story line to have the child of the player in POP face and hopefully ultimately destroy Azi Dahaka. This would entail all new cultures, factions, maps etc.

A second option was to pick up after the death of Azi Dahaka and after the world has been shredded where the player starts to reclaim an empire from the ruins of Pendor, Barclay and Amala. This likely would entail extensive procedural generation.

A Third option was just to recreate POP in Bannerlord but to add more in-depth interaction between cultures, lords and minor factions.

@saxondragon is there some lore explanation on why Sarleon troops all have blonde hair? It could be a code mistake or something if it was one troop, but Sarleon has 23 troops and all of them are blondes so I guess it was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom