Prophesy of Pendor V2.x DISCUSSION

Users who are viewing this thread

Open the module folder.

Open item_kinds1

Find this: 
itm_pl_426 Royal_Platemail Royal_Platemail 1  transitional_plate_harness_05 0  16842765 0 5578 704643236 27.000000 1 0 58 16 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Following "27.000000" you will see the number "1"

Change the "1" to "50" or "100" which will increase your chances of getting the armor in the shops by 50% or 100% respectively.

Nikator said:
Oh, and where can this item-editor be found, if you would be so kind...?  :mrgreen: (Not used to "modding" M&B, at all)

Item Editor:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,27735.0.html

Troop Editor while I'm at it:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

Both easy to use, but make backups.

Oh, and under NO circumstances add any items to PoP.  It is at the limit already.

*Disclaimer: ANY editing has the possibility of creating unanticipated issues, so we may not be able to support problems you encounter.  Be very cautious what you change.

Edit: Or what Fawzia said if you want to to deal with it more simply.  :smile:
Note: changes to the shops occur around Early Morning in Calradia/Pendor so wait a day before looking for the items in shops.

Kaeldragor, I said what I did because I have done the same thing with a shield I particularly like in all the Pendor betas without any problems - using the item editor with POP as per SD can be risky.  However, SD told me himself that changing the odds on getting a piece of equipment would not cause problems, I did that on his advice and it has worked fine.  So, my advice came from the horse's mouth on how to up the chances on getting the item.  To my knowledge that method has caused no bugs or problems.

It will take a week or so game time for the items to show up in shops, but they do show up, as per SD. 

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
Kaeldragor, I said what I did because I have done the same thing with a shield I particularly like in all the Pendor betas without any problems - using the item editor with POP as per SD can be risky.  However, SD told me himself that changing the odds on getting a piece of equipment would not cause problems, I did that on his advice and it has worked fine.  So, my advice came from the horse's mouth on how to up the chances on getting the item.  To my knowledge that method has caused no bugs or problems.

It will take a week or so game time for the items to show up in shops, but they do show up, as per SD.

Your instructions are spot on, I just prefer the editors in personal use.

And I threw in the disclaimer because the editor makes it a little easier to change something without meaning to, while editing the text file is simple and straight forward.

I'm not sure it will take the full week, but that may be more reliable.  I've marked things as merchandise and changed their abundance and had them show up the next day (obviously not in every town.)

I have had things show up the next day or as much as 10 game days after the change - SD's estimate was "about a week game time" but that is not consistent at all.  SD told me to be most careful when using the Item Editor in Pendor, and cited the reasons you listed.  If you start a new game, they generally show up almost instantly.

For those like me, who are not technically good, increasing the odds of getting something you want in the shops is the safest and easiest way to go.
And, as I said, I know that causes no problems.

Another interesting point - even if you tinker with the odds of getting Noldor equipment in the shops, you don't or at least hardly ever.  I think SD blocked it somehow.  I tried once out of curiosity on a noldor_enchanted_shield and eventually one turned up in mid-game.  But only the one.

Thanks for the quick replies all!

While looking at the item-list (I figured that since I was already in there, I might aswell look up any other items I might want to spawn more frequently) there seem to be alot of items set at "100" which rarely, if ever, shows up in my game? What is the reason to that? Most of the things were "clothes" of different kinds. Changing to 100 "only" raises the chances that I will get a certain item, not guaranteing it? Or is it something about certain items not being spawnable in shops?

Certain items of clothing and gear are specific to certain spawns in certain locations.  Certain items are not available in shops no matter how you change the odds on getting them - that's why Kaeldragor said you should use the Items Editor.  By changing the odds on your getting a piece of armor to 100, you have a 100% CHANCE of getting it, which means you usually will eventually, but not necessarily, if it is an item that never is sold in shops.  Royal platemail will show up in shops, because I just checked it out and it took about 4 days game time, which is no guarantee that is what time it will take in your game.  Don't mess about with masses of stuff or you will probably come to grief - just up the odds on getting what you want and get out of there, if you are not very good at what you are doing!  Remember, make a copy of the items1 first before fooling around and also remember there is not any support here if/when you screw up.

Aye, I've only touched the odds on certain items. They all follow the same "model", I suppose? It's pretty "easy" to spot the modifiable "drop-value". And I do not intend on touching the other things, I was merely curious as to how it works. It would be cool to have certain types of clothes dropping, for RP-purposes.

Oh, and I've also made a copy of the file. Damn it, you almost sound like my mother Fawzia.  :razz:

Well, I didn't take it as you were angry or something, I just wanted to make sure that I meant no offense. And yes, oddly enough, not using a smiley can give your message a "sharper tone" than what was perhaps intended.

And USING smileys is the internet equivalent of the old southern trick of adding "... bless their heart" after a scathing insult.

I mean, you have to admit that...

HOLY F#$%NG S#$T YOU C@#K EATING MONKEY F@#$ER!  I'LL RIP YOUR F@#$ING B!#$H EYES OUT AND SKULLF#$K THE SOCKETS, YOU GOAT-F#$KING TW@T-ROCKET!

...would make one appear to be rather insulting without a nice :smile: at the end.

What?

-Misguided

PS:  I have an excuse.  I'm injured and stoned.  yay vicodin. :mrgreen:

Can't we all just join hands in our love of the best mod of Mount and Blade out there? Yeah that's right, I said it.

Nikator said:
Thanks for the quick replies all!

While looking at the item-list (I figured that since I was already in there, I might aswell look up any other items I might want to spawn more frequently) there seem to be alot of items set at "100" which rarely, if ever, shows up in my game? What is the reason to that? Most of the things were "clothes" of different kinds. Changing to 100 "only" raises the chances that I will get a certain item, not guaranteing it? Or is it something about certain items not being spawnable in shops?

Not to sidetrack this too much, but technically it isn't a percentage, the number goes much higher than 100.  Consider it a relative value.

Then consider the type of item and the price.

The game then takes these factors and plays a balancing act (and not a neat or perfect one), and therefore if two helms cost the same amount but one has higher abundance (120 vs. 100 for example), the higher abundance will be more common... for that helm at that price.

Super expensive items are necessarily considered more rare, but I don't know how much it impacts the algorithm.

...AND certain items are not 'merchandise', so they just don't get sold at all, regardless of the number.  Those you must loot (such as the much desired Demonskin Armor.)

Sir Lulzalot said:
Can't we all just join hands in our love of the best mod of Mount and Blade out there? Yeah that's right, I said it.

Kumbaya

de4bhv.jpg

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
@FritZ_FretZ - RE: your post, you turkey. :grin:

Das me :lol:

Anyhow, more on topic...

I have to tell you folks again, PoP is simply amazing! I can't thank you all enough for sharing this marvelous piece of artistry. It's truly a credit to each and every person that's contributed. :smile:

I'm still relatively new to Pendor, so my experiences are fresh. I've been keeping some notes on things that, to me at least, from my fresh/possibly naive perspective, appear to be asking for slight tweaking to make Pendor an more dazzling experience. Please keep in mind that these are intended to be constructive criticisms only and in no way diminish my appreciation for the exceptional work already done. With this in mind, here are a few suggestions, some specific and others general, in no particular order:

1) In the Pendor troop tree, it seems a bit incongruous to develop a Footknight from a Squire-at-Arms rather than from the non-equestrian Man-at-Arms of equal tier.

2) As the game progresses, rumors don't seem to keep up; E.g. referencing extinct factions and defunct rulers.

3) As in native, the first greeting the PC receives from a lord that has switched to the PC's chosen faction is still in context of being able to fight the PC. It would be more immersive if this greeting were to reflect the lord being in the same faction as the PC.

4) The inclusion of an option to end dialog with a lord or lady other than, "I must beg my leave." This is fine in the beginning of the game, prior to being granted a title as I'm the lord's subordinate. But, once I receive a title, I am their peer and shouldn't have to beg them for anything, let alone my leave. "I must go now." would work fine. It's purely cosmetic of course, but it would add a lot to role playing. Also, with the new ability to become a faction ruler, the only people doing the begging should be the lords themselves.

5) On the note of being a ruler, it would be nice to be recognized as such in the dialogs. I know it's meant to personalize the dialog by inserting the player name, but it would be more immersive if the dialog referred to me with more respect. E.g. instead of 'player name' insert 'my lord' or 'your Eminence' or 'my liege' as appropriate. When speaking to one of your vassals wouldn't it be nicer to here "what is your bidding my lord?" than "Well, 'name'? What is it?" And no more curt "Yes, yes - farewell" either; "Farewell my lord" is as snippety as it should get.

6) Female tavern keepers use the rumor about the windtooth tribe, saying they won't repeat it to their wife. Are they really meant to be that open minded in Pendor? :lol:

7) Assigning lords from defunct factions to new factions is fine if you're not the ruler. But if you are, you should have the option to either take the lord on board or tell him to push off. It seems more than a bit silly to be assigned a lord that hates you; after all, who runs this place? :wink:  Ultimately it would be nice to have the lord's disposition towards the ruler taken into account when choosing/applying to their new faction.

8 ) When leaving the 'War Room' the PC refers to the steward as "my lord".

9) It would be nice to have the ability to tell someone staying at your castle/town to "Get out!" The game allows the PC to be barred from castles owned by lords that hate them. I'd like this ability too, or at least to kick them out if I find them there. This includes the Ladies of the court. It irritates me to no end to have this... person... squatting in my house telling me she's never heard of me and then telling me I need to kiss her hind-side for her to help me. I want to be able to either kick her out, throw her in the dungeon or put her to the sword; But really any one of those options would work. :smile:

10) I know that at the moment there are issues with the repair of structures in villages and towns; And that the issue is on the to do list. Once functional, it would be nice to have the option to toggle an automated repair system that charges repair costs against the income of the town. This would seem to fit in with the roles that the steward/guild masters should play. Providing of course, that you have given them your consent.

That's it for now. If you're interested I'll keep writing things down and sharing them. Let me know :smile:

Cheers!

FritZ

Edit:
kaeldragor said:
...snip

...AND certain items are not 'merchandise', so they just don't get sold at all, regardless of the number.  Those you must loot (such as the much desired Demonskin Armor.)

Sorry Kael, but I've got to ask since this is second time the demonskin armor has been referred to as 'desirable'. What's so great about it? I've picked up several and IIRC the stats sucked compared to even a coat of plates. I'm confused.

-FF

Back
Top Bottom