+Previous+ Old Thread - Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i'll sign up my clan tomorrow, but i still don't see how this works. Is Warband going to like do something with this???

This is just something put together by a bunch of players, spearheaded by Kenneth.  There is no affiliation with the developers besides the fact that we are using their game and constructed world.

Dogman said:
So is it like a mod? or will be a mod we will have to download?
Dogman...I doubt this is the thing for you as you don't fully grasp what is going on here.  Possibly after the rules are released you can further understand the workings of the campaign, but at this point it's quite obvious you are not following along.  I would recommend just holding any decisions on participation until the rules are released and you understand the concept of what this is.
Just some advice.

boudin said:
Clan name: Knights of the Imperial Falcoln

Tag: KoIF

Means of Contact: My steam:sanada900 or contact me on ptk forums through pm

My number will be 14-18

Nation Type:Fedual Lordship

Faction:Nords

Recruiting: Yes contact me on steam or go to our site

From the smokes and ashes of ptk, out of the black flies a Falcoln, flying towards the light in the sky.The Duke of PTK saw this as a sign that he must rally his men or be conquered,forming an order of what is left, calling it the Knights of the Imperial Falcoln, managing to rebuild a castle and is ready to fight,
PTK will always be remebered in the hearts of Rangers,Legionaries, and Knight alike, but we shall defend our lands and honor and perhapes become an Empire.

Great to see PTK reorganizing (and, more importantly, participating in ROCK  :razz:  )

Couple of things:
1) Is "Falcoln" a typo from "Falcon"?

2) The lore may have to be changed a bit for the campaign (PTK doesn't strictly exist), but don't worry about that now; you can talk to me on steam or it may become clearer on Friday.

And to everyone:
We are on track for a Friday (afternoon) release of the ruleset! :grin:

The custom scening info will be included in the release, but just a heads up for those mapmakers that are getting a head start, we will be using Modoc's Native Scene Prop Expansion! :smile: Anyone who knows what that is, will no doubt be excited, if you don't however, here's a teaser:

Native Scene Prop Expansion

I'll type a fancier introduction here later. Here are the list of triggers.

(Variable ids will be referred to as var1 and var2).

Winch_b:
Values for var1:
0 - Affects portcullises
1 - Affects drawbridges (rotates 90 degrees)
2 - Affects draw_bridge_a (slides)
3 - affects ramp12 (like an elevator)

portcullis: var1*var2 (in centimeters) will determine how far up the gate rises. If var1 is 0, the default is used.

draw_bridge_a: slides along its z-axis for a length determined by var1*var2. If var1 is 0, the default is used.

ramp12: slides along its y-axis (rotate it to use it like an elevator) for a length determined by var1*var2. If var1 is 0, the default is used.

weavery_die_pool_r:
Values for var1:
0 - normal
1 - act like a button when hit
Values for var2 is var1=1:
0 - Affects portcullises
2 - Affects draw_bridge_a (slides)

stone_step_a:
Values for var1:
0 - normal
1 - act like a stone trap-trigger when stepped on
Values for var2 is var1=1:
0 - Affects portcullises
2 - Affects draw_bridge_a (slides) (only opens, doesn't close)

weavery_dye_pool_p:
Acts like a bucket of boiling oil when var1 = 1. Suggested resize to x=0.4 y=0.4, z=0.5

barrier_8m
Kills players on contact is var1=1

door_destructible: No longer destructible--teleports players to another door with the same var1 value.

Maybe we can see a battering ram soon in the GK server, have you guys seen the Crusader mod?
Yeah...
And that'll give more variety to the campaign too! :grin:

McBeverage said:
Didn't read the entire OP; just skimmed it, but from what I can tell this'll be similiar in idea to cRPG's Strategus, but without the whole grind and rather "special" playerbase, correct?  Awesome.

I have never played Strategus, but several others have made that same comparison.

Slytacular said:
Don't know what that is, but I think so. It's very similar to playing a Total War game. You have the Campaign map, and when two armies clash, you take it down to a little rumble between your side and your adversaries.

Never played total war either D: but I know enough about it to say that that is a good comparison.

Slytacular said:
Although I'm still a bit curious how movement is going to work in this campaign.

Movement is turn-based and submitted weekly (actually, the whole thing is on a one week = one turn cycle). Not really sure what you're asking here - can you be more specific? (or just wait 'til Friday afternoon :razz:)

I think I've read some where that you will have pieces on the board? For each turn, does a team move one piece, or do multiple? How far can some of our pieces move on the map? Do we have a lot of armies, or very little? Do we create armies? Are there any other special pieces that are not armies? Like spies, princesses, assassins, diplomats, merchants? What does our pieces look like? Will I get to pick my favorite color  :grin:?

Duke_Kenneth said:
And an update on the ruleset:
We've been going through final testing but we've encountered some balance issues. We are experimenting with several fixes and I expect that we'll have it all resolved and ready to be published Friday. However, I feel like I should warn you that a few days delay might be necessary. (If that becomes the case, the pre-registration deadline and the beginning and deadline of formal registration will be pushed back a corresponding number of days.)

This has become the case. :cry:  Vaegirs are currently resiting all attempts at balancing. :evil:
Look for the website to open on Monday; I'll keep everyone posted here.

Duke_Kenneth said:
Duke_Kenneth said:
And an update on the ruleset:
We've been going through final testing but we've encountered some balance issues. We are experimenting with several fixes and I expect that we'll have it all resolved and ready to be published Friday. However, I feel like I should warn you that a few days delay might be necessary. (If that becomes the case, the pre-registration deadline and the beginning and deadline of formal registration will be pushed back a corresponding number of days.)

This has become the case. :cry:  Vaegirs are currently resiting all attempts at balancing. :evil:
Look for the website to open on Monday; I'll keep everyone posted here.

...we... are... almost... there...

Duke_Kenneth said:
Rurin said:
I suppose I should register for this. We have been discussing this for awhile with the clan.
Name of Clan: The Midnight Watchmen
In-game Tag: * TMW
Contact Person & Means of Contact: * Rurin
Approx. Number of Players: 6
Nation Type: * Mercenary
Faction: * Nord
Recruiting: Y/N, If Y, requirements or link to them * N
Clan Thread & Website: * Clan Thread and (current) Clan Website
Lore Overview:

*Required to be considered preregistered.
Glad to hear it  :smile:  I'll update the first post with your info. I don't know if you've been following the thread but if you have, you'll notice we're a bit behind on the schedule. We ran into some issues that set us back a few days. We are however in the final stages of completing the ruleset and It'll be published shortly.

Alright, here is the new schedule: (OP will be updated as tomorrow.)

July 23th: Website goes live & Finalized ruleset is published

July 25th: Pre-registration ends & Formal registration opens

July 29th: Formal registration ends & All custom scenes are due

Aug 1st: Campaign map is published

Aug 2nd: First movement orders due :smile: ... and it begins!

A couple of questions.

On the turn cycle, will each clan have an assigned position within the turn cycle, or will it be first come first serve? (as in the first clan to send you there "moves" etc get to be the first ones to do it?)

Also, will clans be able to submit there own custom siege maps for there capitol territory?  But with restrictions, there has to be X number of entrances into the castle, then X number of paths to the flag etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom