Perisno 0.9 - The Main Thread (HF6 - February 04, 2019, 08:10:15 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

hipp522 said:
Playing patch 6, I don't get any loot from helping my faction siege a town. Bug? Intended feature? Hopefully a bug.
Was your contribution important?
If you were, say, a single person with a couple of companions who joined a 3k marshal army, then your loot_probability is roughly 0.

Although I remember fixing something like that in PNB, but probably didn't transfer that change to Perisno...

Leonion said:
hipp522 said:
Playing patch 6, I don't get any loot from helping my faction siege a town. Bug? Intended feature? Hopefully a bug.
If you were, say, a single person with a couple of companions who joined a 3k marshal army, then your loot_probability is roughly 0.

Although I remember fixing something like that in PNB, but probably didn't transfer that change to Perisno...

Contribution only equates to my current party size versus how many allies are in the siege, and not something like how many enemies I kill? I can't remember the exact numbers but I had about 80 in my party versus 1000 allies.

hipp522 said:
Leonion said:
hipp522 said:

Contribution only equates to my current party size versus how many allies are in the siege, and not something like how many enemies I kill? I can't remember the exact numbers but I had about 80 in my party versus 1000 allies.

What's the max looting skill of your party? Low looting + not too many units = no loot.

Dago Wolfrider said:
hipp522 said:
Leonion said:
hipp522 said:

What's the max looting skill of your party? Low looting + not too many units = no loot.

Leonion said:
hipp522 said:
Contribution only equates to my current party size versus how many allies are in the siege, and not something like how many enemies I kill?
Yes, except it's not "how many", but "how strong".

Is there a point where getting loot would be basically guaranteed? If this is one of your attempts to reduce sources of income then maybe denying loot entirely isn't the best way to do it, just limit the value of loot received for the same or similar formula based on contribution. Not getting loot from helping in sieges takes a lot of the fun out of the game for me, in its current state.

Alright, I've searched for an answer nearly everywhere and I have not found one yet. How do you actually "defeat" the Zann? I mean defeat in the sense of eliminating their faction from the game so on the faction screen it says "The Zann Dynasty has been defeated!" as shown here. I've been doing my full run of Perisno for a little over a week on and off now and I literally own the entire map. There are no Zann vassals or spearheads or hordes running around (I used CTRL T cheat to check) but they are still alive. They own literally nothing and have no vassal lord armies or spearheads or hordes anywhere on the map. They only have their little tiny Reinforcement armies or Raider armies that continuously respawn. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here? I did the quests for Shi Jin to stop the hordes from spawning. 

~Midnight~ said:
Alright, I've searched for an answer nearly everywhere and I have not found one yet. How do you actually "defeat" the Zann? I mean defeat in the sense of eliminating their faction from the game so on the faction screen it says "The Zann Dynasty has been defeated!" as shown here. I've been doing my full run of Perisno for a little over a week on and off now and I literally own the entire map. There are no Zann vassals or spearheads or hordes running around (I used CTRL T cheat to check) but they are still alive. They own literally nothing and have no vassal lord armies or spearheads or hordes anywhere on the map. They only have their little tiny Reinforcement armies or Raider armies that continuously respawn. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here? I did the quests for Shi Jin to stop the hordes from spawning.
Don't quote me on this but perhaps it's because some of their vassals are imprisoned in a castle/town

I noticed some prisoners simply won't join my army no matter what i do, i have maxed out charisma and leadership so it can't be that, is there any other factor that i am missing or are some prisoners just hardcoded to never join you (if that's the case that would suck for me since one of my main enjoyments is collecting as many different kinds of troops as i can), if so can that be changed in any way?

samoja said:
I noticed some prisoners simply won't join my army no matter what i do, i have maxed out charisma and leadership so it can't be that, is there any other factor that i am missing or are some prisoners just hardcoded to never join you (if that's the case that would suck for me since one of my main enjoyments is collecting as many different kinds of troops as i can), if so can that be changed in any way?
Hi there! It's better to post and search at the Q&A thread, so you will get answers faster.
On the mod's main page, there's this under the useful stuff :

3. On rescuing enemies' prisoners:
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 40, you can recruit a soldier of any level.
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 0, you can recruit all of those whose level is smaller than yours+2x*persuasion. Others (whose level is higher) will join you partially, depending on the difference between the levels. The rest of "friendly" soldiers will go away.
You should get the remaining hostile "rescued" soldiers as prisoners.
Exception 1: if you're at war with faction X but also have its culture in your kingdom, you will get half of rescued troops from this faction as troops and another half as prisoners.
Exception 2: if a faction is defeated, relation requirement is passed automatically (Falcons are an exception), only level requirement remains.
4. You can only recruit prisoners from your own party if your level is bigger than theirs and you have positive relation with their faction.

What kind of prisoners are you exactly having trouble to recruit?

willyflare said:
samoja said:
Hi there! It's better to post and search at the Q&A thread, so you will get answers faster.
On the mod's main page, there's this under the useful stuff :

3. On rescuing enemies' prisoners:
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 40, you can recruit a soldier of any level.
If your relation with a soldier's faction plus 3x of your persuasion skill >= 0, you can recruit all of those whose level is smaller than yours+2x*persuasion. Others (whose level is higher) will join you partially, depending on the difference between the levels. The rest of "friendly" soldiers will go away.
You should get the remaining hostile "rescued" soldiers as prisoners.
Exception 1: if you're at war with faction X but also have its culture in your kingdom, you will get half of rescued troops from this faction as troops and another half as prisoners.
Exception 2: if a faction is defeated, relation requirement is passed automatically (Falcons are an exception), only level requirement remains.
4. You can only recruit prisoners from your own party if your level is bigger than theirs and you have positive relation with their faction.

What kind of prisoners are you exactly having trouble to recruit?

Mostly "hordes", is there any way to remove that condition? Recruiting formerly hostile prisoners is a big part of my roleplay and i don't think i want to keep playing if i am outright barred from doing so.

I assume hordes means Zann units?
If you are in peace with them, you can normally recruit their units as usual.
If you are in war with any faction, don't expect their faction units to join you.

Also the system is a game design, cannot be changed. It gave me no issues on collecting units, though. Maybe the devs can help you more on this.

willyflare said:
If you are in war with any faction, don't expect their faction units to join you.

Also the system is a game design, cannot be changed. It gave me no issues on collecting units, though. Maybe the devs can help you more on this.

No i meant spawns like Ankaras, Foreign invaders, Lymbardians and such, you know, outlaw bands. I am not saying i can't win with the system in  place, but that's just not the way i like to play my game, i like to roleplay as a "redeemer", i like the idea of my character taking hostile NPCs and with his force of personality and charisma turning them over to the greater goal of restoring the empire. If i am right the system likely checks your relation with the faction against the predefined range and if your relation is outside of that range it bars you from recruiting those prisoners, it should be a relatively simple matter to change that range to include negative 100 reputation effectively deactivating the system, the issue is that Warband files consist of strings of numbers that are almost impossible to read since there is no context to them, so finding the right value to alter would be near impossible without knowing the source code.

samoja said:
willyflare said:

No i meant spawns like Ankaras, Foreign invaders, Lymbardians and such, you know, outlaw bands. I am not saying i can't win with the system in  place, but that's just not the way i like to play my game, i like to roleplay as a "redeemer", i like the idea of my character taking hostile NPCs and with his force of personality and charisma turning them over to the greater goal of restoring the empire. If i am right the system likely checks your relation with the faction against the predefined range and if your relation is outside of that range it bars you from recruiting those prisoners, it should be a relatively simple matter to change that range to include negative 100 reputation effectively deactivating the system, the issue is that Warband files consist of strings of numbers that are almost impossible to read since there is no context to them, so finding the right value to alter would be near impossible without knowing the source code.

Ahh then you are doing exactly the same thing as me. I'm playing as a king of the outlaw factions, where I'm friendly with them and can recruit any of those in prisoner lists.
It took a long time in the beginning, running around helping them, while bribing lords to ignore my acts against their factions. Impossible to do when you already have a kingdom though. But I got the added bonus that my caravans are not disturbed by any bandits.

If you don't mind doing some work, you can edit the savegame instead, and change your relationship level with the factions that you are interested in to positive. Beware of corruption that can happen and make a backup.

willyflare said:
samoja said:
willyflare said:

Ahh then you are doing exactly the same thing as me. I'm playing as a king of the outlaw factions, where I'm friendly with them and can recruit any of those in prisoner lists.
It took a long time in the beginning, running around helping them, while bribing lords to ignore my acts against their factions. Impossible to do when you already have a kingdom though. But I got the added bonus that my caravans are not disturbed by any bandits.

If you don't mind doing some work, you can edit the savegame instead, and change your relationship level with the factions that you are interested in to positive. Beware of corruption that can happen and make a backup.

Ah, not exactly, i am not playing a bandit lord, i am playing as lawful character who gives bandits second chances. If you read Drizzt books it's like how Drizzt capures Wulfgar in battle and then befriends him and turns him over to his side, i do that but on larger scale.

Vinica was my first city, it got conquered by Zann (the campaigning army not the initial event) and had relatively few soldiers, i threw all i had at it and managed to take it, i built my kingdom around it and it is the only fief i hold directly and the only city i currently hold. Only later i find out it is part of a questline and as part of the quest i need to talk to myself essentially, am i locked out of that quest now?

Back
Top Bottom