Poor ole Firentis...

Users who are viewing this thread

More than Lezalit? Lezalit never complains! Our party runs out of food, and he tells me I shouldn't let it bother me because soldiers aren't supposed to whine about it anyway. That is a man for you!

Blackfish said:
No companion complains more or less than the others, they all have two dislikes and one like.

They also have events they like/dislike, and in those Firentis is a whiner. Lezalit never complains, he even likes running out of food. Nizar also never whines about events.

Captain_Octavius said:
More than Lezalit? Lezalit never complains! Our party runs out of food, and he tells me I shouldn't let it bother me because soldiers aren't supposed to whine about it anyway. That is a man for you!
Yeah, but he whines when you run away from battle, so it balances out.

Blackfish said:
No companion complains more or less than the others, they all have two dislikes and one like. Whether a given companion whines a lot or not depends on which companions you have in your party. If you have Katrin and Nizar along with him, then yeah, Firentis is going to complain a lot.

Hmm, maybe it's because I have every companion in my party (except Rolf, he's a lord) that they seem to be the ones most annoyed all the time.

Lord Brutus said:
Lezalit will complain about Bunduk and Ymira if they are in a party with him. Marnid whines if you attack a caravan.
Marnid whines about just about anything. I'd castrate him if he hadn't already lost his balls upon arriving in Calradia.

Katrin just seems to fill the "mom" role in the party, and it's always interesting to see her swinging a greatsword in the battlefield, crushing through the enemy's infantry easily. Lezalit is also a great guy, though I find his lack of tact bothersome. Why would you tell your own soldiers that they'd die from their wounds...?

Blackfish said:
Captain_Octavius said:
Yeah, but he whines when you run away from battle, so it balances out.

As he should...You and your companions are immortal... no need to worry about death (well immortal in the sense that you cannot die in this game) and your soldiers are peons who have the sole purpose in life to die if necessary for your cause.

He should complain if you chicken out and run from battle  :razz:

I guess it was naive of me to think this thread wasnt gonna turn into yet another favourite companion discussion.

Still -

I do agree Firentis is a contradiction in that he murdered and to atone he kills lots of people - logic ??

I think those people who find Firentis a moaner must play characters that loot and raid and so he never complains to me at all!!!

If we are talking about favourites then I have a newfound appreciation of Alayen who seems to be part man part Juggernaut. I suppose i can't let my true favourite Lezalit go unmentioned - he tanks it - trains and evens the odds in battles with his tactical expertise - LOVE! However these and the others pale into mere bitparts by Jeremus - he is amazing as a medic and I could not pull off what I have without him and Ymira (second medic). I have to give Baheshtur and Borcha their due - loyal super archers !

You mean Firentis the Iron Fisted? Sure, he seemed a decent enough guy at first, but since I made him lord of Uxkhal he's been on a non-stop murder spree. He's been destroying caravans, attacking peasants, and he's razed at least a dozen villages! Frankly, I'm thinking that maybe Katrin may have been right about him after all.

Remedius said:
I do agree Firentis is a contradiction in that he murdered and to atone he kills lots of people - logic ??
Well from his perspective it probably seems like he's dedicated himself to making a better Calradia... I also don't think he had a problem with killing per se (wasn't he a master of horse?), him and Katrin's horror seem to stem more out of the 'fratricide' part.

I've NEVER had Firentis complain about anything other than companions. And then I figured out which companions he doesn't like. The only thing I ever hear from him is that he like Jeremus.

Rewjeo said:
I've NEVER had Firentis complain about anything other than companions.

Try looting a village. I've done it only when desperate for cash, but without fail, every time you do so, he'll let you know he's not okay with it. Just like when Baheshtur complains about heavy casualties (even if he fails to acknowledge that our team was outnumbered like six to one and we actually put their lamellar-ed tails between their legs)

Firentis is my second favorite after Jeremus, Jerry is just so awesome the way he's 300 years ahead of his time.

Xzafierk said:
Firentis is my second favorite after Jeremus, Jerry is just so awesome the way he's 300 years ahead of his time.
Jeremus is such a friggin hypocrite in my game. He whines about me raiding one village, then when he becomes marshall of my empire, he leads a campaign to pillage every single village of the Vaegirs. I will never look at him the same.

Lord Brutus said:
Indeed, making your companions into lords makes them behave just like other lords, regardless of whatever theories they were previously expounding. Even poor ole Firentis; make him a lord and no peasant is safe.

Rapes and pillages eh?

Power does corrupt...

I like Firentis, but he ditched my party after complaining about traveling companions and about my leadership style, whatever that means. I never loot villages, although I do force the peasants to give me things if we're at war. Have to keep the troops going somehow!

Edward B. said:
Power does corrupt...

I like Firentis, but he ditched my party after complaining about traveling companions and about my leadership style, whatever that means. I never loot villages, although I do force the peasants to give me things if we're at war. Have to keep the troops going somehow!
Firentis dislikes Nizar and Katrin and picking on villagers if he is in your party.

MasterCaruyn said:
Jeremus is such a friggin hypocrite in my game. He whines about me raiding one village, then when he becomes marshall of my empire, he leads a campaign to pillage every single village of the Vaegirs. I will never look at him the same.

XD, that reminds me of a funny story/pain-in-the-butt moment with Lezalit. When you first meet him, he goes on about how he hates blue bloods and only respects discipline and hard work. After making him a lord, I promoted Ymira as well. As soon as I talked to him afterwards, he gave me the spiel about dirtying the purity of the establishment of lordship. It's a quick transformation from grizzled vet to blue-blooded snob I guess.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom