Patch Notes v1.1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

If the total number of active wanderers about the same just a more even distribution of types after the changes. Then not really a big deal, as you would always be ensured one with the skills you looking for.
This is fine in theory but in practice there are still some problems. The selection is still RNG limited so some types of companions may not be available for some time. In addition, just yesterday I was trying to get a companion who moved locations almost every single day until he died. I hade no chance of getting him and I can't believe that is intended behavior.

I'm starting to really dislike this game despite actually loving it. 2 days ago woke up and couldn't play because I had to download a 30GB patch. Yesterday woke up and couldn't play because I had to download a 30GB patch, and my save wouldn't work. Today I wake up and guess what? Can't play because I have to download a 30GB patch.

Like wtf this is getting old AF.

my suspicion is that they implemented this absurd mechanism of having companions die soon after you meet them to screw the players who use the diplomacy mod (which is just about anyone who uses a mod).

the developers in this game resisted the idea of a messenger system and resent the fact there is a popular mod out there that brings some playability to their otherwise whacky ideas.

the diplomacy mod created a thoughtful balance where you cannot send messengers to NPCs you have not previously met. this is a coherent and sound idea. so the developers in this game rammed the careless FoW down everyone's throat but their mega grinding master plan would not be complete if people could just dispatch messengers across the map. no sir. so how do you combat this? you kill npcs soon after they have been met.

so my gripe is not about having the wiki full of dead people. my gripe is that this feature makes absolutely no sense. explain to me what is sensible about having NPCs die at the age of 21 just because you just met them only to be replaced with a replica a few turns later?

if it isnt to screw over diplomacy mod they couldnt or wont implement then i dont know what it is.
Hanlon's razor, it's either some obscure mod conflict you have or just a bug - not a sinister plan from TW to screw the players over. They know mods are their main saving grace and why the game isn't already DOA as it should be given the state of the 'full release'.
FoW was release recently, definitely a lot of QoL and efficiency measures are needed to flesh it out (like all other incomplete systems to date); whether they do, take a look at past precedence.

Hi!
There is a new update (28GB) on Xbox Series, is it fix now? Can we use our 1.1.0v save without problems? :smile:

If the total number of active wanderers about the same just a more even distribution of types after the changes. Then not really a big deal, as you would always be ensured one with the skills you looking for. If it became more cumbersome for you because of a mod you are using? That is on you though. If you fire a companion they end up "lost" and gone from the game. Lost and dead two different things. If you check with the encyclopedia it say they "disappeared", meanwhile a dead character would look like; died in battle, of old age, natural causes etc, Look at it like people that couldn't find work and went elsewhwere, retired etc.

you are totally missing the point.

you babble on about the differences between disappearing and dieing and so on and so forth but WHAT IS THE POINT of this change?

what is this trying to solve? what is it trying to achieve? where is the fun factor?

quit trying to kiss the developers arse or blaming me for using mods and objectively think about and share with us any positive aspect or overall improvement to the game this change brings....

if all you can think is "more distribution of types" then wouldn't that be solved by increasing the overall amount of wonderes in the game? wouldn't that be your first choice? "oh ya, there are no healers in some saves... so let us increase the number of wonderers in the world.... no, screw that. let us kill them and respawn them on a constant basis is even better. better yet, let us kill them and respawn an exact replica shortly after".

On xbox X/S, pre battle deployment is still broken 😓 I've only attacked bandits and forest bandits so far, but the battle starts right up. No deployment screen.

Also, I told my infantry to charge and they just stood there. Archers and cav charged tho.

On xbox X/S, pre battle deployment is still broken 😓 I've only attacked bandits and forest bandits so far, but the battle starts right up. No deployment screen.
You need to have at least 20 or 30 units in the first place to access pre battle deployment. If you did, then I don't know what's wrong.

Please just let this patch work and not have to go backwards. Everytime someone posts it makes me worry we're going to have another rollback :s

You have 20+ units? Need 20 for it to show.
Thank you for this info. No I did not have 20+ units. I have 17 now so I will try again after I get a few more recruits. I have confirmed the infantry charge command is bugged. It happened on my friends game as well after I told him to test that. Engage command works.

Thank you for this info. No I did not have 20+ units. I have 17 now so I will try again after I get a few more recruits. I have confirmed the infantry charge command is bugged. It happened on my friends game as well after I told him to test that. Engage command works.

There is a bug where pre-battle doesn't show up, but only when you join an existing fight, or do a quest such as "caravan ambush". Quite annoying later on when your party is quite big.

Back
Top Bottom