Perisno 0.9 - The Main Thread (HF6 - February 04, 2019, 08:10:15 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Plasquar said:
The only solution I see is VERY heavy infantry.
Dwarves seems to be the solution. But in order to accquire their best units You should be friendly with them since training mountain keepers or iron guardsmen by your own at the beggining of the game is almost impossible (considering required experience). Here is the exact formula for minimum relations with a given faction to rescue prisoners:

If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 40, you can recruit a soldier of any level.
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 0, you can recruit all of those whose level is smaller than yours+2x*persuasion

It's not like You have to stick with the dwarves if You don't like their look, its just for the "greater good"  :smile:

Plasquar said:
I think Savigo is right, the leaf bombs are probably not strong enough to deal any damage to the heavy armored TTL guys.
bear in mind, that leaf bombs make them crazy for little... takes 10-15s to see them fighting each other  :roll:

bear in mind, that leaf bombs make them crazy for little... takes 10-15s to see them fighting each other

Am I wrong or only direct hit (not aoe) makes them go berserk (and its not 100% chance)? If that's true, then its very unlikely to trigger a lot of mind controlls if leaf bombs are used against shieldwall.

Savigo said:
Am I wrong or only direct hit (not aoe) makes them go berserk (and its not 100% chance)? If that's true, then its very unlikely to trigger a lot of mind controlls if leaf bombs are used against shieldwall.
it does some effect on other troops - 20-25p (?) - with small range i believe, makes chaos...

i equipped household guards with this bombs and their are quite effective in all situations

Plasquar said:
Just you wait guys. These elephant units will save me one day!  :iamamoron:

Dantelh said:
Aroulo Bombers could wipe them out.

I think Savigo is right, the leaf bombs are probably not strong enough to deal any damage to the heavy armored TTL guys.

Some testing shows 60 Master Hurlers can kill the first 100 units to spawn. They do cause madness frequently, but stun enemies too quickly to make use of it. Without infantry to shield them, they'll lose a lot of forces, though you can bulk up on custom hurlers plus strong infantry to protect them. Custom hurlers would have nearly the same stats, only lower throwing. They could take a lot of time to train, though they can double as infantry with shields.

The biggest downside to using hurlers would be the time it takes to recruit them, especially if you're short on time. It would be faster to hire elite infantry in bulk, but the cost would be expensive. I don't know what the time difference is in training infantry vs hurlers, though I assume it would be faster than training Dwarfs or Giants.

clock4orange said:
i equipped household guards with this bombs and their are quite effective in all situations

The question is, would they be more effective in all situations with the bow or crossbow.

Some testing shows 60 Master Hurlers can kill the first 100 units to spawn

Interesting. Do You have any link for that testing results? I might test it out by my own, I'm quite curiuous.

Savigo said:
clock4orange said:

The question is, would they be more effective in all situations with the bow or crossbow.
I give them bow and arrows (and 2h venetorian sword with bonus against shields) as well, so they use bombs first, then arrows, at last some of them

Savigo said:
clock4orange said:

Some testing shows 60 Master Hurlers can kill the first 100 units to spawn

Interesting. Do You have any link for that testing results? I might test it out by my own, I'm quite curiuous.

I wasn't able to record it, and it took a bunch of work to cheat myself some hurlers without spending some time recruiting and mashing X. I can say they're easily picked off by archers and spears, they'll also have some trouble throwing when clumped or in certain areas, but they wipe the archers fast and break through the first wave, possibly allowing an infantry charge. They need at least Valahir to block the arrows, I'm sure Dwarfs are too small. They're viable for someone who plans to keep the hurlers or find them as a worthy sacrifice, but if someone is training heavy infantry anyways they could just double the load. The only problem with only infantry is the inability to clear a passage into the walls.

Was something changed to where enemies are much harder to knock out instead of kill. Because now it seems like despite fielding a lot of blunt weapons that only about 1/10th of the defeated enemies get knocked unconscious. I don't remember this in .8, so is this new? If so, is there a way to boost my efficiency? :neutral:

The chance to kill instead of knockout is 50%, because it was too easy to farm money through prisoners. Changed in 0.9, it's advised to read changelog,questions already asked and answered and use proper topic next time instead of starting a new one just for one question.

Well I guess what I should have said my issue is, is that it seems like the odds have been way lower than that for me or my troops to knock enemies out. It could just be bad luck, but so far it's been consistently low and I only have them armed with blunt weapons.

so when will the new armor craft (helmets and shields) patch will be released?
i just love this mod and most of my warband playtime spent on perisno
thank you for making this awesome mod

Man, I remember picking this mod up when it was still in .7 and thinking it was great. Something about the high-powered characters and aesthetics hit me in a way that PoP never really did. I was really hopeful it would be complete one day, and it's looking like that day isn't too far off now. Thanks a lot all involved for making my favorite M&B:W Mod and giving me a lot of enjoyment that nothing else could at the time  :party:

CiptaJaya said:
There will be no more updates for 0.9, unless some critical bug is discovered.
So the changes to crafting system will only be available when 1.0 comes out which will happen... ehh... no idea.

Leonion said:
CiptaJaya said:
So the changes to crafting system will only be available when 1.0 comes out which will happen... ehh... no idea.

well ok then,thanks for the info
i'll just wait,maybe i'll make some fanarts in the mean time if i'm not busy with my job

Leonion said:
CiptaJaya said:

Do you plan to undo your changes to factions going to war? Like revert whatever makes them super aggressive now and swallowing small factions in no time. The drahara are profitting massively from this, as they swallow all small factions around them even faster.

[/quote]

Do you plan to undo your changes to factions going to war? Like revert whatever makes them super aggressive now and swallowing small factions in no time. The drahara are profitting massively from this, as they swallow all small factions around them even faster.
[/quote]
Yeah I had this happen a couple weeks into my new game. Reich just completely curbstomped Sut Giants and Cretas.

In my game, cretas was instantly eliminated by the reich. Drahara took sut, and the reich took demaig castle. Drahara then took kilnar keep and wiped out kuulan. Poor kuulan... they cannot defend a town to save their lives. They are so bad at defending, especially against 6000 draharans who come crashing down on them.

hipp522 said:
In my game, cretas was instantly eliminated by the reich. Drahara took sut, and the reich took demaig castle. Drahara then took kilnar keep and wiped out kuulan. Poor kuulan... they cannot defend a town to save their lives. They are so bad at defending, especially against 6000 draharans who come crashing down on them.

The Kuu-lan are in a sad place. They're such a unique faction, but they seem confused at times, and with constant Hakkon wars they never get anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom