Need More Info Game crashing when launched via launcher, Graphical issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Recently reinstalled the game after a couple of year away and discovered the game constantly crashes, to make this worse when i eventually get into game i get weird graphic glitches like my GPU is artifacting followed by direct_d3d errors, i have tried deleting programdata etc as suggested from topics over 4 years old and the issue just pops back up.

I have found a workaround for the time being, if i launch the game using Bannerlord.exe from the games main directory i can play the game perfectly fine, no issues with this for over 12 hours now, but as soon as i launch the game from the Launcher i will crash within 10 minutes.

No mods, clean install.

Summary:
How to Reproduce: Launch game from launcher
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media : (Unable to post links due to account age, will post when allowed)

Computer Specs
:
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080ti
GPU Driver Version: 551.86
CPU: Ryzen 7800x3d
RAM: 32gb DDR5 6000
Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming B650-PLUS
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): m.2 Western Digital Black Edition

Last edited:
See my answer on the other thread, definitely a GPU driver issue. Try older versions of your driver. Others have found issues with the latest AMD driver, possible even Nvidia too.

Could you try the workaround below and report back please?
Can you try deleting the contents of "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" folders and verifying your game files?

This crash is a GPU crash. Which does not result from our code. You can try to update your GPU drivers or install an old version of the drivers to fix it. Also, there is a not guaranteed fix/workaround you can try:
Unfortunately, the crash you have experienced is a GPU crash. Sadly we can't directly offer support on these cases. You can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This crash is a GPU crash. Which does not result from our code. You can try to update your GPU drivers or install an old version of the drivers to fix it. Also, there is a not guaranteed fix/workaround you can try:
How is this even possible when i can play the game perfectly fine using the .exe or -native.exe directly?

Heres another update: I reverted the game version back to v1.2.7 and it runs fine from the launcher, however as soon as i go to v1.2.8 or v1.2.9 i immediantly get GPU crashes..

Still dont belive this is a GPU problem.

Are those Bannerlord.exe and Bannerlord.Native.exe? Just want to make sure.
Hi, yes from the games main directory (steam), i will add full path once home later.

Edit* Full Paths:

E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.Native.exe

Both these .exe run perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Ok so not sure what has changed but the game is now working from the launcher....

I enabled the birth and age mod in the launcher and played the game, it asked me if i wanted to start with the new module, game ran ok, restarted and tested another 2 times and the game is now working... really confused.

Back
Top Bottom