[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Should I wait for v3.9.5 before starting a new campaign? Will there be any major changes? I haven't really been following the mod so I don't know if I should wait.
The new patch won't be savegame compatible backwards. If you are really concerned about starting a new playthrough on the newest version asap, then you should probably wait a little longer. The release is very likely to happen at the beginning of march. Other than that, if you just want to play PoP, nothing stops you from grabbing v3.9.4 right now :wink: With hotfix patch #3, it's perfectly enjoyable.

Does anyone know the details of how the resolve dispute quest works? Like, does it improve relations between the 2 lords by a specific amount or what? It seems like the two lords still hate each other even after completing it. One of those rare things I still can't figure out after dozens of campaigns. Not a huge deal obviously but sometimes you just want a perfectly harmonious kingdom you know :wink:

I gathered too much RTR and now no one wants me in their kingdom, is there anyway I can still become a vassal?

Last edited:
Is it possible to ally some of the hateful factions ?

For example would it be ideal if I were to have positive relations with
(I'm not counting Jatu, Mystmountain Raiders, Heretics or Snake Cult as canonically I have to destroy them)
Barclay
Mettenheim
Veccavia
Melitines
Vanskerries
Adventure Companies
Red Brotherhood
Singalians
Rogue Knights

so that they don't attack to me/my lords/my villagers etc when I build my own kingdom.

I'd appriciate your answers.

I gathered too much RTR and now no one wants me in their kingdom, is there anyway I can still become a vassal?
There is only one way. Edit your savegame: decrease you RtR before the vassal application, and change it back afterwards. The two most known savegame editors:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/save-game-editor-convertor.295270/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...bender-savegame-editor-released-1-0-4.376717/

Is it possible to ally some of the hateful factions ?
A script won't allow you to go over a given amount of relation points with some factions (if you do, relations get decreased). These are the following:
  • Rogue Knights: 10
  • Heretics: -15
  • Jatu: 2
  • Snake Cult: -5
  • Adventurer Companies: 10
  • Mystmountain Tribes: 10
  • D'Shar Raiders: 10
  • Singalians: 10
This means that you can befriend everyone except the Snake Cult and Heretics (the two main antagonist faction)

Last edited:
There is only one way. Edit your savegame: decrease you RtR before the vassal application, and change it back afterwards. The two most known savegame editors:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/save-game-editor-convertor.295270/
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...bender-savegame-editor-released-1-0-4.376717/

A script won't allow you to go over a given amount of relation points with some factions (if you do, relations get decreased). These are the following:
  • Rogue Knights: 10
  • Heretics: -15
  • Jatu: 2
  • Snake Cult: -5
  • Adventurer Companies: 10
  • Mystmountain Tribes: 10
  • D'Shar Raiders: 10
  • Singalians: 10
This means that you can befriend everyone except the Snake Cult and Heretics (the two main protagonist faction)

I believe all of those listed are able to be allied.

Thank you both for your answers.

Can player hire unique heroes or Barclay/Mettenheim/Melitine/Veccavia like other monarchs do? I have great relations with some of those minor factions but I cannot hire them as mercenaries other than the ones already there(Primera Guardia and others)

Can player hire unique heroes or Barclay/Mettenheim/Melitine/Veccavia like other monarchs do? I have great relations with some of those minor factions but I cannot hire them as mercenaries other than the ones already there(Primera Guardia and others)
No. That would be OP anyways.

Last edited:
I keep losing relation points with Agathon when I give fiefs/assign marshalship to Kyros. I thought upstanding lords don't really care if you grant other lords boons? Or does he just dislike Kyros in particular?

Edit: I suspect the latter; Kyros called a campaign and all of the other lords in my kingdom are following him, while Agathon is putzing around near his own fiefs.

I keep losing relation points with Agathon when I give fiefs/assign marshalship to Kyros. I thought upstanding lords don't really care if you grant other lords boons? Or does he just dislike Kyros in particular?

Edit: I suspect the latter; Kyros called a campaign and all of the other lords in my kingdom are following him, while Agathon is putzing around near his own fiefs.
Yes, those two are most likely personal enemies. Such pairs will always suffer relation penalties against each other, regardless of their personality.

Read about fiefs assignment in TweakMB. Generally good-natured lords will be less upset then bad-tempered.

But good-natured lords favor unlanded lords. So bad-tempered lords can support you more. This can be a different strategy, but it is not playeble. =(

Last edited:
Is there a way to find out which vassals dislike one another? I know that there is the option to ask them in private, and they'll tell you who they've quarreled with, but I no longer see this option as a monarch. Also, are vassal relationships fixed, or can they vary per game?

Is there a way to find out which vassals dislike one another? I know that there is the option to ask them in private, and they'll tell you who they've quarreled with, but I no longer see this option as a monarch. Also, are vassal relationships fixed, or can they vary per game?
You can ask your Wife (About Kingdom Unity)she will tell you the Lords that have problems and start a quest if you want to fix the relation between them.

Thanks for the info, but my current playthrough is with a female character. I will look into whether husbands can do the same.

As to assigning fiefs to vassals, who do you currently have appointed as your minister? The default one can't do anything (including assigning fiefs), I would suggest replacing him with your wife or a companion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom