[QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Users who are viewing this thread

Has anyone else ran into an issue where when they sally out of a fort or a city both you and your men are missing ammo? every time it happens i end up with no more then six arrows and its very annoying to see my archers shot like 5 times then pull out there melee weapons.

Evvv said:
Working as intended.

I cant understand for a balance reason why that would happen but (a small gripe) if they are sallying out as we are going to attack the castle/city why would we not have arrows did we just drop them in surprise or something?

Ranged units are very powerful in PoP and for a long time people used a cheese tactic of attacking with all archers, retreating, attacking with all archers, retreating, etc to trivialize sieges. The reduced ammo count is to represent your army being attacked by 'surprise' by a raiding force.

Evvv said:
Ranged units are very powerful in PoP and for a long time people used a cheese tactic of attacking with all archers, retreating, attacking with all archers, retreating, etc to trivialize sieges. The reduced ammo count is to represent your army being attacked by 'surprise' by a raiding force.

I do fully understand that but if i  am not correct the raid is happening when we are going to attack so shouldn't we have the arrows, or are we seeing the time of the raid in two different ways? (btw i dont have an issue with nerfing that cuse yes it was broken but it is still a bit annoying no hate tho still love this mod to death).

Then top shooters will feast on attackers. Just place some melee infantry before archers and enemy will not sally out to kill them.

Wasn't there an exploit where if you equipped a certain type of arrow on you & companions, those arrows did not get reduced??

Anyway I last night I besieged three castles, I gave the hold fire order & charged/moved my Cav at the enemy archers(they seemed  to have the most shields...)  Then charged everyone else at the main sally force.  It worked twice and i was granted one of the castles  :party:... but I got shot to pieces the third time and my force fell apart  :ohdear:

palewarrior said:
Wasn't there an exploit where if you equipped a certain type of arrow on you & companions, those arrows did not get reduced??
Crossbow bolts were not included in the sally-out feature previously.

How do I tweak the spawn rates for unique spawns in 3.9?

So I may be a fool, and also may be blind, but I cannot for the life of me find where the line of text I am supposed to replace is. I have notepad up but dear lord does the amount of numbers hurt my eyes. I can’t seem to find a guide or anything with the search function so any help getting my moronic self to figure this out would be appreciated.

ZaloV2 said:

So I may be a fool, and also may be blind, but I cannot for the life of me find where the line of text I am supposed to replace is. I have notepad up but dear lord does the amount of numbers hurt my eyes. I can’t seem to find a guide or anything with the search function so any help getting my moronic self to figure this out would be appreciated.

https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks
tDo-e9FKqUg.jpg
YKV0SsNkPGs.jpg

VonDegurechaff said:
ZaloV2 said:

https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks
tDo-e9FKqUg.jpg
YKV0SsNkPGs.jpg
I am indeed, a blind fool. And apparently too tired to type correctly into the find function.
Thank you, you beautiful individual.

Does anybody know working solution (tweak) for version 3.9.3. to increase cities merchants gold?
Eventually got tired of loot micromanagement, would be nice to test it and include in guide for future convenience.

sher said:
Does anybody know working solution (tweak) for version 3.9.3. to increase cities merchants gold?
Eventually got tired of loot micromanagement, would be nice to test it and include in guide for future convenience.

Does this work https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Tweaks ?

12 D

I can find substrings in file, will test out later, thanks for info anyway - looks good.

// Yep, it's working with 3.9.3.

If something doesn't work from the Wikia, then it's an oversight. I usually test tweaks before writing instructions to put them on that page :wink:

Hi all,

More questions, this time, about YOUR opinion about troops, not about "numbers and figures".

I've started over once more with what is meant to be my (hopefuly) final game; my other previous ones, even when I reached around day 400+, well, to say it plain and simple, I cheated the hell out of those games, mostly to see content (insta CKO equipment and things like that), but now that I more or less know how PoP works, as said, I started over a new game.

I've started in previous games in Fierdsvain, D'Shars and Sarleon, the one I'm playing with now, and I've used almost every faction's troops, usually a good mix of all. Now, to the point.

In my experience, Huscarls+D'Shar archers+D'Shar calvary (NOT noble ones) used to be a very good combo, and I said "used", because as said again, I'm right now playing with Sarleon, and I'm struggling to keep my troops alive; I'm using Sarleon Halberdiers+Sarleon armored archers+Sarleon Cavalry, and it seems to me like the worst combo ever... Sarleon cavalry die like flies, halberdiers too (no shield) and they don't seem to be effective at all against mounted units, and while the archers are more or less ok, they die against crossbowmen 24/7, so obviously I'm doing something wrong, or they are just sh$t.

In this game, Sarleon is at war with Baccus; we are winning, the AI is doing very good against them, BUT if I am in that battle/siege/whatever, it's like fighting against noldors using farmers... their crossbowmen and cavalry just onslaught the field and overwhelm our troops with ease; most often than not we win, but due only to numbers, not quality, and the battle ends with 50% of Sarleon troops dead at least if we are lucky... it's true that it seems like their KO are sparing for free their troops to the Baccu Empire, since almost every lord brings Immortals & Phoenix troops, but still it's just too much to deal with them, so, my question:

Which are in your opinion the best NON-noble-nor-KO troops to use? I'm asking this because I'm starting, just one month and a half of playthrough now, I'm not even a vasall yet (mercenary), and getting noble or KO troops seems impossible riht now, but I don't want to cross the whole map to rise peasants from all over the country the wrong way. I'm planing on dumping all my troops and start over my army with only Fierdsvain infantry (train the up to Huscarls), maybe Baccu crossbowmen (although there will be a huge impact to morale due to the war), and D'Shar riders & reavers... what do you think about this setup?

Thanks in advance.

Khabal said:
Which are in your opinion the best NON-noble-nor-KO troops to use? I'm asking this because I'm starting, just one month and a half of playthrough now, I'm not even a vasall yet (mercenary), and getting noble or KO troops seems impossible riht now, but I don't want to cross the whole map to rise peasants from all over the country the wrong way. I'm planing on dumping all my troops and start over my army with only Fierdsvain infantry (train the up to Huscarls), maybe Baccu crossbowmen (although there will be a huge impact to morale due to the war), and D'Shar riders & reavers... what do you think about this setup?

Thanks in advance.

For Cavalry you can recruit adventurers from taverns and promote to hero when they gain enough xp. You can also get them once you hit level 20 by asking Sigismund/Alistair for troops if you get lucky with the roll.
For Archers a decent choice is to recruit farmers from rescued prisoners and train them up to Pendor Armored Bowman (350 profs in archery).
So you will have huscarls protecting the PAB while they hail arrows and the hero adventures also provide ranged support. HA are also deadly when they switch to melee due to their high profs.
You can also throw in some Fierdsvain Huntress to deal with enemy cavalry.

Once you get a walled fief there are plenty of options for KO chapters to create and use those troops to further strengthen your army.

Hey, im looking if its possible to tweak the manage garrison in castles/towns so that i can access it even if im only a Lord for that faction, so if i am a lord for Sarleon i can access all sarleon castles/towns garrisons and give/take troops and prisioners, anyone know if that is possible and if it is how to do it? thanks in advance.

Khabal said:

Thanks in advance.
I typically follow these concepts per sher's guide, and they work well for me:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255110.msg7954788.html#msg7954788 and https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255110.msg7954794.html#msg7954794

Back
Top Bottom