+Previous+ Old Thread - Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went over mercenaries (as the nation type) to some length in the discussion but what about brigands?  Will there be roaming bands of thieves or some such that we will have to deal with?  Or would existing nation types essentially be able to function as a group of bandits?

iwasbannedwtf said:
So, are you still accepting clan registrations? Any Faction/Nation type?

Yes.  :smile:

As we are experiencing technical difficulties with the 3rd party site, the clock isn't ticking on all the deadlines yet.

So, we are still considered to be in the pre-registration period, and hence: Yes, you are guaranteed your choice of faction and nation type.

That being said, Formal Registration is technically open; however, it isn't really an urgent consideration for anyone. You will have at minimum 2 weeks notice once we decide on a deadline. It may be prudent, however, to begin gathering the information required for Formal Registration, as some of it will take some time.

Duke_Kenneth said:
On that note, it was brought up at the meeting that it would probably be easier to ditch the 3rd party site and just use TaleWorlds for the campaign. So, we are currently looking into how we might request a child board under The Guildhall or Clan Hall... - if anyone can help us with that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
(Previous campaigns have been run off of a single thread, but with the complexity of this one, that seems like an invitation for disaster.)
I believe you'd have to PM an admin - as I recall, that was a bit above Flusteh's powers.

fortinbras_martel said:
I think you forgot to add my axe to the freelancing list. I signed up right after X did.

:oops: I'll do that now.

McBeverage said:
Duke_Kenneth said:
On that note, it was brought up at the meeting that it would probably be easier to ditch the 3rd party site and just use TaleWorlds for the campaign. So, we are currently looking into how we might request a child board under The Guildhall or Clan Hall... - if anyone can help us with that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
(Previous campaigns have been run off of a single thread, but with the complexity of this one, that seems like an invitation for disaster.)
I believe you'd have to PM an admin - as I recall, that was a bit above Flusteh's powers.

Thanks, will do.

Marin Peace Bringer said:
So for those of us that already registered, are we going to need to register again on the site?

Yes, pre-registration was, rather is (as it is still open), to give everyone an idea of how many/ what types/ etc. of clans will be playing. Formal Registration is more in-depth, requiring for instance, your full roster.

Slytacular said:
Where is a character sheet I can write me a character in?

Here.  :smile: - This is the form for everybody who is going to be registering as a clan leader or highborn (necessary to be able to hold land, direct armies, etc.).

I'm going to collect and condense all the information one we find out where ROCK's new home is going to be, but that is still in limbo at the moment.

Reply if you have any questions,

Ken

A couple of questions before I register for my clan.  First, for the Highborn members, can a member be added as a highborn member AFTER the campaign starts?  And also should the Nation Tag be different from the our standard clan tag or does it matter?

Thanks, and looking forward to this!  :grin:

Duke_Kenneth said:
Slytacular said:
Where is a character sheet I can write me a character in?

Here.  :smile: - This is the form for everybody who is going to be registering as a clan leader or highborn (necessary to be able to hold land, direct armies, etc.).

I'm going to collect and condense all the information one we find out where ROCK's new home is going to be, but that is still in limbo at the moment.

Reply if you have any questions,

Ken
So should we sign up our individual character, even if our clan is already admitted via pre-registration?

Scott Ray said:
Why must they all be highborn? Is there no room for a common man in this new Calradia?

[quote author=Character Factsheet]Please note that 'Highborn' does not necessarily mean that you are indeed highborn, it is a meta-game term we are using to distinguish those players who are eligible to hold land, lead armies, etc.[/quote]

So...  :wink:

Also, even though you must select or create a noble house, you can be attached to that house just through marriage, or it could be brand new (started when you got your land).

Hopefully that is clearer?

Let me know,
Ken

Not really, you state that the character does not need to be "highborn" and then go on to state that they must be born of a noble house, aka highborn, or am I misunderstanding something?

Name of Clan:Clan Cameron
In-game Tag: *CC
Contact Person & Means of Contact: *King of Scotland - Steam - themehike
Approx. Number of Players:Around 10-13
Nation Type: *Europe
Faction: *Nord preferably
Recruiting: Y/N, Yes, application at our website.
Clan Thread & Website: *Thread - Website
Lore Overview:Fiercer than the fierceness itself, a Cameron! A steady folk who relies on friends and co-warriors in battle.

Hope we can still join.

King of Scotland said:
Name of Clan:Clan Cameron
In-game Tag: *CC
Contact Person & Means of Contact: *King of Scotland - Steam - themehike
Approx. Number of Players:Around 10-13
Nation Type: *Europe
Faction: *Nord preferably
Recruiting: Y/N, Yes, application at our website.
Clan Thread & Website: *Thread - Website
Lore Overview:Fiercer than the fierceness itself, a Cameron! A steady folk who relies on friends and co-warriors in battle.

Hope we can still join.

Please modify your registration form to reflect the contents of the information below - your nation type is not your real world location, but rather an in-campaign designation describing a general feel for your group and which factions fall under that type.  Each type has benefits and drawbacks so make sure to read thoroughly.

(from the OP) "WTF is a ‘nation type’?"
Nation Type refers to the character of your clan in the campaign. Below is a list of the various nation types you can select.
When registering, you will be asked to select a “Nation Type” that describes the overall character of your guild. Note that as this is an entirely player-generated campaign, no decisions will be made for you, but the powers associated with your selection here will guide you towards a certain style of play. Considering that and the fact that your “Nation Type” cannot be changed once the campaign begins, choose wisely.

Conquering Military: Your enemies fall quickly to your disciplined armies and once you have secured them, you waste no time converting the population (by force if necessary) and establishing rule of law. After all, loyalty and unity are paramount.
  Powers:    Cultural Dominance (When recruiting armies, you may choose to create them of your starting faction, regardless of the faction of the recruitment location.)
                  Overlords (Armies count at 125% of normal value when considering population caps.)
  Factions: Swadia, Saranid, Vaegrirs

Feudal Lordship: You are content to sit in your castles and benefit from the work of your serfs/ slaves in peacetime; however, should you feel threatened, you have no difficulty assembling your bannermen and marching to war. Personal honor and defense of your homeland are your motivation.
  Powers:    Paranoia (You may not add anyone to the Trusted Commanders List that is not in your nation.)
                  Prosperity (Each production phase in which you have a territory bonus, those included within have their base Prosperity Level increased by 25%)
  Factions: Swadia, Saranid, Nords

Mercenary Company: Be it for the glory, the thrills, the gold, or to win the love of that out-of-your-league girl, you have turned war into your profession and come to rely on your fellows as brothers. Your sword is likely available to the highest bidder, for you worship diligently at the altar of gold and glory.
  Powers:    Adaptable Tactics (For the temporary penalty of one Tech Level, you may choose to morph your faction to match that of an ally you are fighting with.)
                  War, not Politics (You do not receive any bonuses for uniting territory, neither do you interrupt the territory bonuses of others.)
  Factions: Swadia, Nords, Khergits

Raiding Force: You take what you want from wherever you want, those stuffed-up arrogant lords be damned! The world is for the strongest to take and the weak to get out of the way. You pillage, plunder, rape, and loot, with little thought besides your next meal. Nothing is sacred to you.
  Powers:    Looting (Each enemy territory you cross does not produce any wealth the following two turns.)
                  Hated (Every city or capitol you attack is considered to have purchased the Town Watch upgrade.)
  Factions: Rhodoks, Nords, Khergits

Rebellion: The world has conspired against you, but no longer! You have rallied the similarly unfortunate, and risen up in a sea of blood to claim what should have been yours long ago. After ages spent beholden to ungrateful lords, your freedom and success are all that matter now.
  Powers:    Sword in the Shadows (Each turn, an army may be designated as "in the Shadows" and is invisible to all other nations.)
                  Liberators (Upon capturing a city or capitol, choose an army to swell by 25%.)
  Factions: Rhodoks, Khergits, Vaegrirs

Republic: Despite the land going up in flames around you, your motives to protect your people remain pure. Now that your land is safe you set out to educate and free the rest of the land from oppressors. You are a beacon of light and freedom in this dark medieval world.
  Powers:    Popular Love (Armies are considered to be 60% of their actual size when computing population caps. However, the maximum Tech Level of each army is one less than it otherwise would be.)
                  Personal Property (You may choose to double your production at certain territories for a turn; however, the following turn the affected territories produce nothing and no upgrades may be purchased.)
  Factions: Saranid, Rhodoks, Vaegrirs

Duke_Kenneth said:
"Highborn" is the meta-game distinction that means you have filled out a character factsheet and your clan leader has approved it. This classification comes with the ability to hold personal property, direct armies, and spawn as a command group on the campaign map.

To be a "Highborn" you do not necessarily need to be of high birth. Again "Highborn" is simply the term we are using to distinguish the players who are eligible to hold personal property, etc.

I think the confusion comes from the noble house idea. Every landowner is required to be defined as a member of a Noble House as there are some gameplay effects. You don't necessarily have to be a noble though. If you want to RP a commoner who conquered/ was gifted his land just recently, you can.  You can then set up your own house with you as the first member. So, what we're saying is that nobility isn't a prerequisite to landownership, it is a result.

Perhaps the term "highborn" should be changed to something like "proven, distinguished, respected or reputable" to fit the role more readily and avoid the noble/ignoble confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom