[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

More troops will be in a batch more will get promotion. Exact mechanics is irrelevant actually. Provide more trainers and more troops in a batch to get more upgrades. Kinda stupid and not correlates with skill description but that how it works. Possibly quantity of troops in a batch get multiplied by cumulative XP from trainers and then divided by XP needed for single upgrade to get number of soldiers to upgrade - all behind the scenes, no numbers, no nothing.

Looking at this tweak page, I tried the adding bodyguards tweak. The very first instruction is to find "dlga_start:close_window.10 4095 0  4 33 3 144115188075855892 360287970189640186 360287970189640206 1073741855 2 144115188075856070 14 31 2 144115188075856070 1 110 1 144115188075855892 Let's_leave_whenever_you_are_ready.  6  0 NO_VOICEOVER" in conversation.txt. However, no such line exists; dlga_start:close_window.10 refers to the phrase "Thank_you_again_for_all_you've_done.".

However, replacing the 10 so it's dlga_start:close_window.11 does find such a line. Is that the correct one to change, if anyone knows? I'm wary of experimenting as I'd rather not lose my save, so I'll ask here, but if noone knows I'll just take the risk :razz:

stringburka said:
Looking at this tweak page, I tried the adding bodyguards tweak. The very first instruction is to find "dlga_start:close_window.10 4095 0  4 33 3 144115188075855892 360287970189640186 360287970189640206 1073741855 2 144115188075856070 14 31 2 144115188075856070 1 110 1 144115188075855892 Let's_leave_whenever_you_are_ready.  6  0 NO_VOICEOVER" in conversation.txt. However, no such line exists; dlga_start:close_window.10 refers to the phrase "Thank_you_again_for_all_you've_done.".

However, replacing the 10 so it's dlga_start:close_window.11 does find such a line. Is that the correct one to change, if anyone knows? I'm wary of experimenting as I'd rather not lose my save, so I'll ask here, but if noone knows I'll just take the risk :razz:
:???:
Below section 13. on the Tweaks page of the Wikia:
Tweaks in the list are updated to v3.9.4 up to this point! (from the top) The rest down below are likely to not work with v3.9.4 and may cause crashes too!

But at least I can't say that you didn't live up to your own words :grin:
stringburka said:
Tried looking at the wiki page for tweaks but couldn't find anything there about it, but I'm known to miss things right in front of my eyes (as a few lamp posts can testify) so it might well be there.

This place is not to ask about your tweaks but for people asking about the base game unmodified.

Please ask questions pertaining to tweaks where you got them stringburka.

Did anyone ever received armor reward from hunt quest form KO order he didn't joined? I've never been able to get such reward, only troops, while armor can be a reward for joined KO.

sher said:
Did anyone ever received armor reward from hunt quest form KO order he didn't joined? I've never been able to get such reward, only troops, while armor can be a reward for joined KO.

im pretty sure in previous versions I got gauntlets and greaves

OK, I'll "risk" it this time and become grandmaster of Phoenixes ASAP. In my current playthrough there wasn't single body armor from EG hunts rewards in 1500 days so will try to ignore it and verify along the way.

That's almost impossible, There are 18 cities in pendor, let's deduct 4 assuming you're at war with one faction, each dyeworks or hide tannery gives  bare minimum 500 denar a week.

500x 14 = 7000

1 city and 1 castle, that's at the worst awfulest circumstances 3000 denars a week total, and you should have at least 3 villages, which is an extra 1500 at BARE minimum.

so when we add these up you get 11.500 a week.

If you can't afford to stabilize with 11.500 a week :
You're never ever ransoming lords
You never ever do tournaments
You don't fight battles decent enough to get any loot
You literally have 1 leadership.

And one tip : It's impossible to train CKO during wartime on normal circumstances, i'd suggest amassing a huge territory with very good financial stability before you even try to do that.

It's extremely easy but most people are oblivious to the solution

Just go to Jatu plains, start battling them, as you lose troops you gain more renown from battling 50 something jatu warbands.

once you start getting 8 something renown from each jatu warband just keep going, you'll complete with at least 5 days to spare and a free 100k if you sell everything you looted to towns.
Takes like half an hour and pretty repetitious and boring but it's easy.
And if you have REALLY low medical skills and somehow manage to to lose a lot of troops before you get close to completing it, just rotate to mystmountains or rogue knight bandits.

I even disband them to like 50-60 so i get more renown from jatu.

Reestah said:
Does PC skill bonus counts towards new Tracking and hunting skill? Or is it hard points only?

For example, is 9(+3) 45% or 60% less consumption?
Check what's written in the description of the skill in-game. If it's a party skill (iirc it still is), then yes. Or you could just create a blank char template in less than 1 min and see how it goes.

Speaking of which, does the reduction only apply at every 3 levels and nothing in-between? Probably a dumb question, but the way that it's phrased in the game makes it unclear.

...which makes ideal setup 5 tracking on player character and 10 on companion, giving you max benefit without having to spend 5 points on your character, am I right?

So I'm stuck at ~70 Noldor relations and want to get them higher so that I can get Noldor gear for my CKO. At this point however I've already read all of the three books that give you a relations boost and helping the Noldor in fights doesn't even raise my relations with them anymore - is there a way to raise the relations past this point? I thought about just creating a fourth book (I assume theres some sort of script involved) and adding it into the game via Morghs but I don't know enough modding to do that.

H E R O O F T H E I M P E R I U M said:
So I'm stuck at ~70 Noldor relations and want to get them higher so that I can get Noldor gear for my CKO. At this point however I've already read all of the three books that give you a relations boost and helping the Noldor in fights doesn't even raise my relations with them anymore - is there a way to raise the relations past this point? I thought about just creating a fourth book (I assume theres some sort of script involved) and adding it into the game via Morghs but I don't know enough modding to do that.
Make sure that you help the Noldor against bigger odds.

An other alternative would be savegame-editing (change your relations)

Is there a way to see where each KO chapter is located at? I know it pops up when a chapter is created but sometimes I forget after a while on the ones that didn't have chapters to start the game. I looked thru the reports but didn't see it anywhere.

Rail Tracer said:
Is there a way to see where each KO chapter is located at? I know it pops up when a chapter is created but sometimes I forget after a while on the ones that didn't have chapters to start the game. I looked thru the reports but didn't see it anywhere.
Directly, there isn't a way to figure that out. But the possible starting locations for KO chapters are on the Wikia: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Knighthood_Orders

yea its not the ones that don't start that sometimes is hard to figure out. I was trying to find the Ebony racists cause they were the only KO that I didn't have positive relation with. They were not at their possible starting location. Eventually some lord founded a chapter in Raverstern of all places, be nice if there is a way to look up a list of their chapter locations or if there is a chapter at all.

Unrelated questions, I notice that against unique spawns like the Dread Legion / Eyegrim the AI seems to autocalc much more forgiving. Like when I try to lead a marshal army against the Dread Legion the casualty rate was pretty bad but when I reloaded and let my lords handle it without me, the casualty seems pretty much 1:1. Is this intentional?

It's just inevitable since autocalc deals only with fictional personal strength of troops and cannot model army composition factor, tactics and so on.

Back
Top Bottom