Perisno 0.9 - The Main Thread (HF6 - February 04, 2019, 08:10:15 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonion said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
What do you mean with post-anti-ctd-patch?
I have Perisno 0.9 with all 5 hotfixes, can I use it?
I mean any version that was released after the anti-ctd patch on the 31st of october 2018.
And yes.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try it and run some tests.

Caineghis said:
Is the armor on the loading screen obtainable?

Nope, it is the old armor of the Perisno Champion. A new and better version using its style will probably be released with Perisno 1.0. Check this out: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,379855.msg9060203.html#msg9065203.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post. As SirWombat said that armor is not in the mod.

Caineghis said:

Nope, it is the old armor of the Perisno Champion. A new and better version using its style will probably be released with Perisno 1.0. Check this out: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,379855.msg9060203.html#msg9065203.
I'm referring to this, not the Perisno Champion.
jmanzDN.jpg

Caineghis said:
Caineghis said:

I'm referring to this, not the Perisno Champion.
jmanzDN.jpg
No it's not, sorry to disappoint.

Lag'ier Barlida said:
So what hotfix 6 changed?
Mainly the custom armor
Leonion's notes:
A few notes about custom armor:
1) Crafting presentation can be found in camp => take an action
2) This system relies on operation that was obviously poorly tested by tw devs and it initially caused ctds in certain cases and didn't work for boots and gloves before workarounds were found. So just in case I highly recommend saving your game before crafting.
3) For now, body armor, boots and gloves are implemented. And I've run out of reserved placeholder items, so helmets, shields and increased number of craftable custom armors will come later with save-incompatible patch.
4) Custom boots and gloves cannot be used without custom body armor. That's forced by engine limitations.
5) Only your natural, learned engineer skill is taken into account when it's assessed whether you can craft a certain piece of armor or not.
6) To select the design, click on the image of the armor.
7) Female frames don't work, and there is no way I can think of to make them work. All custom armor (with the exception of female-only armor) will look masculine on any gender. That's another engine limitation.
8.) Custom armor is quite demanding both CPU- and GPU-wise. Using it for yourself and companions is fine but I don't recommend giving it to household guards unless you have a powerful PC.
9) Custom gloves will lack arm plates (when such are present in the original item), they will be just... hand gloves.

No idea if anything else is changed.

Yes, custom armor is the only notable update.
Other than that, crazy diplomacy was "tuned down" a bit, a couple of minor bugs were fixed, but that's all.

Other than that, crazy diplomacy was "tuned down" a bit
No more spontaneous world wars? That's sad...
Still have no time to test those custom armors though (and blow up PC by sending 500 stylish households into battle with maxed BS :mrgreen:)

I feel like the fights are less fun in 0.9, they always feel the same and less interesting. I don't like how the enemy cavalry always yolo-charges at the start and there are no tactics with the enemy. Was it always like this with this mod and I am imagining things or what changed?

Alecian said:
I feel like the fights are less fun in 0.9, they always feel the same and less interesting. I don't like how the enemy cavalry always yolo-charges at the start and there are no tactics with the enemy. Was it always like this with this mod and I am imagining things or what changed?

No. It's because of the absence of PBOD. Join our crusade, sister or brother, to restore it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380095.0.html.

Dago Wolfrider said:
Alecian said:

No. It's because of the absence of PBOD. Join our crusade, sister or brother, to restore it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,380095.0.html.

Has there been any word why? Incompatability with 0.9? That is a real shame. I don't see the fun in fighting battles where enemies are all "F3-ing", just charging randomly towards designated enemy. Instead of keeping one formation. I am trying out a hilarious long-pike version of my own mercenary army now which I use as frontline, and I really wish enemies were coming towards me in a formation for a more fun battle. It also looks a lot more epic. Not to mention so many things the mod gives that makes it harder to "game" the enemy.

I don't want to sound like a negativist. I love this mod the most by far of any M&B mod, but that is a big negative with it, that it loses the advanced tactics

Alecian said:
Dago Wolfrider said:
Alecian said:

Has there been any word why? Incompatability with 0.9? That is a real shame. I don't see the fun in fighting battles where enemies are all "F3-ing", just charging randomly towards designated enemy. Instead of keeping one formation. I am trying out a hilarious long-pike version of my own mercenary army now which I use as frontline, and I really wish enemies were coming towards me in a formation for a more fun battle. It also looks a lot more epic. Not to mention so many things the mod gives that makes it harder to "game" the enemy.

I don't want to sound like a negativist. I love this mod the most by far of any M&B mod, but that is a big negative with it, that it loses the advanced tactics

I do love this mod and I do support it as much as I can, that's why I did create that poll in the first place: once you love something ( I DO UNDERLINE SOMETHING ) you want it to be the best. Perisno 0.9 without PBOD is not the best Perisno 0.9 possible. I am sure Leonion and the other developers will consider readding it one day.

P.S. As far as I know they did not add it for two reasons: not every computer can handle it and they had to solve the CTDs problem already. This needs confirmation.

P. P. S. The first part of my post is just an opinion of mine of course. Just to be crystal clear.

Alecian said:
it loses the advanced tactics
The only thing Perisno loses is Artificial Idiot a.k.a. Dance Simulator that makes enemy soldiers extremely passive and gives a huge advantage to the player.

Beating enemies with PBOD enabled is like beating a baby.

Leonion said:
Alecian said:
The only thing Perisno loses is Artificial Idiot a.k.a. Dance Simulator that makes enemy soldiers extremely passive and gives a huge advantage to the player.

I actually think its a lot easier to beat enemies that have all their cavalry suicidecharge first, then followed by their infantry scattered and archers who are running too. Compared to with PBOD when they stick together, and cav + infantry charges at same time very close, so you get hit by everything at same time. I understand the passivity thing and what you mean, it is very easy to just ride around them on my mount and shoot them from behind, which is stupid, without me getting attacked. But still, I think the positives heavily outweigh the negatives, but yea it is a matter of how you want the battles. I like formation fighting a lot, so to me it is a stronger positive, but I understand your viewpoint too which is valid. Shame that we disagree!

Alecian said:
Leonion said:
Alecian said:

I actually think its a lot easier to beat enemies that have all their cavalry suicidecharge first, then followed by their infantry scattered and archers who are running too. Compared to with PBOD when they stick together, and cav + infantry charges at same time very close, so you get hit by everything at same time. I understand the passivity thing and what you mean, it is very easy to just ride around them on my mount and shoot them from behind, which is stupid, without me getting attacked. But still, I think the positives heavily outweigh the negatives, but yea it is a matter of how you want the battles. I like formation fighting a lot, so to me it is a stronger positive, but I understand your viewpoint too which is valid. Shame that we disagree!

I like how you expressed your point. Totally agreed.

EDIT: Most times as soon as I kill an enemy unit or the leader of the party otherwise, the enemy troops charge, not as "suicidally" as in the PBOD less version though.

Are the hotfixes each their own thing or does each new patch contain the older patches? Meaning, does patch 6 contain patches 1-5 also, or do I have to download and install all the patches seperately in numerical order?

Leonion said:
hipp522 said:
do I have to download and install all the patches seperately in numerical order?
Can you see links to these patches somewhere?  :wink:

Well, I missed a few patches, haven't been keeping up with them 100%, and don't feel like searching for them if I don't have to. Am I good with just the most recent one?

if older patches were necessary (and the current one wasn't cumulative), I would surely keep the links to them and wouldn't leave only 1 link in the main thread.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom