[POLL] Let's prioritize problems of the game for developers!

What to prioritize?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hairy Yahoo

On probation
Hello,

We are the guys who have waited for this game for 8 years, we have to contribute for fixation of our game.

Here I've created a few categories and definitions below please read and choose 3 of those below that you feel need the most urgent attention!
I can't guarantee that this thread will lead to something but at least we will try! :grin:

Game Engine: Enchancements & Optimizations for game engine (better shaders, better GI etc.)
RPG Elements: Quests, story, lore, balance & Improvements to perks, stats etc, permadeath, having a family, an heir to dynasty etc.
Balance and Content: Balancing current items while adding more (like Banners for standart bearers?)
Economy & Trade: Balancing AI behaviour on deciding what to sell, when, at how much? Optimizing global prices
Ragdolls & Animations: Any tweak to animations and ragdolls
Localization and Quality of Life Improvements: Translations, UI improvements etc.
Diplomacy and Campaign AI: Balancing AI behaviour on making diplomatic decisions and choosing when to attack, when to run etc.
Battle AI & Combat Parameters: Optimizing stun duration, attack stagger, unit collision distance etc to fix weird combat. Optimizing decisions AI make when in battle, when to charge, when to run, when to go shieldwall, pathways, siege engines etc.
Modding Tools: Give modders access to hardcoded stuff
Multiplayer: Customization, more game mods, better netcode, spawn system redesign etc.

Thanks for all the input in advance.

It's really hard to just pick one, but since I have to: the only thing important enough to bring me back to the early access is a quest and interaction patch. I can deal with everything except the lack of flavor.

Good thread.

I chose :
Battle AI & combat parameters- battles are M&B games' unique defining feature above all others. The implementation of melee combat is without peer on the market. Battles are the one thing the player experiences again and again. They need to be implemented as perfectly as possible and continuously improved to ensure the games continued success.

Diplomacy & campaing AI - battles and campaign depend on one another. The campaign provides context for the battles, makes them different from one another, gives them flavor. A must to improve.

Modding tools - honestly, third place can go to many points; Balance, economy, content are all important, are all necessary to be worked on, to make sure Bannerlord can realize its potential. Modding, however, can make the game sell for years after release, enabling Taleworlds to improve on the game for a long time. To me, investing in a solid Modding environment as soon as feasibly possible is THE investment into the games future.

Ceterum censeo it should be possible to throw riders off their horses without killing the mount.

modding tool would be the most efficient thing to do

devs then can take their time with releaseing updates after mod tools is released to modders

and modders can take this opportunity to create their mods in this panademic

people with constant whining posts will stop posting useless posts

maybe some modders would be able to fix some bugs that the devs didnt find yet

i mean now without mod tools and the community is doing an amazing job with mods , imagine with mod tools

hope they prioritize it

For me:

- Siege AI. Solve path finding with ladders and correct use of siege towers (wait until the top platform is full of soldiers before open the ramp) as top ones. It is absolute heart breaking looking your troops on the ground meanwhile there are free ladders to use, or waiting in front of the inner door without trying to break it for unknown reason.o_O

- Parties control: Being able to control clan's parties is a must, if each one does what they want without any kind of coordination the clan concept is a no sense. Clan's power (parties) must work together to archive clan's objectives (what the player has in mind).:unsure:

- Campaign AI: Faction decisions should pursuit a goal, and be realistic according their power. No war! war! war! because ... who knows :roll:

Very constructive thread.

I would want to list one more option of Kingdom/Faction gameplay, which was one of the missing pieces mentioned by devs in early access announcement. But yea it was like it is a goal so. Giving their current pace and this tough time, I can see this may never be a priority.

Pretty much align with op on category, so For me:

RPG elements: Something to turn the wheel, to make the world moving. The game is set to be a loop, now it's just stuck.

Modding Tools: Yep.

(Kingdom/Faction gameplay: I assumed it is irrelevant anyway.)

At least someone showed some love for Ragdoll animations :grin:

All jokes aside, I think TaleWorlds should think about an early release of the mod tools. However has there been other games that released mod tools during EA phase?

Modding tools are not that good at this stage as every major patch might break something and by the time game releases mod author might quit already. Mods are good, but not during the Early Access.

RPG Elements by far. I could play this game for months if the NPCs were interesting enough. Everything I do feel devoid of reason without NPCs actually reacting to my doings.

Combat AI: sloppy AI, useless inf and cav, tiny ugly maps un-fit for the giant endless battles. A big bonus would be being able to save formations and choose placement on the map before battle too. I'd be happy for now if horseys can actually hit guys and guys can hold up shields though.

Diplomacy and Campaign: Can I please just give a mother ****er a castle? Can I just tell them to stay back and watch the new fief while I go smash and grab 2 more? Can the AI stop getting freebies and go work it's *** after loosing all it's troops! I want to see them spend 30 days building their party on looters and getting sad when there's no warhorses in the store. Ooooh booh hooh guess it's all khuzait footmen for you big guy. Can my best Friends leave my stuff alone? It's not even profitable to raid in this game why would they do that to me? Can they change target after they run away or get defeated and...this is big brave idea...NOT CHOOSE THE SAME TARGET FOR 30 days? Run away from a siege, okay they can't do that again for 30 days. Run away from a fief raid, no more for 30 days.

And of course, prison..... can I please build a special one for my special friends who I just don't want to hurt anymore on the battlefield? A special proson with no forced ransomer and little chance for escape?

I'm assuming RPG element include character building and progression, that very important and lacking atm. Level 1 and level 24 are almost the same guy.
I love the feeling in warband of planing out my char and feeling I've really made an awesome game changing build!
In BL it's more....... well I guess this skill kinda works...... but nothing really matters. High archery and riding are helpful but it's still just a drop in the bucket of over all warfare. I want my character to matter and my choices to matter!
I want max surgery FAST! It's so good in warband to make a female noble with high int and just blast her to 26 int and read the books and have 14 surgery at the start of the game! Makes me feel like the smartest in the ****ing world!

Most things works ok-ish, but I rate the lack of diplomacy options highest right now. Though to be frank I know nothing about coding etc, so no idea if that's needed. I read they are working on that apparently.

A more fleshed out diplomacy would be amazing to keep things fresh both pre/in/during/after wars.

This is really a unrealistic post - poll. As devs will be bug fixing / balancing ATM, once done, then they will look at non-serious issues.

You should divide all these points by "How serious" these issues are. Obviously bug fixes / crashes will be first ..etc

Please, for the love of god, lets get some MP updates. MP is basically dead, and it's because combat is horrendous. I really wish TW would listen to what the community has to say. Combat should be fixed immediately.
SP got a nice dev post saying where exactly their priorities are, and what they are planning.
Meanwhile MP got a very vague post essentially saying "we are working on tweaking stuff."
One other thing that I would very much appreciate is a rough timeline on what the devs are working on, giving reasoning for their decisions, and what to look forward to. It would be awesome for the devs to be more transparent on what they are working on.
As of now, I really want to love Bannerlord, but can't fully because of many different issues

Have to go with RPG elements, more immersion and more interaction and variety. Also, I'm starting to be one of those people who wants to see the perks get some decent polish.

I can look past a lot of the problems if you can make me feel a connection to the game world.

Back
Top Bottom