Poll to bring attention on dialect

Poll

• Hang thаt Worms, Who needs...

• Would you be so gentle,to select this option,that you think will allow you to have much more complic

• aahn..my apologies ,to complicate the uncomplicated words to have an enlighted mind.

• See Votes.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me attempt to decrypt this text into intelligible English to see if it makes any sense:

It is increasingly common among game developers to promote an agenda by exploiting scientific terminology instead of using neutral everyday lanugage. In this poll, you can vote against the use of such loaded terminology from theories developed by crazy scientists (such as the evolution of men and apes from common ancestors). Besides, this game is obviously set in a historical context, where dragons, khajiit and other fantasy creatures are manifestly absent. The aim of this poll is to present an ultimatum to the developers: "either you acquiesce to our demands or we will have no other choice but to club you to your death".

Nope, still doesn't make sense. Also, is this a threat?
could be anything really...

Let me attempt to decrypt this text into intelligible English to see if it makes any sense:

"It is increasingly common among game developers to promote an agenda by exploiting scientific terminology instead of using neutral everyday lanugage. In this poll, you can vote against the use of such loaded terminology from theories developed by crazy scientists (such as the evolution of men and apes from common ancestors). Besides, this game is obviously set in a historical context, where dragons, khajiit and other fantasy creatures are manifestly absent. The aim of this poll is to present an ultimatum to the developers: 'either you acquiesce to our demands or we will have no other choice but to club you to your death'."

Nope, still doesn't make sense. Also, is this a threat?

That was almost accurate, the last part he says he wants npcs to speak simple phrases and refer to objects in general by simplistic descriptions, like "give me your money or I will kill you" instead of "Surrender your belongings or we will cause bodily harm that will almost certainly end in loss of life" or to refer to things in a simple manner, like calling a club, well, a club, instead of saying a "a long piece of wood with a rounded end suitable for causing blunt damage" or something along those lines, which, by the way, is nowhere to be found on actual game texts.

As far as I can tell, this is a continuation of the other post that got locked because he wanted TaleWorlds to not use the term "evolve" because for him, it relates to the theory of evolution and it is offensive because he believes science is unproven nonsense and that some imaginary being usually referred to as "god" by people actually created everything.

reported for making yet another unrelated topic in the forum, please stop this madness so we can discuss the game and not ideologies,theories or faiths (which are basicly the same things, a faith is not proven thus also a theory)

A theory isn't as you professed not proven, on the contrary a scientific theory becomes a theory when it is proven. It just might be confusing since that is not how we use the word in common parlor, but that what it means in sicences, what you refer to is a hypothesis. But that is besides the point here, still felt the need to correct you on that one.

I want to say, that sure, theories aren't bulletproof they can be proven false or incomplete later on, because we obtained better methods with time or someone just made a discovery that we weren't aware of before, but then new hypothesis will be created, tested and eventually a new proven theory arises from the ashes. And the scientific method certainly is more reliable in doing so, than any other method we yet worked out.

definition of a theory according to the dictionary: a formal statement of the rules on which a subject of study is based or of ideas that are suggested to explain a fact or event or, more generally, an opinion or explanation
as such religion can be classified as a theory.
i know that in science the word theory has a slightly different meaning but in the common language it is still accepted as a theory, outside the world of science a lot of theories have no proof to back it up. (cookies keep dissapearing from the cookie jar, it is my theory that my son took them, it is the only thing that makes sense to me even if i have no proof for it).

but to get back on topic, i think mostpeople agree this topic should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom