Please remove cavalry from skirmishes

Users who are viewing this thread

be completely unpunishable by anyone not holding a projectile or spear.
Which is why in my medium infantry thread I made it such a big deal that every infantry class needed convenient access to spears.

At the end of the day if a player can’t figure out how to use a spear that’s the players problem and not a game balance problem. The hard counters to this class are available to nearly every infantry class, and available in varying forms to every faction. I wish the 100g units could take a spear with a shield as well.

I see a disturbing amount of infantry mains taking throwing weapons and shield perks instead of spears, and then being all surprised pikachu faced when they can’t be the area denial to cav that their class was intended for. I’m going to main inf in scramble league and show the new gen how it’s done. It’s not as complicated as some people are making it out to be.

Cav could definitely have its speed reduced across the board, but it’s no longer a world beater. I think after scramble league is finished the consensus will be that Archer is the go to class for hard carrying a team, and it will remain that way until we see larger and more consistent shields given out to the inf classes.

Which is why in my medium infantry thread I made it such a big deal that every infantry class needed convenient access to spears.

At the end of the day if a player can’t figure out how to use a spear that’s the players problem and not a game balance problem. The hard counters to this class are available to nearly every infantry class, and available in varying forms to every faction. I wish the 100g units could take a spear with a shield as well.

I see a disturbing amount of infantry mains taking throwing weapons and shield perks instead of spears, and then being all surprised pikachu faced when they can’t be the area denial to cav that their class was intended for. I’m going to main inf in scramble league and show the new gen how it’s done. It’s not as complicated as some people are making it out to be.

Cav could definitely have its speed reduced across the board, but it’s no longer a world beater. I think after scramble league is finished the consensus will be that Archer is the go to class for hard carrying a team, and it will remain that way until we see larger and more consistent shields given out to the inf classes.
Dedicated spearman are easier to pressure in this game than in Warband, I hated how early stab animations hit in the last update, but in the current update you have to be way too far away to make them work, playing spearman is 0 fun in this update. But overall that's far from the largest problem, the problem is a cav who makes a mistake, should be punishable, spear or not. A cav who's moving is pretty much unpunishable by 1h weapons, and there is very little to stop a cav outside of spears given how maneuverable cavalry are with their quick speed changes, and how cav's momentum is not broken by running into their own team, even the hitting objects rearing you mechanic is either inconsistent/easily avoidable from what cavalry I tried in this update.
If an archer player is a hard carry in this update, even a mediocre cav player can sit on them indefinitely very easily.

Back
Top Bottom