POLL: ATI card owners with drivers 10.7 or higher -- Graphics issues (WB 1.132)?

Do you have graphics issues with ATI drivers version 10.7 or higher (WB 1.132)?

• Yes, I (sometimes) have invisible textures, distortions, etc.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No, I don't have any graphical issues at any time (so far).

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

It went from first picture(before patch), to the picture number 2 <3
There are still some weird issues around, but: I don't care because they not consistent, and their not really noticeable.

Updated first post and title to reflect patch 1.132.

Good to see that TW fixed it relatively quickly!

Thanks to all participants for helping out with voting and for increasing awareness of the graphics issues!

Karel said:
Sorry but I can't agree.  I'm still waiting the steam patch....

I suppose that is technically not entirely TW's fault (- steam at least is partly responsible, if not fully, for not distributing the already existing latest patch).

Karel said:
Lol, always the fault of steam. They must upload the patch on it you know.

I personally don't use steam so I can't rate its service, but maybe TW is waiting to see how the patch fares before they upload it to steam, or maybe there is another reason (- maybe even something as trivial as the time difference and you'll have the patch on steam on the next business day on Monday instead of Friday). Bottom line seems to be that as a steam user you are at the mercy of both steam and TW in order to get the patch.

Yep sadly steam is behind atm on the patching process, been waiting for this patch to roll over to steam version and now being monday the 4th of oct (in australia) im getting anxious and holding my breath hoping that it will come soon.

Presently the only way around the Graphical issue for myself has been to ALT TAB out of the game and back, this can happen as much as 3 or 4 times every half hour and is taking the fun away from the game for myslef having to do so, especially during a battle or such.

Using 10.8 for Win 7 64Bit and then tried 10.9 Hotfix with profiles and no luck in the graphical issue'(s), i love this game and its predecessor and i am feeling pained at present.

On a side note can i download the Trial from the download page and then use my Key for the game that i purchased off steam to activate the trial into a full version, as this would save me waiting on steam for a patch and future patches from steam?

thanks for reading

irogue said:
On a side note can i download the Trial from the download page and then use my Key for the game that i purchased off steam to activate the trial into a full version, as this would save me waiting on steam for a patch and future patches from steam?

yes. you can do that.

Update:
There might still be a few graphics glitches even after 1.132 ... Try starting a new game. When you complete the initial conversation with the merchant and arrive on the map, is your character invisible?

In my experience, the answer is yes. Upon moving he immediately becomes visible though.  I have also rarely encountered invisible textures in battle fields (weapons and shields were invisible) and water not being rendered (instead of water there is only sky textures).

Commenting out the buffer_size lines again, seems to fix these issues.

On the bug forum the issue has also already been reported by Token (3 days ago):
http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3213

I've still been having some graphics issues in WB as well, but they aren't nearly as consistent as they were before and are fixable by just reopening a menu. Map also glitched out on me like it did in pre-1.132 once so far, going to another city and leaving it fixed it.

Well, after a bit more playing, the problem is still there but it is fixed by alt-tabbing out of the game and back in.
The good thing is that the game is playable again
The bad thing is they didn't fix it totally
Am i seeing a scheme here?
1.131 bad
1.132 better
1.133 best
Hmmm...

ATI grinds my gears

i have purchased two separate ATI cards and had tons of problems with games with both of them.  admittedly it was a while ago, but it is sad to see they havnt gotten their act together

never shall i buy ati again

long live nvidia

I can now actually get past the menu screen and start the game, thanks for that!

However, in game I now get occasional black screens when moving from town to world map or vice versa. Alt-tabbing does fix it though. But it does stutter pretty heavily frequently and the map screen is absolutely terrible for it.

I had graphic bugs with the ATI Radeon HD 4870, when I updated the driver to 10.10 the graphic bugs are so far gone. But then again I stumbled upon another issue when I am in a battle; Stuttering, sometimes the game just stops for about 100-600 ms (SP). I had no issues with that with the last driver. I am running the Steam version, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Is there someway to turn on some kind of debugging feature? So I can post some logs etc.
I know in Linux you can just run a program from the terminal with the added " < log.txt". Is there a similiar way to do it in Windows? Or don't M&B: WB produce any outputs? I know when running Windows software/games from the command-line, the software starts and the command line returns to it's default state.

Ok, so does this generally mean 10.10 is go for launch? I've been holding on to 10.6 for a while now, working great, but they are now having issues with other games so I'd like to upgrade if 10.10 works well enough with MBW :smile:

Is this the problem related to running dx9?, i can run 7 just not 9 or else my ground looks like the sky and walls will be white at times and sometimes armor and stuff is red or green or whatever color it wants to be for the particular time

Back
Top Bottom