+Previous+ Old Thread - Closed

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slytacular said:
Hoplites and Samurai in Vaegirs? Dear me, but nobody will be wanting to mess with you guys and your cold snow!

Nobody be coming after Swadia though, we have rabbits!

... I'm pretty sure the "Hoplites" are Sarrinid... but ehh, snow/ desert same difference, really.  :wink:

KissMyAxe said:
Seems like a lot of fun. I can donate a map too, it's still played on GK Siege server, I believe:
mb1s.jpg

EDIT: I'll be away the first two weeks of the tourney so I won't freelance in any case.

Wow kiss I love this map didn't know you designed it good job.

An Open Letter to the Multiplayer Community regarding our campaign:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186209.0.html

Reminder:

Be in wk's Mumble chat tonight, Aug. 1st @ 7:30pm Pacific Standard Time to get the first look at the rules for the campaign and ask yours truly any questions you might have. :smile:

Hope to see you all there!

warbandwk.mumble.com
port 4888

Slytacular said:
NOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm missing everything. I'll be nine days of late!

No worries, really. The build-up period will span several weeks. The campaign is fairly complex and so we will be working into it gradually with registration and then a sort of 'tutorial' period. Provided that someone registers GK for you, there really should be no issue. :smile:

I have been to the ROCK sight...and it is good.

Two Three questions that arose from last nights meeting:
Combatants that will fight in the actual matches, must they specifically be apart of the clan/clans involved?  In other words, what is the match "merc" policy.
When taking over a settlement that has purchased upgrades, will you recieve these upgrades by taking control or will the settlement lose the upgrade due to being captured and you purchase them yourself as owner of that settlement?
Will every faction be granted an armoured horse for the Tech 4 Lord's Bodyguard class?  Specifically Nords which are lacking one.

Thank you Kenneth for this, this is going to be big.

Sign me up as a freelancer I guess, I don't care that much for complicated rules and whatnot, but I wouldn't mind fighting in some of the battles.

findecanno said:
Sign me up as a freelancer I guess, I don't care that much for complicated rules and whatnot, but I wouldn't mind fighting in some of the battles.

Shemaforash said:
Sign me up as a freelancer, because my clan doesn't give a **** while I do.

Done and done. However, I want to have to undo that later because I'm still holding out hope that your clans will be participating.  :razz:

BlackTide said:
Has LES not signed up for this yet?

No and there wasn't a LES rep at the mumble meeting Monday night. However, although Formal Registration is technically open, the clock still isn't ticking yet as we are experiencing difficulty with the website updating itself in a timely manner. So don't panic... yet.  :wink:

On that note, it was brought up at the meeting that it would probably be easier to ditch the 3rd party site and just use TaleWorlds for the campaign. So, we are currently looking into how we might request a child board under The Guildhall or Clan Hall... - if anyone can help us with that, I'd greatly appreciate it.
(Previous campaigns have been run off of a single thread, but with the complexity of this one, that seems like an invitation for disaster.)

And for those clans who were too lazy to show up to the meeting...  :evil: here is the information needed to understand the Formal Registration form.

[quote author=Excerpts from the Website]
Conquering Military: Your enemies fall quickly to your disciplined armies and once you have secured them, you waste no time converting the population (by force if necessary) and establishing rule of law. After all, loyalty and unity are paramount.
  Powers:    Cultural Dominance (When recruiting armies, you may choose to create them of your starting faction, regardless of the faction of the recruitment location.)
                  Overlords (Armies count at 125% of normal value when considering population caps.)
  Factions: Swadia, Saranid, Vaegrirs

Feudal Lordship: You are content to sit in your castles and benefit from the work of your serfs/ slaves in peacetime; however, should you feel threatened, you have no difficulty assembling your bannermen and marching to war. Personal honor and defense of your homeland are your motivation.
  Powers:    Paranoia (You may not add anyone to the Trusted Commanders List that is not in your nation.)
                  Prosperity (Each production phase in which you have a territory bonus, those included within have their base Prosperity Level increased by 25%)
  Factions: Swadia, Saranid, Nords

Mercenary Company: Be it for the glory, the thrills, the gold, or to win the love of that out-of-your-league girl, you have turned war into your profession and come to rely on your fellows as brothers. Your sword is likely available to the highest bidder, for you worship diligently at the altar of gold and glory.
  Powers:    Adaptable Tactics (For the temporary penalty of one Tech Level, you may choose to morph your faction to match that of an ally you are fighting with.)
                  War, not Politics (You do not receive any bonuses for uniting territory, neither do you interrupt the territory bonuses of others.)
  Factions: Swadia, Nords, Khergits

Raiding Force: You take what you want from wherever you want, those stuffed-up arrogant lords be damned! The world is for the strongest to take and the weak to get out of the way. You pillage, plunder, rape, and loot, with little thought besides your next meal. Nothing is sacred to you.
  Powers:    Looting (Each enemy territory you cross does not produce any wealth the following two turns.)
                  Hated (Every city or capitol you attack is considered to have purchased the Town Watch upgrade.)
  Factions: Rhodoks, Nords, Khergits

Rebellion: The world has conspired against you, but no longer! You have rallied the similarly unfortunate, and risen up in a sea of blood to claim what should have been yours long ago. After ages spent beholden to ungrateful lords, your freedom and success are all that matter now.
  Powers:    Sword in the Shadows (Each turn, an army may be designated as "in the Shadows" and is invisible to all other nations.)
                  Liberators (Upon capturing a city or capitol, choose an army to swell by 25%.)
  Factions: Rhodoks, Khergits, Vaegrirs

Republic: Despite the land going up in flames around you, your motives to protect your people remain pure. Now that your land is safe you set out to educate and free the rest of the land from oppressors. You are a beacon of light and freedom in this dark medieval world.
  Powers:    Popular Love (Armies are considered to be 60% of their actual size when computing population caps. However, the maximum Tech Level of each army is one less than it otherwise would be.)
                  Personal Property (You may choose to double your production at certain territories for a turn; however, the following turn the affected territories produce nothing and no upgrades may be purchased.)
  Factions: Saranid, Rhodoks, Vaegrirs
Armies are the workhorses of your nation. It is with these that you garrison your fortresses and you attack your enemies. They are considered bound to the territory and Lord that created them. This Lord, however, may add other Lords to the Trusted Commanders List to allow his allies, superiors, etc. to direct his troops in his absence. Note that only Trusted Commanders within Command Range may issue orders.
Armies has three characteristics beside ownership: Faction, Tech Level, and Size. Faction is determined by the recruitment location and defines which Warband multiplayer faction by which the army is represented (e.g. Nords, Swadia, etc.). Tech Level governs what equipment must be used when fighting as the army and is bought as an upgrade in a fortress. Size is the number of casualties an army can take before being destroyed and is determined at creation.
Each week, every nation undergoes one Turn Cycle. A Turn Cycle is comprised of several phases. The individual phases are considered to have happened in sequence. However, all the phases of the same type (e.g. all the Movement Phases) are considered to happen simultaneously.

Phase 1: Production – Instant, Results posted Monday 11:00am CST

The first thing that happens each Turn Cycle is production. Each territory under player control produces the number of denars equal to the Prosperity Level (gross) of the respective territory. Those denars are immediately deposited into the linked castle, city, or capitol. If the income is from a castle, city, or capitol itself, the denars are deposited immediately into its own treasury.

Phase 2: Movement – From Monday 11:00am CST to Wednesday 4:00am CST, Results posted Wednesday 9:00pm CST

This is the time that each Lord may issue Orders or change the Standing Orders of any agent (by which he is considered to be a Trusted Commander) within his Command Range. This is also when a Lord may edit the Trusted Commanders List of his own agents within his Command Range. This is also when all movement is considered to occur.

Phase 3: Purchases – Instant, Results posted Wednesday 9:00pm CST

If there were Orders issued in Phase 2 for Upgrading, Recruiting, or Transferring agents, this is when those are carried out.

Phase 4: Combat – Wednesday 9:00pm CST to Sunday 11:59pm CST, Results begin next Turn Cycle

Any agents from Nations that were at that time Hostile or Uneasy to each other, and that occupy the same Territory at any point during the Movement phase, immediately stop their Movement and prepare for battle. Any Hostile agents automatically attack. However, an Uneasy agent does not unless there is a Lord within Command Range and is on that Army’s Trusted Commander List who wishes it to, or it has Standing Orders which compel it to in the situation. If either agent chooses, automatically or otherwise, to attack, both are brought to battle. See the Battle section for how this then progresses. The intentions of a Lord to force a battle are due by Thursday 11:00am.
Highborn are the full and trusted members of your clan. They are required to complete a RP Character Factsheet. This however, makes them eligible to hold land and spawn as a Command Group on the campaign map. Note that a large amount of Command Groups is a distinct advantage, if your willing to risk them going rouge...
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom