+Previous+ Old Thread - Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that this campaign will use a custom module, how much stuff will be actually modified? Will classes and equipment be updated? Can clans have some custom clan-specific weaponry (would be cool if done right)?

Arch3r said:
Assuming that this campaign will use a custom module, how much stuff will be actually modified? Will classes and equipment be updated? Can clans have some custom clan-specific weaponry (would be cool if done right)?

The idea is to offer this campaign through native so its as accessible as possible (unless that's changed without my knowing).  "Classes" as such would be reflected in available equipment choices allotted to the troops of each specific army (we use something called "tech levels" which correspond to different tiers of armaments available to a given army)  so one army might have a higher tech level and so their cavalry may be able to use chargers and sport the heaviest armour and weapons while another with a lower tech level may only be able to use default gear.  There is currently an "armoury expansion" addition for native used by GK (and I think wK servers as well) which offer additional weapons and armour fitting to every faction.  I think either this will be used, or another armoury pack will be made to accommodate the ROCK campaign needs.  On clan-specific gear, I can't comment.

This sounds like a lot of fun, I'd love to throw sharp things at people for the highest bidder :twisted: so I'd like to sign up as a freelance mercenary.

Snoop said:
Name of Clan: The Golden Kingdom Rebels
In-game Tag: Rebel
Contact Person & Means of Contact: Tale Worlds-Snoop  Steam-Snoop or http://steamcommunity.com/id/btm454
Approx. Number of Players: 6
Nation Type: Rebellion
Faction: Rhodoks
Recruiting: Yes
Clan Thread & Website: Soon leagueofrevolution.com
Lore Overview: coming soon

:grin:

Added.

So how much time is left for people to submit custom castles designs for this?

Slytacular said:
:grin: Aha! More buggers to smash!

Thank you for reserving our spots in the Rhodok kingdom, Snoop! We could use a bit of Rhodok infantry in our armies!

You'll get your Rhodok infantry....not sure how friendly they're gonna be hehe

Scott Ray said:
Not really, you state that the character does not need to be "highborn" and then go on to state that they must be born of a noble house, aka highborn, or am I misunderstanding something?

Sorry, I've botched the explanation. Let me start over:

"Highborn" is the meta-game distinction that means you have filled out a character factsheet and your clan leader has approved it. This classification comes with the ability to hold personal property, direct armies, and spawn as a command group on the campaign map.

To be a "Highborn" you do not necessarily need to be of high birth. Again "Highborn" is simply the term we are using to distinguish the players who are eligible to hold personal property, etc.

I think the confusion comes from the noble house idea. Every landowner is required to be defined as a member of a Noble House as there are some gameplay effects. You don't necessarily have to be a noble though. If you want to RP a commoner who conquered/ was gifted his land just recently, you can.  You can then set up your own house with you as the first member. So, what we're saying is that nobility isn't a prerequisite to landownership, it is a result.

Better, but I dont entirely understand why every landowner has to be a noble, the mans still trying to keep us down.

This sounds awesome, will post our information up asap.  Hopefully this will be a success, thanks for the hard work.

Scott Ray said:
Better, but I dont entirely understand why every landowner has to be a noble, the mans still trying to keep us down.

Hmmm... well those dumb scribes that keep the family trees think that land = nobility, but if it makes you feel better, my character will think of you as a common piece of lowborn trash.    :twisted:

Keno said:
This sounds awesome, will post our information up asap.  Hopefully this will be a success, thanks for the hard work.
Cool, let me know if you have any questions.

Duke_Kenneth said:
Scott Ray said:

Hmmm... well those dumb scribes that keep the family trees think that land = nobility, but if it makes you feel better, my character will think of you as a common piece of lowborn trash.    :twisted:

Keno said:
Cool, let me know if you have any questions.

EXCELLENT NEWS!

This thread has been closed. Please see the appropriate threads in the sticky list that have taken over this threads's functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom