[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey,

after i installed the Mod (for the first time) i still had native city names.
Deleted warband complete and all save data and everything. Installed again and downloaded from this site manually and installed it manually.
But still all city names are like the native names. I don't know if i miss other content so i used google a lot but found no solution.
Rly hope somebody can help me fix that.

I play M&B WB on Steam. It is the newest version of the game.

Daiju Fuma said:
Hey,

after i installed the Mod (for the first time) i still had native city names.
Deleted warband complete and all save data and everything. Installed again and downloaded from this site manually and installed it manually.
But still all city names are like the native names. I don't know if i miss other content so i used google a lot but found no solution.
Rly hope somebody can help me fix that.

I play M&B WB on Steam. It is the newest version of the game.
The issue you experience is because you are trying to play the game in a language that is not supported. Change it to 'english' in the launcher, and the names of fiefs will be fine.

When you are -1 relations with a minor faction, is it a feature or bug that they are absolutely suicidal and want to attack you no more what the odd are?

It's kind of funny but also a bit annoying

Rebelled against Baccus Empire with the Claimant quest. Its been easily over one hundred days, Baccus has not declared war or been attacked by any other faction. Only engaged with my Empire Rebels.

Do they eventually end up being attacked by another faction or press into another campaign against D'Shar or Sarleon?

At the moment, my force can only really hit and run. Pick off weaker lords. Take a castle, but cannot hold it due to the entire Baccus Empire rallying to take it back.

Though it does feel like the AI is very disinclined to either start two-front wars, or get involved in ongoing wars...except  seemingly when the reason for going to war is to curb the power of a faction starting to get too powerful.

Okay awesome regarding AI, its about 200 days now, still no movement from Baccus Empire (Only have 3 Towns, 3 Castles). Sarleon is smacking everyone and everyone is giving it too them. Except Baccus, just sitting idle, even a village has claimed for protection from Baccus from the tyranny of Sarleon.

Marius just taking the hit with his lords, but he will not hesitate to move on me if I even fart near Empire controlled territory. Just thought it was an extremely long period without a war declaration to claim lost ground or even D'Shar/Sarleon coming down to finish Baccus off. 

I was not able to google this:
How do i free a lord of my kingdom if he gets captured?

(I had a companion who has a fief captured and could not figure out how to ransom her, or find the city/castle where she was imprisoned)

she just popped up again, once i had made peace

As I recall your only real options are rescuing them from prison via sneaking in to the town/castle where they're being held and staging a prison break, or defeating the lord/taking the castle/town where they're being held.

Ok. thx
thats what i've thought.

And maybe it's a bug that you cant find not "real" lords  in prisons. because Sarleon had only 2 cities and one castle and i could not find her. but maybe she was listed on the prisoners offscreen.

hey guys first of all thanks a lot. this is getting better with every update, I would say it lack nothing from some of the best games out there that cost you 60 bucks with huge groups of developers and staffs. amazing work
now as question
1- will there be new updates or even pop 4
2- does people even use faction troops? I mean with buffing sherif it's kinda strange if someone want to use faction troops. also sherif is just a mediocre cavalry. the fact that it bring so much money should be even more important? atleast till mid game where you use doom guide. pretty much I haven't recruited a single unit from faction except when I wanted to autocalc.

3- what would you call best slaver ko (for joining so that include best equipment too). (not counting cko ofcourse) we have eventide with both sergent and knight on horse and both have chance of having blunt, even though the knight have lower chance (ignore the relation difficulty for the sake of science) that also means eventide helm with/without cap. then we have the radiant cross with higher chance of having blunt weapon + their weapon is one of the best blunts (if I understand it correctly since they have 2 battle hammer?) plus the Superior body armor and chance of having very resilient horses, their Sergent is their downfall though with bad weapon proficiency and being on foot means not a fast battle. though they probably can get through and use their pool hammer (if I remember correctly). then we have ebony gauntlet I doubt they can be good slaver at all, since they are on foot but their armor may get them though, still one of their possible blunt weapons is two handed hammer that would means no shield and more death.

4- now talking about meddling with the occult, I want to remove the loot share of companions and soldiers and instead increase their wages. honestly I don't like that the army works like a common band of thief's I rather have a full professional army that get enough wages and no loot. all loot goes to the employer, plus loots means very little in a big war it may equip a few good soldiers (that I don't understand why I should share loot with companion when I equip them myself) but they won't win wars. also if I raise the wages does it affect the ai lords economy too? now the question is what would be a a good increase in their wage 2x? 3x? in your experience I mean, imagine the situation and all the money you can get and all the hassle of being in constant war to pay your soldiers, I raised it to something like 2.5x with changing 25 divider to 10. but I haven't played a game yet, so I would like to know how more experienced player think it would be fair

again thank you very much for such a hard consistant work on this amazing mod.

@omegaweapon
1. Yes for both.
2. Yes, I always find Empire Armored Crossbowmen, Ravenstern Rangers, Fierdsvain Huscarls and Sarleon Knights an all-around great addition to any army. I haven't played with the D'Shar since the revamp of their troop tree, so I can't say much about them.
3. The trio you mentioned precisely. And use them depending on your playthrough criteria. You have to micro Ebony Gauntlets in field battles, but they truly shine once you've managed to pull off some nasty flanking with them.
4. Good question, I'm not sure as I've never changed the wages of troops. As far as I know, the AI only pays for troops when recruiting from templates. But I have no idea if the respective tweaks will have an effect on their economy that way or not.

Gorvex said:
@omegaweapon
1. Yes for both.
2. Yes, I always find Empire Armored Crossbowmen, Ravenstern Rangers, Fierdsvain Huscarls and Sarleon Knights an all-around great addition to any army. I haven't played with the D'Shar since the revamp of their troop tree, so I can't say much about them.
3. The trio you mentioned precisely. And use them depending on your playthrough criteria. You have to micro Ebony Gauntlets in field battles, but they truly shine once you've managed to pull off some nasty flanking with them.
4. Good question, I'm not sure as I've never changed the wages of troops. As far as I know, the AI only pays for troops when recruiting from templates. But I have no idea if the respective tweaks will have an effect on their economy that way or not.

1- awesome can't wait for more :smile:.
2- I know they are better army for winning but I find the initial 200 days more of establishing and making money rather than winning, what I mean is that why should you? I am not talking about preference I am talking about efficiency, like so what If I can't fight that huge army when I can make way more money on smaller army. if I want to fight  that big dude there are other choices like doom guides. unless your playing a  speed run or you want to fight the spawns like a man (I rather fight them like a hmm.. kitting kitten :razz:).
3- hmm, I will try the ebony gauntlet. never tried to be slaver with foot soldier, as I am kinda fighting small parties that can be won easily with most profit per sec of my time. but if I can win against noldor sooner than I could it would be a more optimized playthough.

thanks for the answer mate :smile:

edit: oh I almost forgot is it possible to create a tweak that prisoner management system works with the number of soldier in your army? like (and just an example) with 1 prisoner management for every 10 soldier you can have 1 prisoner, with 10 prisoner management you can have 1 prisoner for every soldier you have. it's kinda strange (should I say very unrealistic) that you can have 100 prisoners with just yourself. with viking conquest I think quite a lot of new tweaks are possible now

How can I tweak unlimited reinforcements? TweakMB hasn't been updated since the world came to an end in 2012. Tried it anyway but doesn't work for reinforcements.

This has always been the big tweak I always made to fix the problem of only getting loot for the last battle instead of the entire battle. Just defeated Eyegrim and got basically nothing because the fight was split into 2 fights. One with 600 and the last with 70. Pretty sure I only got the loot for the 70 Fallen (trash fodder) right? I haven't played WB in a while but I seem to remember that's how it works.

Already tried searching this topic and googling to no avail.

--Update--
Its in the camp menu in Pop Options. How neat!

actually you only get loot for the first 170? (I think is the number) soldier you kill so if you kill 170 peasant first then kill 9k noldor twilight knight you only get  the loot from the peasants.
eyegrim loots are generally trash + 1 or 2 book + (if you quasi capture him) qualis gem or if it's first time unlocking doom mace and netherworld shield for your cko (I think I only care for the doom mace).

there is one other problem that you should know too, if there are more items in the loot page that the screen can hold it will be sorted in order of kills and you loss higher end loots if you kill the trash mobs first. so if you kill 169 peasants and 1 other dude. and those peasants drop enough loot to fill the loot page. then you won't get the last drops. there is fix in the tweak page of wiki for that.

omegaweapon said:
2- I know they are better army for winning but I find the initial 200 days more of establishing and making money rather than winning, what I mean is that why should you? I am not talking about preference I am talking about efficiency, like so what If I can't fight that huge army when I can make way more money on smaller army. if I want to fight  that big dude there are other choices like doom guides. unless your playing a  speed run or you want to fight the spawns like a man (I rather fight them like a hmm.. kitting kitten :razz:).
That's just personal preference. I'd take those units into my party any day. But if you want to finish a playthrough in a reasonable amount of time (around 500-700 days), then you won't be rejecting these guys. Or any other lvl 20+ faction troop actually. Likewise for speedruns (~300-350 days)

Question: what do the 3 special personalities of companions - namely mercantile, benefactor and rogueish - do exactly under certain conditions? I.e. relation increase with honor, relation changes for releasing during war/peace, relation loss for awarding fiefs to other lords, likelyhood of denouncing their oath to their king, etc. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom