PIN: List of profitable workshop locations

Users who are viewing this thread

My brewery in Rhotae does pretty well. Much better than my brewery in Pravend. (the brewery in Pravend does okay.) I honestly can't see any reason for the difference though. I built a pottery shop in Ocs Hall that that did really well.

I bought the vintner (wine press) in Galend and that was a huge mistake. It did really poorly despite the availability of cheap grapes. I bought the existing smitty in Rovalt and that was a stinker as well. I bought an existing wood working shop once and that was pretty bad too. I am beginning to think that buying an active business is actually a bad idea. At least it seems to be when I do it.
Can you post the profit number averages so i can add to the list at top

Made a little guide for these interested. Feel free to contribute.

Ps: not meaning to steal this topic. This topic is about top locations. The guide is about understanding why.

The thing with those pointers is that everything is still so random.

Like the guy who posted
N. Empire - Epicrotea - smithy - 400

I tried that today and the profits were similar to his post.
Problem is based on your pointers, it shouldnt be the case since the only thing produced by the villages is iron but the quantity is low and price was high in my campaign.
Although I did forget to check out the level of the barracks for the militia to take into account the weapons consumption

Well, i have:

A pottery in jalmarys that has earned up to 900 a day

A jewelry shop in ostyria that earns about 400 a day
A brewery in amyltatis, zeonica and rothea that earn between 400-600 a day

And a few others that I tried and sold. It's not that hard, check the guide I posted.

Is there any logic to the profitability of the different shops? Let's say you build a smithy in a city with little access to iron ore?
It this was in place it would bee even nicer to be able to control your companion's caravans by creating an 'automatic trading route' (what and where to buy/sell, with price limits). If we could build a warehouse in that city we could pick 'unload into warehouse' instead of selling to the city. If we were able to control the caravans like this we could even use them to resupply the Army (food, or even bringing extra troops etc.)

So, in Warband, the weavery/dyeworks tended to generate the most weekly income in most (not all) cities. I always perceived this wasn't because it was inherently the most profitable (as measured by a percentage), but simply because the prices of the raw materials (dye, silk) and finished product (velvet) were so high to start with, so the denar difference was a lot larger as well, compared to, for example, a brewery which converted cheap grain into cheap ale at similar profitability.

If so, and if there's a similar dynamic in Bannerlord (two big "if's", admittedly), then maybe we (myself included) have been looking at this wrong, and should be focusing on product/material cost at least as much as location/raw-material-availability. What are the typical performances of workshops characterized by high-cost materials and product?

In the list above, I see no velvet examples and only one jeweler (which does seem to be doing okay as a single data point). On the other hand, a quick glance down the list indicates that pottery is performing quite well, although perhaps confined to Empire cities in that regard. (lol, I don't even know what the typical prices of clay/pottery are; I might be killing my hypothesis right there).

Granted, this concept focuses on single-unit price and ignores selling in bulk (a factor which I don't think affected Warband model as much, but there's a LOT more items floating around the marketplaces in Bannerlord). At same profitability, selling, say, 10 or 20 beer can equal or exceed selling one piece of jewelry or velvet, for example. So I might be completely wrong. But I thought it was worth contributing the thought to this thread as we try to figure it out.

How much time do you wait before casting your verdict? Plus make sure that the workshop is in an economically safe environment otherwise prices won't ever be stable.

So far the best for me are breweries at places with grain and potteries in general but in places with clay it's even better (like up to 900 a day in good times).

How much time do you wait before casting your verdict? Plus make sure that the workshop is in an economically safe environment otherwise prices won't ever be stable.

So far the best for me are breweries at places with grain and potteries in general but in places with clay it's even better (like up to 900 a day in good times).
Lol on my map its never going to be economically safe.
All the prices are inflated due to mass wars

We can only see if theres a basic trend between local resources and quantity/price is a consistent thing with more data

See the cities tab here. Thanks to eGoSiGns.

See the cities tab here. Thanks to eGoSiGns.
Nice. But my Brewery in Sanala never generated 572 Denars. Not anywhere near as much. ?
But in general it's a good guideline to profitable workshops, thanks. I knew Sanala is a good spot for a brewery when I saw three villages close by with grain as their main production.

Back
Top Bottom